Holding Your Broken Heart

Just Maybe

 

The wind was blowing steadily, the sun shining just enough to not turn the day into an hot oven, the sky was clear and the clouds were full and puffy. I laid on the grass, out in the court yard at the YG headquarters, using my arm to cover my eyes from the sunlight shining down. I skipped practice again. I wasn't in the right mood to do anything besides laying here, experiencing the pain that Ji Yong caused by myself.

 

Just when I started to feel better, I heard Bom unnie's heavy breathing approaching me. She came up and stood in the direction of the sun. I didn't have to look to know where she was standing. "Can I talk to you real quick?" She asked without greeting of any sort. Is this about Ji Yong? If it is- I think I'll explode.

 

"Yeah. Sure." I said, pushing myself up. She was dressed in sweat pants and a tank top, hair was tied up high and her face was prettier than usual. Maybe because the sunlight is reflecting off of her. I could understand why Ji Yong- or any guy- would fall for her. 

 

"Are you the one that Ji Yong is seeing?" She asked directly, looking into my eyes with her eyes that was once her best feature. There was pain, anger and jealousy behind those eyes. The three feelings that I despise the most. 

 

"Yes." I answered politely, not trying to come off rude. "You should break it off with him as soon as possible. He's only going to hurt you." She said, still looking at me with those eyes. I'm already hurt. "If you're worried about not getting Ji Yong oppa back, don't worry." I said, giving her a smile, taking a step towards her direction. 

 

"You don't understand. You're just another girl that he's using to help his broken heart. He's going to leave you standing there, holding your broken heart as he move on to someone new." She said, grabbing my wrist when I walked past her. "Someone new? Is that person you? The person that's holding his heart?" I asked, yanking myself free. "Like I said, you don't have to worry about him not coming back to you." I said before walking back inside the building. Love can blind a person to the point that the person they once was faded away, lost somewhere dark and nasty. 

 

I wanted to cry my eyes out, scream as loud as I could, releasing all the pain out of me. But- I'm not that type of person. I my tears up and headed back to my practice room, where L.J. oppa was waiting. Probably in a pissed off mood, thinking of my punishments. 

 

"Daisy." Ji Yong said in a soft voice, standing in front of my practice room. Just great. Bom and now him. I stopped and glared at him, thinking whether I should turn around and walk or go forward to deal with this situation and get it over with. Going back- I'm not that type of person either. 

 

I walked forward slowly, looking at him the whole time. I reached out for the door knob but he grabbed onto my hand and pulled me into his arms. "Are you still mad about Friday night?" He asked, knowing that I'm still angry. I didn't answer him and pushed him away, giving him a glare. "I guess that's a yes." He said softly, looking at me who's already opening the door. 

 

I walked in with him following behind me, closing the door shut once he was in. He secretly locked it, watching me to see if I'd turn around unexpectedly and see what he was doing.

 

"Aigo, don't be mad at me anymore. I'm sorry." He said, picking me up by the waist, spinning me in circles. Does he know what to do and what not to do when a girl is mad at him?

 

"Kwon Ji Yong, lets talk." I said in a serious tone as he put me down, hands still on my waist. "Bom unnie came to me earlier." I said, his expression changed immediately. "What did she say?" He asked, taking his hands off of my waist. "The truth." I said, hoping that he would understand. "There is no truth in what she said. Or what you heard that day." He said, putting one of his hand on his hips, the other hand running through his hair. I could see how frustrated he was. 

 

"Then tell me your truth." I said, wanting him to take this second chance I'm giving him seriously. "The past is the past. Let bygones be bygones, right?" He said, blowing his second chance. "Leave. I don't want to deal with this anymore." I said, backing away from him. 

 

"Why can't you just ignore her and enjoy the relationship we're having right now?" He asked in a frustrated tone, running his hand through his hair again. "Aiish." He said, looking at me in the eyes. "Relationship? What relationship? Is it really a relationship? Or am I just the girl that you come to for comfort after unnie rejected you?" I said in a strong, loud voice. I wanted to show him my strong side. A side that he also has. 

 

"Is that how you really think?" He said in a quiet voice, smiling at me. The smile- it was more frightening than anything I've ever seen before. I couldn't understand what he's doing. I couldn't understand anything involving him anymore. 

 

"Then... let's stop all of this nonsense." He said, turning his back to me, walking towards the door. "Ji Yong-" I called out, trying to work things out but then I remembered what Bom said earlier. He doesn't belong to me. He never was. I was the one stopping them from coming together. I had to let go.

 

"This is... the best thing to do." I mumbled when he slammed the door shut after him. I couldn't help it anymore and released the tears that were held in for some time. I fell to the floor and hid my face behind my arms, not wanting anyone to see these tears.