16th Floor

Last Desire

"Agent Kai, you need to go to Eversence Company, who cooporate with Go Ji Sun's company. Pretend that you're someone who's going to enter the company. I'll send you clothes and everything that you need to apply to that company." Said the Captain. "But make sure you ask every information about the company, and about the connection between them and Go Ji Sun's company"

Kai nodded, "Copy that." He answered. "How about Suho hyung?" He asked.

"Him? He can go to Go Ji Sun's house again and approach his daughter to be detained." Said the Captain. "And yes you need a new car, Agent Kai"

Kai widened his eyes. "NEW CAR?" He shouted.

"Gees, calm down. Don't shout in front of the microphone." Said the Captain and Kai giggled soundlessly. "I've send the car to your house. Just wait for about 2 minutes and you'll get it. Is Agent Suho there with you?"

"Nope. He went to Go Ji Sun's house just now." Kai replied. Suddenly he heard someone rang the bell. "Well, i need to open the door. Will talk to you later, Sir" Said Kai.

"Okay. Maybe that's the car. Now go and kick some !" Said the Captain and he ends the call. Kai put off his earphone and went downstairs to open the door. When he opens the door, his eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

"Holy mama." Kai walk towards the car and giggled like an idiot. He opens the car's door and went inside. When he the engine, Kai keeps scanning the car and 'wow'-ed at everything he saw. He looked back and find some clothes, fake glasses, and some documents. He assumed those things are what he needs to apply to Eversence Company. Kai turned off the engine, took the stuffs, and went inside the house. He put on the clothes and the fake glasses, and then he pulls up his hair using mousse.

Kai went in front of the mirror to check out his appearance.

"Yuck." He said to himself, looking at the reflection in the mirror. "Freakin bookworm." He cursed. He shook his head and just forget about it. He took the documents and went back to the car. He starts the engine and drives away to Eversence Company.


"So, your name is Park Donghwan?" Asked one of the staffs from Eversence Company. Kai nodded, yes, it's his fake name.

"Yes, that's right." Kai smiled brightly, trying to disguised his personality too. It's really hard for Kai to smile when he doesn't even want to do it.

"So, let's begin the interview, shall we?" The manager asked and Kai nodded. "You were graduated from Seoul National University?"

"Yes. Well, i got scholarship from my school. You can look at my diploma there in the map." Kai smiled and point at the map which is on the manager's hand. The manager pull out the diploma, or should it called 'fake' diploma. The manager 'wow'-ed at the grades written on it. Kai his lips and raised his eyebrow. 

"Your grades are awesome. I have never seen someone as clever as you." The manager praised him and he rubbed the back of his neck, chuckled.

"Oh stop it, Sir. It's really not that good." Kai said shyly. Inside, he was dying to laugh out loud, why the that manager easily believe in those stupid grades. That's not even possible, he thought. "Oh, excuse me, Sir. May i ask something about this company?" Kai asked all of the sudden, breaking the awkard silence.

"Sure, what is it Donghwan?"

"So, i know this company is already evolved in some of the counties on the West part of this world. But may i know, which company in Korea that cooporate with this company?" He asked curiously, although he already know that the answer is Go Ji Sun's company.

"Well, there are so many companies in Korea that cooporate with this company." The manager answered.

"Uhm, the biggest one." Kai cut the manager's words and the manager nods.

"That would be Golden Glory Company. I suppose you've known Go Ji Sun?" The manager asked Kai. Kai shook his head, trying to make sure the manager that he didn't know about Go Ji Sun. "His company is highly advanced. Well, the owner, Go Ji Sun was working on an agent company as one of the spies, but then something went wrong so he went out of that company. He made his own company and he specialized in programming." Explained the manager. Well those are the basic informations, Kai mumbled soundlessly.

"Can i know more? What was his actual job in the company when he was being a spy?" Kai asked.

"As i remember, he was the one who helped hacking some systems which was contained some of the important information that company needed. Well, this is secret, but he used his ability to do wrong things. But oh well, it's nothing." Said the manager. Kai nodded as he alreeady know those information, he needs more, more information.

"Well, that's not really bad tho if now he's succesful." Kai grinned, a fake grin, making him wanted to punch his own face. The manager just nodded.

"Yeah, and by the way, we have some technical meeting with Go Ji Sun's company and we need one staff to come because i cannot come. I have to go to another technical meeting. So, because i think you're the most ambitious staff-wannabe, can you come to the technical meeting?" Asked the manager. Kai's eyes widened.

This is it, he thought.

"S-Seriously Sir? You trust me?" Kai asked. The manager nods and give Kai a small smile. "I-I will do my best!" Kai bowed as the manager gives Kai some documents he needs to bring to the technical meeting.

"If something goes wrong, i won't accept you as our company's staff, are we clear?" The manager threatened. "I trust you Donghwan."

"Thank you, Sir. So, when is the techninal meeting?" Kai asked, as he checked on his watch.

"Well, the meeting is at 3 PM, i think you have to go now. It's already 2 PM. Better if you arrive at the company faster than the others." Explained the manager to Kai. Kai nods and bowed 90o before he left Eversence Company. He went inisde his car and then he loosen his tie, removed his fake glasses, and groaned. He grabs his phone and dial The Captain's number and then he put on his wireless earphone. He turns on the engine and left the building.

"Yes Agent Kai?" Answered The Captain.

"I'm going to Go Ji Sun's company now. There's a technical meeting and the manager from Eversence Company trust me to  attend the meeting because he said i'm the most ambitious staff-wannabe." Kai chuckled as he fixed his eyes on the road.

"Wow, you're a good actor, Agent Kai" Praised The Captain. Kai raised his eyebrow.

"I know i am." He replied. "Well, what should i do next, Sir?" Kai asked as he turned the handlebar to the left.

"Just focus on what he will say. And don't forget, if you got time to ask him something, ask about his company, everything we need to know, got it?" The Captain said. Kai nodded.

"Okay, i got it, Sir." Kai nodded again. "Well, i gotta go now. I'll call you later after the meeting is over." He said.

"Okay, good luck, Agent Kai." Answered The Captain as he ends the call. Kai put off the earphone as he parked the car. He tightened his tie. He put on his fake glasses and grab the documents. Kai get off of his car and went inside the building.

"Excuse me, Eversence Compnay sent me here to attend the technical meeting. Can i know which floor will the meeting be held?" Kai asked the receptionist.

"Name, please?" Asked the receptionist.

"K- oh, Park Donghwan" Kai smiled.

"The meeting will be held at 18th floor." Explained the receptionist. "The elevator is right there." The receptionist pointed at the elevator and Kai nodded.

"Okay, thank you." Kai bowed and went towards the elevator. Kai clicked on the button to go up. When the elevator opened, he went inside. He opens the document and read some things he needs to pay attention to during the meeting. Suddenly, the elevator stops and it's still 16th floor. The elevator's door opened and Kai widened his eyes when he saw Go Ji Sun is the one who wants to go inside the elevator. Kai bowed 90o and smile. His heart beats faster when Go Ji Sun nodded and stands beside him. Kai's breath hitched when Go Ji Sun scanned him up and down. 

Kai thought, what the hell are you looking at old man?

"Young man." Called Go Ji Sun. Kai quickly turned his head to face Go Ji Sun.

"Yes, Sir? W-Well, i'm from Eversence Company, my name is Park Donghwan. I'm here to attend the technical meeting, Sir." Kai explained, even when Go Ji Sun didn't ask him anything.

"Not that. I mean, i think i've saw you before." Said Go Ji Sun to Kai.

Kai widened his eyes. What? Saw me before? Where?