The First Step of my Journey

Just Maybe

 The First Step of my Journey

 

I spent my high school days concentrating on my music skills instead of focusing on my education or my social life. But that paid off when I was finally picked by YG himself. 

"You still have some, not much just some, things to work on but your determination is why you're picked. Don't ever lose that determination that will bring you far, got it?"

I don't mind if I still have some things to work on, I made it into YG Entertainment, a spot where anyone would kill for. 

I walked into the main foor of YGEnt. with an excited feeling throughout my body. I bowed down at a 90 degree angle everytime a sunbae or a staff member passed by. I'm thankful for korean classes at my school, the only class that I was actually interested in. 

"Daisy-ah, come with me to my office. I would like to discuss something with you." YG said, putting his hand on the elevator door, stopping it from closing. "Annyeonghaseyo~" I said as I give him a deep bow when I approached the elevator. 

His office was wide and luxurious; bigger than my living room at home. I stood in front of his desk while he took his seat in the comfy chair. I didn't want to sit without his permissing, especially since I'm the new trainee in the president's office. 

He had on a mysterious expression, arms folded, looking into my eyes. "I discussed with my wife last night about your situation and we decided it would be best if you become our goddaughter. You know, so you have us as a family in Korea." He said, handing me a folder of papers. 

"Excuse me, president?" I asked in a surprise tone. I opened the folder to see documents and papers about becoming his goddaughter. The only thing missing was my signature. "Wow." I said, not knowing what to say next. 

"You're not going to think about this great opportunity are you?" He teased, smiling for the first time since I met him. 

Of course not. Is this still reality or what? Goddaughter of the CEO of YGEnt.? One of the top agencies throughout Korea, or even Asia.

He handed me the pen that was laying around on his desk, watching me sign the papers. "I-I don't know hot to thank you enough." I said, giving him another deep bow. 

"Train well. Continue to have that determination and call me appa." He said with a chill voice. "I was kidding about calling me appa. You can if you want, but you don't have to." He said to my shock expression. He tried to make a joke and failed. "I'll try, president." I said, smiling awkwardly. 

"Oh and one more thing. No sneaking around and having a boyfriend without me knowing." He said in a serious tone this time, sending shivers throughout my body.

The place was enormous; if I could, I would call this my castle that every little girl ever wanted. I wondered around the basement, looking for my practice room.  There was too many rooms, it seemed like I was walking in circles for the past half hour.

I could hear voices coming from the corner at the end of the hallway ahead of me. The voices were very familiar. Being curious, I sped up and peeked around the corner. Seunghyun and Daesung oppa were messing around outside of their practice room. 

When their eyes met with mine, I quickly bowed continuously in a panic. They were the reason I pushed myself this far. Being a fan for so long and now working with them is not what I expected. Don't get me wrong; It's amazing but having my heart beat increase whenever I run into them is the last thing I wanted. 

"You're Daisy Lee?" Daesung oppa asked as he has on his warm eye smile. "Yes." I answered in a timid voice, trying to calm heart down. "You're a person with talent, like me aren't you?" He asked, looking at me from top to bottom. "With determination." I answered honestly with a awkward laugh. 

My appearance isn't enough to be called beautiful nor ugly. I'm just somehwere in between. 

"Hyung~ Ji yong hyung wants you two back inside. We're practicing again." Seungri oppa said, peeking through the door.

"Hwaiting!" I said, giving them a bow as they pushed Seungri back inside the door and followed right behind. 

I let out a sigh and continued down the hallway, hoping that my practice room is there. I was already tired of walking around and searching for something that should just stand out. 

'Welcome little sister, Daisy~' was hung across the door on the last room on the right. There were little post it notes sticked throughout the door with messages written on each one. I read each one carefully, having a warm feeling inside of me. 

After going through the last post it, I realized the one that I was waiting for wasn't there. All of the Big Bang members had written me a message, except Ji Yong oppa. For some reason, I had an uneasy feeling in my hear. "What am I thinking?" I mumbled to myself, thinking how much of an idiot I am to think that he would lay his eyes on me. "Never." I said, pushing through the door. 

My practice room was a little smaller than the one back home but it's huge for one person to use. Mirrors covered teh front and back wall while there's a wide window on one of the side wall. 

The sun disappeared behind the gray clouds that took over the blue sky. The ground was wet due to the rain from earlier. 

I took in a deep beathe as I stretched my arms up high, staring outside the window. 

I plugged in my ipod to the sound system and started to free style to Rihanna's Disturbia. 

My dancing skills sure surpass my singing skills but it's still bearable. Besides, I did learn to move before I opened my mouth. 

When the song ended, claps were coming from behind me. It was Minji of 2NE1. She looked stunning even with just a t-shirt, sweats and no make up on. 

"Woah, you're incredible~" She said, still clapping for me as she approaches me. I let out a shy smile and bowed to her. Even though I'm two years older than her, she's still my sunbae in and out of YG. 

"Where did you learn to dance like that?" She asked, repeating some of the moves I did earlier. She rocked it perfectly. Better than me. 

I smiled at her cuteness as she continued to have on an amazed expression. "I was in a crew back home." I said, turning down the volume. 

"Woah, that must be fun." She said, taking a seat on the floor, against the mirror wall.

"You're the best, I heard." I said, taking a seat next to her. "Please, with your moves, I'm just the dancer in the back." he said, half laughing, playfully pushing me on the arm. I met Minji before my final audition. She was in her practice room, music up loud, free styling as if it was real choreography. She looked out the window and smiled at me. Her friendly smiled helped the anxious feeling that I felt. The outcome could have been different if she didn't help my anxiety. "Please." I said, laughing as I picked myself up.

I held out my hand, offering to pick her up. "Before I forget, here's the invitation to Bom Unnie's birthday party this weekend." She said, handing me a small card with my name hand written on the top corner. "Thanks." I shouted when she closed the door behind her. 

I stared at the invitation blankly. Does this mean that Ji Yong oppa will be there? Without realizing, a smile formed acorss my face. My heart started to beat faster as I continued to think about seeing him. Him who probably has an ideal girl set in mind. Someone that's the opposite of me. 

I let out a heavy sigh as I tossed the invitation on top of my bag. Outside started to rain once again. "Are you helping me hide my tears?" I asked, looking up at the gloomy sky. 

It's been a long way, but I finally took the first step to my long journey.