Have You Back

Last Desire

Kai stormed inside his headquarter, where his captain stayed. Some of his co-workers, which he didn't even know exactly who they are, their names, and when did they enter the company, are looking at him curiously. Kai went straight to the receptionist. "Where's Captain?" He asked coldly. The receptionist girl was taken aback by Kai's presence. Kai is not always come to the headquarter, but when he does, it means something really wrong is happening.

"He's on the 3rd floor." She replied. "Have you made your appoinment before?" But Kai could care less about what she said. He rushed himself to the 3rd floor. When he saw his Captain, he's getting indignant. Kai walked towards him just when his Captain saw him.

"Oh, Agent Kai. What-"

Kai shoved him. "What have you done to my life!" He yelled. Captain was taken aback when he saw Kai yelling at him. Kai has never yell at him. Suddenly, Kai took him by the collar and everybody inside the room gathered to stop Kai from what he's doing. "I'll ask you one more ing time, what have you done to my life?!"

Captain furrowed his eyebrows. "What happen to you, Agent Kai?" He asked confusely.

"What have you done to my life- no. What have you done to me?" Kai asked one more time. "Why the did i forget about my relationship with Ye Jin, huh? Tell me!" He landed his fist on Captain's face and everyone pulled Kai harshly.

Captain spit blood out of his mouth. "How did you realize that i brainwashed you, Agent Kai?" He asked. Kai freezes.

He mouthed 'What?' and Captain chuckled.

"I brainwashed you, Agent Kai. It's for your best." He replied and Kai breathes heavily. He started to wriggled his hands out of everyone's grip. Captain could see that Kai's eyes are red and teary. "She ruined your life, Agent Kai. You didn't manage to kill Go Ji Sun because he's Go Ye Jin's father. It was a fatal mistake you did back then. We could have killed Go Ji Sun a year ago, but what? You were the one who got killed by our target. Shame on you, Agent Kai. We told your parents that you were dead. And they left, Agent Kai, they left you. They didn't care about you at all. Good thing that they left, if they didn't, they would tell you everything about Go Ye Jin and that would destroy you again. It's for your be-"

"SHUT UP!" Kai cried out. "HOW COULD YOU?! HOW COULD YOU SAY SHE RUINED MY LIFE?! YOU-" He pointed at Captain. "YES YOU, YOU TRASH. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO RUINED MY LIFE! SHE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT I WAS A SPY. AND I DIDN'T KNOW THAT SHE'S GO JI SUN'S DAUGHTER!!" Kai lost all of his patience. "YOU MADE ME FORGET ABOUT HER, SHE'S THE ONLY ONE THAT I CARE ABOUT. I DON'T CARE IF MY PARENTS LEFT ME BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T CARE ABOUT ME AT ALL. BUT YOU MADE ME FORGET ABOUT YE JIN-" He breathes heavily as a single tear slipped out of his eye. 

"Promise me that we will always be together forever." Ye Jin snuggled her cheek on Kai's chest. Kai took in her scent and wrap his hands on Ye Jin's waist.

"I promise." He said. "I will never leave you alone. Leaving you would be the biggest sin in my life." Ye Jin giggled and lift her head to look at Kai's face. "What?" He asked with a soft chuckle in the end of his word. Ye Jin shook her head lightly.

"I love you." She said. She tip-toed and pecked Kai's lips. Kai was surprised and he chuckled.

"I love you too." He replied as they share a kiss lovingly.

Kai couldn't stop his tears from falling out of his eyes. Captain laugh sarcastically. "Look at yourself, Agent Kai. Languish, weak, broken. This is what i hate about you. She is your weakness. I never thought you'll remember about her again. What a shame." He said. Kai looked at him sharply. That's it.

"Let me go. I'm leaving." He said coldly. Everyone loosen thier grip and Kai turned around.

"Where are you going, Agent Kai? You're not leaving until you kill this target." Said Captain as Kai walk towards the exit door. He stopped in front of the door and breathes heavily. He opens the door and go back to the 1st floor, and went out of the building without even looking back.


Kai reached his house at 8 in the morning. When he opens the main door, he saw Suho sitting on the sofa. Suho glanced at Kai and he quickly walk towards him.

"Where have you been?" He asked worrily and confusely. Kai shoved him away and went straight to his room. Suho hissed but decided to follow him. "Answer me, Kai." He said when he reached Kai's room. Kai opened his jacket and throw it to his desk. Suho put his hand on Kai's shoulder and turned him around. "Did you try to kill Ye Jin?" He asked all of the sudden. By hearing that name, Kai's blood rushes through his body and anger starts dominating him.

"Why did you care? Who is she to you, huh?" Kai asked coldly.

"So you did try to kill her, didn't you?" 

Kai hissed and shoved away Suho's arms from his shoulder. "Who is she to you? Is she your girlfriend? Why did you care so much about her? Stay the away from her or i'll kill you with my own hand." Kai threatened. Suho furrowed his eyebrows confusely.

"What's your problem? And who is she to you? Why did she asked me whether it was you who broke into her room or not? Why did she even cried when i told her that it was really Kim Jongin?" Suho asked back and Kai widened his eyes.

