Not More, Not Less

Last Desire

[Attention : Grey parts are memories and flashbacks]

 

"Jongin is that you?" Ye Jin asked softly, almost inaudible for him to hear.

"Jongin come here!"

Kai cannot stop his body from shaking. He shook his head furiously and he crumpled the fabric on his chest.

"No!" Kai screamed and he run towards the window on Ye Jin's room. He open it quickly when suddenly Suho breached into Ye Jin's room. Ye Jin gasped when she saw Suho at the opening of her room's door.

"Kai!" Suho exclaimed. Kai ignored Suho and he jumped from the window. Kai escaped quickly, he went inside his car and drives away.

Suho groans and his eyes met Ye Jin's eyes. Ye Jin is really confused. She pulled her blanket and looked at Suho. Suho sighs when he saw her eyes, her eyes are filled with confusion, fear, and doubt.

"O-Oppa" She called out. "Why-Why are you here?" She asked and Suho walk towards Ye Jin but she moved back, making Suho had to stop his steps.

"Ye Jin, where's your father?" Suho asked out of the blue.

"O-Office." She replied. "Why are you here? Who was- was that Jongin?"

Suho frowned a little. "You know him?" He asked confusely. Ye Jin's eyes widened and she removes her blanket.

"That's really Jongin?" She asked one more time while walking towards Suho. "He's alive? Oh my God, Oppa please tell me i'm not dreaming. He's still here?" She asked in disbelief with her teary eyes. Suho is staring at her confusely and he nodded. Ye Jin smiled widely with a tear fell from her eyes. She hugged Suho tightly and started crying.

"Ye-Ye Jin?" Suho asked confusely. 

"Thank God he's alive. Oh God." She said between her sobs.


Kai hit the brake and stopped his car. He went out of his car and slammed the door harshly. He messed his hair in frustation and lean his back to his car. He breathes heavily as memories started to come into his mind.

"Jongin, stop eating. You look ugly when you eat too much" Ye Jin flicks her fingers on Kai's forehead. Kai frowned and put down his spoon.

"Is that a compliment, Go Ye Jin?" He asked, annoyed. Ye Jin chuckled and nodded.

"It is, happy? Now stop eating before i stuffed your mouth with laxative" She said. Kai burst into laughter and Ye Jin frowned.

"What? I'm serious! Stop eating!" Ye Jin takes away his food but Kai has no intend to stop laughing. "I'm so mad at you Kim Jongin" She said. Kai wipes his teary eyes and tried so hard not to laugh again. Ye Jin is eyeing on him furiously. "What?"

"No, just- my girlfriend is too scary and cute at the same time" He giggles and Ye Jin tried so hard not to smile. He chuckled and pinch her cheek. "Don't hold back your smiles, just let it out" He said. Ye Jin smiled cutely and chuckled. Kai smiled as he ruffled her hair. "Now that's my girl" He said.

Kai shook his head, "No. No it can't be." He said in disbelief. Kai messed his hair again and he groans. "No, please, stop it" He told himself. But memories keep  on coming back, and there's nothing that he can do to stop it.

"You can't come over again this time?" Ye Jin asked thru her phone. Kai sighed and nodded.

"I'm sorry i- i have so many things to do today." He answered. "I miss you though"

"I miss you too. You're so busy nowadays" She said. "What have you been doing these days though?" She asked curiously. Kai sighed, he had to finish his mission, but he couldn't tell Ye Jin about that. "Jongin you're not cheating on me, right?"

"Ye Jin, i'm not doing anything bad, okay? I'm not cheating on you, i'm just-" Kai sighed again and he messed his hair. "Look, i'm just busy with my family stuffs. You don't need to worry about it, and believe me, i'll never ever cheat on you." He reassured her.

"I believe in you. I'm just.. lonely" She said. Kai nodded understandingly.

"I'm sorry." He apologize. "I'm going to finish it and i'll get back to you as soon as possible, okay?"

"Okay" She replied slowly.

"Alright, i gotta go." He said. "Sleep tight, Ye Jin. Bye." When Kai was about to hang up, Ye Jin stopped him.

"Jongin, wait." She said. Kai hummed. "I love you, stay safe." She said and Kai smiled lovingly.

"I love you too. Bye." He hung up the phone and put it inside his pocket.

"Girlfriend?" Lay, his partner in his current mission asked. Kai chuckled shyly and nodded. Lay whistled slowly. "Well well well, our little Kai is being overly romantic towards his girlfriend during a mission, how fantastic." He teased and Kai shoved his hand. "Now that's not nice." Lay rubbed his hand.

"Will you shut up?" Kai said.

Kai shouted in frustration and he palmed his face. He wanted to cry, shout, everything. His feelings are uncertain right now. The memories are keep coming back inside his brain, and he started to remember every little thing he had in the past. Now everything make sense, what Lay said when he met him a couple of weeks ago started to make sense. When Lay asked him whether he's still with his 'old girlfriend' or not, he was referring to Ye Jin. Suddenly, a memory that Kai didn't want to remember went inside his brain with full force. Kai groans and he shook his head furiously.

