I Got It

Go Away...Wait Comeback!

 

Hyukjae's POV
 
It was her. It was her. It was her. It was her. It was her. It was really --
 
"Hyukjae, are you okay?" Sungmin's voice interrupted my repetitive thoughts. 
 
"I'm fine. Do you know who that was?" I asked curious.
 
"Who, the girl that slapped the heck out of you?" Sungmin snickered. It faded when I glared at him.
 
"Yeah her." I rolled my eyes, "She's Kim Hyoyeon, the girl I told you about from middle school."
 
"Ohh." Sungmin said like he knew the whole story. "That's why she seemed like she wanted to rip your head off." 
 
"What do you mean?" I asked confused.
 
"Well, knowing the things you've said to her, and the things you've done to her, I can understand why she's so mad to see you. Although she was a little bit irrational about throwing that magazine, it's understandable."
 
Sungmin looked at me to see if I was listening. When he saw my unchanging confused expression he continued. 
 
"You told me that you constantly bullied her, right?" I nodded slowly, "Well then it wasn't like you just called her one name, it was many names added by how badly you treated her. Which means it's perfectly normal for her to still be mad after all these years. It's a pretty long grudge that some people may have forgotten, but by the way you described her, she doesn't seem like the type to forgive easily."
 
I started to understand what he meant. I also started to understand why Hyoyeon was still mad at me after such a long time.
 
"Also, maybe she was going through a really hard time, you never know. If I was constantly bullied like that, especially while having a hard time,I would hold a grudge for 10 years, I'd probably keep a grudge for 10 more, and she probably did."
 
Guilt fell over me. It was true that I didn't know anything about Hyoyeon's life, maybe Sungmin was right... he is right.
 
"Oh no. I need to talk to Hyoyeon and apologize don't I?" A twist in my stomach had began as I realized how insensitive and dumb I had been in middle school. There wasn't an answer, I think he knew that I should've figured that out myself. I already knew the answer.
 
"But how?" I asked. "If she even sees a glimpse of my face then she immediately goes into some kind of predator mode."
 

"I have that figured out." Sungmin answered. "Sunny and I have a date and we thought it would be perfect for you guys to come and make it a double date."

 
My eyes widened, "Really? Hyoyeon agreed to this?" 
 
"No, but Sunny said she would figure something out." 
 
"Really?" Saying in disbelief once again. "Thanks hyung!"
 
"No problem, so what are you planning to do to make Hyoyeon-ssi hate you less?"
 
"I got a few ideas." I smiled. 
 
Sungmin sighed, "Hyukjae, don't screw this all over okay?" 
 
"I got it. Don't worry." I flashed another smile. This is going to be interesting.