"She cried?" Kai asked in disbelief. Suho is getting more curious about them. Suho gulped down.

"I like her, Kai. Since the first time i get to know her, i fell for her." Suho said out of the blue. Kai slanted his eyes on Suho and he mouthed 'What?'. "I like her. How many times do i have to repeat it?"

Kai groans and grab Suho by the collar. He pushed Suho and pinned him to the wall. Suho hissed as his back met the hard surface behind him. "What the hell, Kai?" Suho asked, irritated by Kai's action.

"Don't you dare to lay your eyes on her. She's my girlfriend." Kai said and Suho widened his eyes.

"Your girlfriend?" Suho chuckled. "Do enlighten me, Kim Jongin. How the hell is she your girlfriend when you never even met her."

"You ever asked me about my past, didn't you? Let me tell you something, she was there. She was there in my past." He explained.

"Stop saying non-sense, Kai. You barely even know her. You don't even know your own past. Why are you bringing her up, you-"

"SHE WAS MY GIRLFRIEND!" Kai yelled. Suho got shock and he shut his mouth. Suho can tell that Kai's eyes are teary. There is no way Kai would tell a lie if he's like this. "I told you before that Go Ji Sun killed someone who tried to stop him from doing bad things, didn't i?" He asked, stammered. Tears are threatening to fall from his eyes. Suho nodded slowly. "It was me, hyung, it was me. He shot me." A tear slipped out of his eyes. Suho widened his eyes. Kai's grip on Suho's collar loosen and Kai looked down.

"What are you saying, Kai?" Suho asked confusely. He couldn't digest all of Kai's words. Kai didn't say a thing and turned away as he wipes his tears away. When he was about to leave the room, Suho grab his shoulder and turn him around to face him. "Kai, talk to me." Kai shoved his hand away and look at Suho in the eyes.

"I'm going to end all of this, hyung." Kai said all of the sudden. "I'm going to end all of this mess so that Ye Jin can live happily."

"What? By killing her father? Do you think she'll live happily when she has no one to lean on?" Suho asked sarcastically. Kai just turned around and leave Suho alone.


"Miss, your teacher called us eariler and he said that he can't come here to teach you today." Her maid told her while she was eating her breakfast.

"Okay." She replied weakly. "Did he say anything else?"

"No, Miss. He didn't say anything else except he couldn't come today." Her maid replied and she sighed. She wipes with handkerchief as she got up from her seat.

"Alright then. I'll be in my room." She said as she made her way to her room. When she opened the door, her eyes widened when she saw Kai sitting on her desk. 

"Close the door." He said and Ye Jin obeyed. Tears are b in her eyes as Kai gave her a slight smile.

"Is that you, Jongin?" She asked stammered. Kai walked towards her as he sighed. He stopped just right in front of her and he took Ye Jin's hand. He put her palm on his cheek and he smiled.

"Do you miss me?" He asked. His eyes are teary, yet the tears never fall. A tear slipped out of Ye Jin's eyes as she felt his warmth on her palm. Kai leaned his head deeply into Ye Jin's palm and Ye Jin laughed a little bit with tears keep on falling. "Don't cry." He said as he wipes away her tears. She laugh again but then it turns into sobs. Kai pull her into a hug and Ye Jin cried on his chest.

"Where have you been, you idiot?" She asked between her sobs and Kai chuckled. "It has been one ing year and when i was about to let you go, you showed up like nothing happened in the past, you piece of-"

Kai cut her words by kissing her deeply and she widened her eyes. She melts down into the kiss and finally she closed her eyes. It would be a lie if both of them said that they didn't miss this kind of kiss. He wipes his thumb on her cheek when he pulled back. She looks at him in the eye and sobbed once.

"I miss you." He said. "I miss you so much."

"Where have you been?" She asked out of the blue. Kai sighed. "Jongin."

"Can we sit down? I'll tell you everything." He said with a weak smile. Ye Jin nodded and both of them sit on Ye Jin's bed. Kai told her about everything, about he got brain-washed, about him still being a spy, about his current target. Ye Jin is just listening to everything he said without expression. When Kai finished his story, he looks at her in the eye and sighed. "Is it that hard to understand?" He asked carefully. Ye Jin shook her head.

"I just don't know what to do. Are you going to kill my father?" She asked. Kai looks away as he took her hand slowly and play with her fingers. "Jongin, tell me. What are you going to do about it?" She asked again. 

"You know what, i don't know." He said as he stop playing with her fingers. "I want to be with you but-" He sighed. "Your dad knows about me. And i don't want to take away your father. But Ye Jin, you have to know that your father-"

"Is a criminal? I know that." She said. Kai is lost for words as Ye Jin pull her hand away from Kai and she sighed. "This is up to you, Jongin. I don't want to let you go nor let my father die. You just have to know that i trust you. I've never forget that day when you say that leaving me would be the biggest sin in your life. You never leave, Jongin. That's why i trust you and your decision." She ensured Kai.

Kai nodded slowly and he lift his head to face Ye Jin.

"So, this is my plan."