Promise me

Just Maybe

 

The days went by like it was just yesterday that I stepped foot into YG Family. I'm starting to think that this is a dream and not reality anymore. 

 

These past two weeks in a half, my mind and soul was put into recording the song, practicing it and getting the dance moves down. That's what I did every morning, nonstop. At night, I was at the photo shoots for my teasers. I can't recall when I last slept.

 

The teasers are release three days before my debut stage, through all the music broadcasting stations. Everything seems perfect except I can't think of a stage name. The last teaser was still unfinished because of that. 

 

YG wanted to name me Lady Lee but there was Lady Jane and I'm not even close to being lady like. L.J. wanted my stage name to be Daisy but YG disagreed, saying it was too simple.

 

I didn't say a word and let him discussed. Eventually they called all the artists, dancers and staffs to help come up with a list of stage names for them to choose from. From L.D. to Miss D. These people are not as creative as I thought they were. 

 

"How about Miss Daisy?" Teddy oppa said, silencing everyone who were once talking over each other. "It gives you that classy, independent feeling. And that can be her style." He continued, everyone's attention on him. Even though I wanted something more, it will have to do. Miss Daisy.

 

And so the first two teasers were released, leaving the crowd with much anticipation. The hits for YG's official website increased rapidly not too long after the third teaser was released. It was longer than the first two. It consists of my full name, stage name, preview of my debut song and a shadow of me dancing. It was creative. Props to whoever made this teaser. 

 

"Are you nervous?" YG asked, walking up from behind. I was sitting alone in the court yard, trying to calm myself down. "Will you be disappointed in me if I say yes?" I asked, following him with my eyes. "Of course- not." He joked, sitting down next to me. We both smiled and looked up at the sky. "You'll do well.. I know you will." He said with a chill yet supportive voice. 

 

I tossed and turned the night before my debut, my heart was racing like crazy. I couldn't sleep so I got up and went out on the balcony. There was only one star shining. I suddenly feel connected to it. It was like me, alone in a world so wide. Kwon Ji Yong. You're going well, right? If only I could see you right now. 

 

I stretched my arms up high, smiling at the lonely night sky. "Oh, who's calling at this time?" I asked when my phone vibrated. Kwon Ji Yong. Is he really calling me or am I just imagining things?

 

"Hello~" I said in a quiet voice, almost whispering. "Can you meet me by the playground at your place?" He asked, sounding a little sick. "Are you alright?" I asked in a worried tone. But he already hung up. He seriously needs to stop being so irritating. I prefer his warm, loving side than his I'm-so-cool side. 

 

I quickly put on my jacket and tip toed all the way downstairs, out the door. Everyone was already asleep in the house but I'm not risking anything.

 

When I reached the park, he was sitting at the bottom of the slide, holding onto a bag, staring blankly at the ground. I approached him slowly, looking at him. He didn't turn his focus no me until I was around three feet in front of him. 

 

"When did you get back?" I asked, not knowing how to start the conversation. "Just a few hours ago. YG hyung wanted everyone to come support you." He answered, standing up. Of course he wouldn't just come back like that. 

 

"This is a gift from the members for you." He said, handing me the bag. "Oh~ Please thank them on my behalf." I said, taking the bag from him. 

 

"You should get going~ your manager is waiting." I said, turning my head towards the van parked on the other side. "Do you hate me that much?" He asked, getting me off guard. "You know I don't hate you." I said, looking back at him. "Then why are you pushing me away?" He asked, taking a step towards me.

 

Because I wanted to be the person that holds your heart. I looked at him and didn't say any word. I ran out of excuses. "Lets work things out. Back at my place." He said, looking at me with sincerity in his eyes. "Not tonight~ your manager must be tired also. Go home and rest, okay?" I said, turning around, taking little steps away from him. 

 

"Just this one last time." He said, still standing in the same spot. I stopped but continued to walk, ignoring his words. "I love you, Daisy Lee." He said loudly.

 

My heart started to beat faster once again. I stopped and turned my head half way. "Please don't say things that will make me fall for you more, I'll be the only one that's going to end up hurt." I said, walking away from him once again.

 

I turned out of the playground and walked up the street that I came down from earlier. I jumped a little when Ji Yong came up behind me and hugged me tightly. He was hot~ is he really sick?

 

"How do you know I'm not hurting too? When you walked out on that day, I didn't know what to do. I was afraid that I'd mess it up more if I told you about I FELT towards Bom noona. I was more scared to hear the words break up come out of your mouth. I've never been this afraid in my life." He said, stilling hugging me from behind, tighter than a minute ago.

 

Why is he explaining now? Why now? After all this time. I spent a month, alone, getting over the pain by myself. Thinking that you're happily with Bom by now. Was I the one that's wrong this whole time?

 

I dropped the bag onto the ground and turned around, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. I missed his arms around me, his skin against mine, his smell~ I missed his kisses. 

 

"Promise me you won't hide anything from me again?" I asked, looking up at him. "I promise." He said, putting out his pinky. "Oh and I have something else to say..." I said as we sealed the promise. "What?" He asked with an uneasy tone, dropping his other arm that was around me. 

 

I gave him a small, timid smile, moving back from him. "I'll be on We Got Married." I confessed, waiting for his expression to change. "I know. But you belong to me." He said, pulling me back in, taking my mouth with his.

 

"Stop~ people are going to see us." I said, pulling away. As much as I wanted more, I had to have control. "Then come to my place?" He said with a smirk.

 

I decided it was my turn to get what I want- someone that truly loves me. I placed him- us- first in front of everything and everyone else. I truly hope that we'll continue to last forever. Kwon Ji Yong.