Again

Last Desire

Kai woke up and finding that he's sleeping on the sofa in front of the TV. Kai rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"Where the hell is Suho hyung, why didn't he told me to move to my room." He asked himself as he stands up and went to check on Suho's room. He opens the door soundlessly and finding Suho, who's sleeping silently on his bed. Kai hissed and shut the door forcefully. Suho got shocked and he opened his eyes all of the sudden. He sat up and his gaze landed on his room's door. 

"What the hell?" He mumbled, rubbing his eyes. He went out of his room and scanning the hallway, but he finds no one. He growled and scratch his head. "I think it's Kai." He complaint. He went downstairs and he saw Kai laying on the sofa. He's not sleeping, but staring blankly at the ceilings. Suho went closer and Kai shot a glare towards Suho. "Why did you slam my door, can you see that i was sleeping?" Suho asked him, annoyed with Kai, who disturbed his beauty sleep.

"Oh, you're sleeping? I thought you died." Kai answered without any intention at all. "Why didn't you woke me up and told me to sleep in my room?" Kai asked back, crossing his arms. Suho scratched his head.

"I got home at 2 AM so i was lazy to woke you up." Suho answered, kinda feel guilty. "But hey, it's not nice to disturb my sleep and it's still 8 AM now! I need more sleep!" He complaint. Kai hissed.

"And why the hell did you get home at 2 AM?" Kai asked curiously. Suho was about to answer his question but he closed his mouth and gulped down.

"Uhh, i was-uh, well there was a traffic jam" Suho explained. Kai furrowed his eyebrow.

"And when the hell was the traffic jam? Around 2 AM?" Kai asked in disbelief.

"Hey, do you want breakfast? I'll make kimchi pancake for you by the way!" Suho exclaimed, avoiding Kai's question. He quickly went towards the kitchen and open the fridge. Kai slants his eyes and shook his head.

"You're so weird" He said softly, not letting Suho to hear what he was saying. 


Both Suho and Kai are relaxing on a cafe near their house. Kai's eyes never leave the tab in front of him while Suho, who is sitting in front of Kai, is currently smiling like an idiot towards his phone. Kai glanced at him for a quite some time and cannot help asking him curiously, "What had gotten into your mind?" 

Suho got shocked and shook his head quickly. "Nothing" He answered. Kai hissed and raised his eyebrow.

"If nothing happens then why did you smiling like an idiot receiving a text message from his girl- wait, you have a girlfriend?" Kai asked curiously, leaning his body towards Suho while widening his eyes. Suho furrowed his eyebrows and quickly shook his head.

"What? N-no." He answered, looking away. Kai slants his eyes and snatched Suho's phone. Suho's eyes widened as Kai read something on his phone. Suho quickly retrieve his phone and hug it like his life depends on it. "What the hell, Kai? You're so impolite!" He scolded. 

"What's with those sweet words you're typing oh God you must be joking. Who are you texting to? That's disgusting." Kai furrowed his eyebrows and act like he's disgusted by Suho's way replying a text message. Suho's face blushed and Kai chuckled. "Your girlfriend?"

Suho was about to tell Kai that it's Yejin but he sealed his lips and shook his head. "Nope, my old friend" he beamed with a gummy smile, forced smile. Kai nodded, disbelief with Suho's answer but didn't care anyway. Suho sighed in relieved and back to texting on his phone. When suddenly, someone is walking towards their table and stopped in front of Kai. 

"Kai!" Said the guy who's standing in front of Kai. Kai lift his head, facing the guy. His eyes widened, also his smile.

"Lay!" He exclaimed. Kai quickly put his tab on the table and stood up, hugging that guy named Lay. Suho is just looking at them innocently. "Where have you been all this time? In which mission are you in now?" Kai asked to Lay and Lay smiled.

"Well, i got a short break from the company after my last mission." He explained as he landed his eyes on Suho. "Oh, your new partner?" Lay asked Kai and Kai nodded lazily. 

"Stand up, hyung." Kai commanded and Suho complied. "This is Lay, he's from our company too. He has been in the company even before you enter the company." Kai explained and Suho quickly bowed.

"Oh, hello. I'm Suho." He said and Lay chuckled.

"You don't have to be so polite, i think we're on the same age?" Lay said as he pats Suho's shoulder and Suho lift hisbody. 

"He's good, not like you." Kai teasingly said to Suho and Suho hissed. "Sadly i've never been on the same mission as him." Kai mumbled and Lay raised his eyebrow.

"Never? You forgot our last mission?" Lay asked curiously. Kai furrowed his eyebrow.

"Huh?" He asked, confused with Lay's words. "OUR mission?" He asked again, afraid he heard it wrongly. Lay nodded.

"Yeah, you don't remember? Oh yeah, are you still in a relationship with that girl?" Lay asked again, making Kai even confused with all of Lay's questions. Kai shook his head slowly, no. "Well, that's weird. What had gotten into you, Kai?" Lay asked curiously. Suddenly, Lay stopped and scratch his head. "W-Well, i gotta go now, i need to go to the company. So, see you around?" Lay hit Kai's back slowly and Kai nodded slowly.

"Yeah. See you around, Lay." Kai smiled, weird smile. As Lay left them, Suho quickly turned around to face Kai.

"What girlfriend?" Asked Suho. Kai raised his shoulder, giving a sign that he doesn't even know what Lay was talking about.

"I don't even know. Why asking?" Kai asked back. Suho is just looking at him confusely. "Stop looking at me like that. I don't know, okay?" He sits down and take his tab, continue scanning on his tab's screen. Suho raised his shoulder and get back to his sit, and continue texting with Yejin. Suddenly, Kai gasped and something got into his mind.

"Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday my dear boy~ Happy birthday to you" A girl sang a song while clapping her hands soundlessly. He giggled and blow the candles. She cheered and start clapping her hands loudly. 

"You're noisy." He swipped some icing off onto his finger and dabbed it onto her nose. She moved back a little and pouts. She quickly swipped the icing and dabbed it onto his cheek. "Yah!" He shouted with a big smile plastered on his face.

"Pay back time." She giggled and smile widely in the end.

The girl's face is blurry, Kai cannot see the face clearly and he shut his eyes tightly, trying to remember her face.

"Any present for my birthday?" He asked, expecting a present. She shook her head quickly and he grumbled. She chuckled and took out a present from her bag.

"Ta-dah!" She exclaimed and he smiled. 

"What is it?" He asked, quickly unwrapping the present. "It's too small, i think?" He murmured.

"Hey, it's good that i bought a present for you." She hissed. He let out the unwrapped box and open it. His smile grew wider and he quickly look at her neck. He pull out something and it's a necklace. He smiled as he saw that she is wearing the same necklace as the one he's holding. "You like it?" She asked as she smiled beautifully towards him. He nodded and quickly put on the necklace. 

"Our first couple item, huh?" Kai asked and giggled, she then followed, giggling when suddenly he sealed her lips with his. Her eyes widened. He parted his lips and chuckled. "Thank you." He said as he rubbed her cheek with his thumb.

Kai open his eyes and furrowed his eyebrow.

"What is it again?" He asked himself.