Chapter 18

Not Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I get scared, the more you look at me

I guess I keep making you cry

[Jung Dong Ha – Look At You]

 

 

 

“Oh, aunty..I forgot my phone in Sungmin hyung’s room. Wait here for a while and order what foods you want”, Kyuhyun bowed and flashing a polite smile to Mrs. Lee. She replied with a faint smile and nodded.

“Must be hurry”, Kyuhyun mumbled while he walks hurriedly towards Sungmin’s room.

 

~

 

“Here we are, Hyukjae”, Donghae said while opening the door to Sungmin’s room. Donghae let Hyukjae in first then entered and closed the door. Hyukjae felt suddenly warm and comfortable being in the patient’s room. He walks slowly and approached the bed wards as Donghae then led him slowly towards the seat beside the bed wards and let Hyukjae occupying the seat.

“Hyung, I’m here. I brought my friend here, it’s okay right? You wouldn’t mind because he’s a good guy”, Donghae said as he watched Hyukjae let go of his toll slowly and crept up on the bed, touching everywhere until his hands found Sungmin’s hand and the blind boy squeezed Sungmin’s hand softly.

“He’s okay, Dongwoo? He seems unconscious?”, Hyukjae let go of Sungmin’s hand and crept up slowly touching he believed is his face and slowly his hand goes up touching his thin lips, his pointed nose, and lastly the bandaged eyes. He rubbed slowly his eyes and quite confused.

“He injured his eyes”, Donghae answered the unspoken question running in Hyukjae’s mind as Hyukjae slowly retreating his hand and suddenly clutched his hands  tightly.

“He’ll be okay, right? He won’t be blind like me, right?”, a sudden rush of anxiousness swapped Hyukjae’s mind.

“We hope so, he was blind in a short term a few years ago. His cornea was once broken and he got donor from someone. I didn’t know what’s happening with him to cause his donor cornea suddenly turned out like that. Doctor said the cornea suddenly refused and we couldn’t do anything but wait until he awake, looking at the react since doctor now just couldn’ check his condition because of his state just suddenly dropped like that. The doctors couldn’t do anything but wait until his condition gets better”, Donghae explained as he looked at the broken state of Hyukjae hearing those explanations from him; he placed his hand carefully on top of Hyukjae’s shoulders.

“I hope he would be okay..”, Hyukjae responded as he felt suddenly strange of Donghae’s explanation.

Donor? Cornea? It couldn’t be…..Sungmin hyung, right?

Hyukjae froze as he turned his head again towards Sungmin’s face and let his hands wander again to touch his face. Hyukjae closed his eyes and touched the unconscious boy facial features.

 

 

“Minnie Hyung!”, Little Hyukjae ran quickly approaching the cute boy whose holding a bunny and the boy looked up responding to little Hyukjae calls with a charming smile and he pulled Hyukjae to sit right in front of him and he gives the thin boy his other bunnies.

“Play with me for a while before Hae and Kyu coming”, the boy cutely said to Hyukjae and Hyukjae pouted.

“Am I not allowed to play together with you hyung?”, Hyukjae pouted and the tears slowly formed in his eyes. Sungmin panicked as he saw that Hyukjae now is sniffling and he didn’t want to if his mother scolding him for causing Hyukjae to cry.

He pulled Hyukjae into his embrace as Hyukjae holding as best as he could his cries but finally he let go of his emotion as his Sungmin hyung patted and caressed his back softly.

“Uljima, Hyukkie. Hyung is hurt seeing you sad…I didn’t mean it like that..but lately you didn’t even bother to play with us, you played with our new neighbor, Suie and his twin brother so happily that you forgetting us wanting to play with you too”, Sungmin explained as Hyukjae’s cries died down and he let go of his hyung’s embrace and pouting.

“Suie said to me that he got new toys since he has brother that have a slightly preference with him, his toys are so manyyyyyy! Junnie also is allowing me to play with his toys and we also happy that we could play soccer together…I didn’t mean to forget hyung, Hae, and Kyu. I’m sorry..”, Hyukjae apologizing and bowed his head facing the ground as Sungmin ruffled his hair making Hyukjae’s soft hair a mess.