The building is on fire. Kai run towards a certain room and he found Ye Jin is standing there with fear dominating her. When she saw Kai, her eyes widened. "Jongin!" He run towards Kai and hug him tightly. Kai buried his face on the crook of her neck. Ye Jin sobbed.

"Jongin, why are you here? What happen to my dad's office? Why is it on fire?" Ye Jin asked between her sobs. Kai released himself and eyeing on Ye Jin. He touched her shoulder, her face, her hair, and back to her shoulder making sure that she's okay. He lift her chin to look at him in the eye.

"Are you okay? Anything hurt?" He asked worrily. Ye Jin blinked several times and nodded, tears keep on falling down from her eyes. Kai sighed in relieved but then he remembered something more important. He's eyeing on the building, the fire is beginning to enter the room where they are standing at the moment. He looked Ye Jin in the eye and gulped down.

"Ye Jin, are you Go Ji Sun's daughter?" He asked out of the blue. Ye Jin furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yes, how did you know about my father?" She asked confusely. Kai closed his eyes in disbelief while still holding on Ye Jin's shoulder. Ye Jin is searching on Kai's eyes confusely and she tried to lift Kai's face. He looked into her eyes, they are staring each other in pure sadness. How can he tell his girlfriend that he is a spy? How can he tell his girlfriend that he's on a mission to kill her father? Suddenly, someone breaks inside the room and both of them turned their heads towards that person.

It's Go Ji Sun. When Go Ji Sun saw Kai, he pointed his gun towards him. Kai, who was back facing Go Ji Sun, turned around and hid Ye Jin behind him, more like protecting her. They are standing in the corner of a room and the room is on fire now.

"Stay away from my daugther, you filthy spy! How dare you to sneak into my office and burn it down like this!" Go Ji Sun taunted and Kai gulped down. Ye Jin stares both of her father and Kai in confusion.

"A-A spy?" Ye Jin asked quietly. Kai turned his head to Ye Jin and smile sadly. Ye Jin furrowed her eyebrows and gulped down. She turned her face towards her father, who is still pointing his gun towards her direction, towards Kai. Ye Jin steps aside. "Dad! He's my-"

Kai took her hand to stop her. Ye Jin turned her head to look at Kai confusely. Just by holding her hand, he knows that Ye Jin is nervous. Her hand is shaking lightly and he tightened his grip while maintaining an eye contact with her, reassuring her that everything is going to be alright. A tear fell from Ye Jin's eyes and Kai shook his head, telling her not to cry.

'BANG!' a loud noise of a gun being fired. The bullet went into his head and he trembled down. His breath hitched as he saw Ye Jin widened her eyes in disbelief. "Jongin!!" She screamed. His body hits the ground rigidly and he gasped when his head rammed into the ground harshly. "No!!" Ye Jin tried to catch his body but her hands are too weak. "No! No! Stay with me!" She knelt beside his body with tears started falling out of her eyes. He tried to breathe, but it feels like his body can't even do anything. He saw Ye Jin loudly and he was about to wipe those tears away. But no, he can't even move. He mouthed 'don't cry' and Ye Jin shook her head.

Go Ji Sun came from behind and pull her harshly. "We have to go!" He forced.

"No! Dad i'm not leaving him!" She yelled and hold Kai's hand tightly. 

"You leave me with no choice, Ye Jin!" He said and he pull her with more force and she shrieked. She wriggled her hands brutally, trying to get out of her dad's grip. He closed his eyes for a second and tried to breathe, but he just can't.

"No! No! Jongin! Jongin wake up! No!" She cried out. Kai coughed once and he tried to call out Ye Jin's name. But there's no sound coming out of his mouth. In a blink of an eye, Ye Jin is out of his view, but he could still hear Ye Jin screaming his name from afar. The rubbles of the building starts to fall and hit the ground with a loud crash sound. 

'Is it the end already?' He asked himself as he closed his eyes, a tear slipped out of his eyes.


Everything is black. Kai could hear a few people talking inside the room. He tried to open his eyes, but it feels like his eyelids are too heavy.

"Is he awake?" Kai could hear someone asking a question. Kai open his eyes slowly and a ray of light hits his eyes. He groaned. When he was about to close his eyes again, he saw someone is above him. He tried to focus his eyes on that person.

"Can you see me?" Ask that person. Kai blinked his eyes several times and he moaned. "I'll ask you one more time, can you see me?" Ask that person one more time.

"Yes." Kai answered shortly. He look to his left and right, he could see a few people are eyeing on him. He groaned and tried to sat up. "Where am i?" He asked. Then he looked into the person who's standing in front of him. "Who are you? And- Who am i?"

That person hold Kai's shoulder. "Call me Captain. Your name is Kim Jongin. You are Agent Kai. And you're a spy. Not more, not less"