Determination, Stick Around

Just Maybe

It's been a week since the Big Bang sunbaes left for Japan and 2NE1 is just about to do the same. After he said those words in the practice room, he avoided me ever since. I would glance over at him a few times, hoping that he'd look my way even if it's just for a second. Am I really just a rebound to him?

 

"You alright?" L.J. asked, noticing how quiet I was being. Usually I'd be jumping around, smiling and laughing at everything- even if it wasn't funny. But not this time. I was looking up at the sky- the endless sky that I wish to soar through- thinking about everything that happened so far. 

 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied, giving him a fake smile as I walked towards him. He was sitting on the couch on the other side of the room, looking at some papers. 

 

"Scared about debuting?" He asked, turning his head to look at me when I sat down next to him. "Scared that I'll lose the determination I have now." I said, putting my head back, looking up at the ceiling. Because I'm slowly losing the person I really am.

 

"Should I contact your parents to come and support you?" He asked, putting the papers aside, taking his laptop that was sitting on the table beside. "If you're referring to my aunt, she's not feeling well enough to travel a long distance." I answered slowly, still staring blankly at the ceiling. 

 

He stopped typing whatever he was typing and looked at me with a confused face. "What do you mean?" He asked, not knowing about my family background I assume. Even though he's my manager. My parents sent me over to my aunt due to financial problems and they suddenly disappeared shortly after. Not letting my aunt know where they were going or any way to contact them. I grew up under my aunt's care for so long that it seems like she was the one who gave birth to me. 

 

But I didn't tell L.J. about it. I didn't want him to pity me, to know I'm an abandoned child. Abandoned. Oh how much I hate that word. 

 

"Don't worry about it. I'll do just fine.. alone." I lied, getting back up, walking towards the music player. I turned it on and Ji Yong's Heartbreaker played. "Aiish~" I said, turning it off. And when I thought I wouldn't hear his voice anymore, this had to happen. 

 

"Daisy-ah, we have to go attend a meeting with YG." He said, putting his lap top back onto the table beside the couch. "What meeting?" I asked, following behind him even though I still have no clue what the meeting is about. "You'll know when we get there." He said, fixing his hair. Couldn't he just tell me? I think this side to him is going to be a problem later on.

 

"Hello~" I said in a sweet voice, bowing deeply when I entered the room to see YG, Teddy and Kush oppas sitting around the table. "Daisy~" Kush oppa said, giving me a pat on the back when I passed by. 

 

I took the empty seat between YG and Kush while L.J. sat in between YG and Teddy. "Alright~ So I set the official date for your debut. It's going to be at the end of this month. Three weeks to prepare everything." YG said, looking into my eyes. Three weeks? Isn't that too short? What if I get stuck and disappoint everyone?

 

"You're fine with that, right?" YG asked, looking at everyone else now. "The song that Ji Yong and I have been working on for some time now, I think with a few changes, it's going to be a nuclear bomb." Teddy said, smiling wide, looking at me. Nuclear bomb. More pressure, just want I wished for. 

 

"Great. I'll drop by later to check it out." YG said, looking up at Teddy and Kush who's about to leave. "Hwaiting!" Teddy said, reaching over to give me a high five. 

 

"And there's something else you wanted to talk about?" YG asked, looking over at him. They seem unusually awkward. I'm getting a worried feeling. 

 

"Since she's going to need a way to show her love to the nation. I think putting her on a show at the beginning of her debut will give her a chance to do so." L.J. said, slowly and carefully. "We got Married." He continued, still looking awkward. "What?" I protested right away. "That's a good idea. Call the PD up and arrange a meeting." YG said with half a smile. "Work extra hard from now on~" He said before getting up, patting me on top of my head, walking towards the door. I stood up and bowed. 

 

"Why didn't you discuss this with me first?" I said in a frustrated voice. "But I'm the manager, right? I do what's best for you." He said with a hateful smile. 

 

Things are already this complicated even though I didn't debut yet. Please determination, stick around.