“But don’t forget about us again, understand? Donghae is lonely without you because I always use Kyu as my prince and he got no one because you’re not here, you should be Donghae’s princess and he would be your prince charming”,little Sungmin explained in cutely ways.

“B-but..b-but Suie said that I shouldn’t play a girly games like that and besides I’m a boy and I didn’t want to if Suie doesn’t wanna play with me anymore because he got so many toys..and and he said I’m not fit to be Donghae’s princess, I should become his princess if I want to play prince-princess game with you hyung, but I said I don’t want to because usually Donghae would be my prince and I like Donghae more to be my prince than Suie, he didn’t understand what I want unlike Donghae”, Hyukjae rubbed his nape and suddenly looking up towards Sungmin.

“He also said that I don’t resemble with you hyung..he said that we don’t have the same features like him and Junnie, but I said Sungmin hyung, you aren’t my twin brothers but he keep said that even if we aren’t twins at least brothers should resemble with each other and after I looked closely he’s right…maybe I’m not your brothers hyung…that’s why I don’t play with you anymore because he said that and I actually sad hearing that..”, Hyukjae again sniffled and right in time two boys approached them, Hyukjae is crying and the fish looks-like boy giving Hyukjae a worried look.

“Hyukkie, why crying?! Who makes you cry? Minnie, you did that? Why you make your brother cry..?”, little Donghae exclaimed as he kneeled beside Hyukjae and taking turn to embrace the once again crying boy towards his embrace.

“I wasn’t…and this is because of that Suie boy corrupting our Hyukkie’s mind, I will attack him with my martial arts, just he watch!”, the cute boy clicked his tongue as he suddenly became angry to his new neighbor for making his brother sad like this.

“Hyung, that’s not good to angry. Let God replies in your behave, we shouldn’t do bad things like that”, said the maknae, the clever looking boy dropped to his knees as he patted Hyukjae’s head and telling him to calm down (seems different with his character now XD)

“You didn’t know anything Kyu, you’re still 6 and I’m already on my way to 8. That Suie boy really has no manners talking that harsh things towards our little innocent Hyukkie!”, Sungmin huffed as he sit beside Kyuhyun and pouting.

“Look here boys, Minnie has thin lips while I’m not…my lips are plump!”, Hyukjae suddenly exclaimed as he let go of Donghae’s embrace and touching his hyung’s lips and compared with his.

“Mine are plump, Hyukkie”, Kyuhyun exclaimed as the boys nodded in agree but Hyukjae just didn’t want to agree and he’s again touching Sungmin pointed nose and compared with his nose that slightly not pointed as Sungmin’s.

“Our nose too is different and eyes! Look, you look us, our eyes totally different, right? And our cheekbones, mine are sharp but Minnie hyung is not! Hwaaa! I’m not your brother, Minnie hyung…hwaaa!!!”, Hyukjae screamed and sobbed heavily as again Donghae embraced him now tightly and tried to find a word to calm down Hyukjae.

“If you’re touching it with close eyes, you’re not different with Minnie!”, Donghae suddenly exclaimed  as he reluctantly let go of Hyukjae.

“Look..”, Donghae closed his eyes and touching Sungmin and Hyukjae facial features slowly explaining.

“Your eyes is the same, your nose is…oh~ slightly the same, your lips are both the same no matter thin or plump~ and your cheekbones are slightly the same..”, Donghae completed his explanations and making the boys looked at him.

“Just try to touch it like that Hyukkie, and you are definitely Minnie hyung’s brother!”

 

Little Donghae’s voice rang on his head as he slowly touched the eyes.

“Your eyes is the same, your nose is…oh~ slightly the same, your lips are both the same no matter thin or plump~ and your cheekbones are slightly the same..”

“Your eyes is the same~”, Hyukjae mumbled a bit as he rubbed the bandaged eyes.

“Your nose is…oh~ slightly the same”, he continued on touching the nose and looking at this, Donghae is frowning and a scene of his past suddenly rushed through his head. He widened his eyes as he continued on looking at Hyukjae’s han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter