Only Us

Go Away...Wait Comeback!

Hyoyeon’s POV


 

            I felt a cold draft on my arm and reached for the blanket to pull it onto myself. With my hand extended, I drowsily and blindly reached for it. After patting a couple spots of empty sheets, I abruptly sat up since it was too cold and my entire arm was covered in goose bumps.

            “Come back to sleep.” Hyukjae whined with a large amount of sleep in his voice.

            “Where’s the blanket? It’s cold.” I replied. My lovely voice box decided to throw in a voice crack as well.

            “Just c’mere and we can cuddle for warmth.” My husband sat up as well and then put his hands on my shoulders. We slowly leaned back until our backs hit the soft mattress.

            He positioned himself a little higher on the bed so that my head would be in the crook of his neck. This gave me access to his well-built torso and so I wrapped my arms around his waist and made myself at home. Hyukjae snuggled right back and I found that I didn’t really need a blanket.

            We both stayed like that for a while. It was really nice to say the least. I wondered if his heart was beating as fast as mine. To think that I’d still get that feeling was amazing. Even now, I’m really thankful for my loving husband and that he was satisfied with just cuddling for now. He’s just the most car-

            “ROOM SERVICE!” My thoughts were interrupted.

            “Who’s that?” Hyukjae mumbled.

            “Room...service…” I slowly said. If anything, no one was going to get up other than me.

            “ROOM SERVICE.” A knock came at the door.

            “Coming...” I lazily answered.

            When I got to the door, I had opened it and had expected a waiter with a small box or plate of food. But this guy had a suit on and had a whole cart of things with a fancy white tablecloth along with shining silverware.

            “Uh, we didn’t order any of this.” my words were slow and long. It was a lot of food for just two people, even if we both eat like starving pigs.

            “This was ordered by someone else and to be sent to this room.” The waiter curtly replied. By now, Hyukjae was up and had stretched a bit. He walked over and I gave him a weird look.

            “Who is this from?” he asked skeptically.

            “It’s from our lifeguard, Gikwang.” The man said. I looked to my husband and realized that he was about to burst into flames.

            “Thank you for the food.” We said to the man, he bowed and we both did the same before he left.

            After I locked the door, Hyukjae sent me an angry look that softened immediately.

            “Really? I mean, really? What is up with this guy?” He was venting and I wanted to comfort him but I really didn’t see anything wrong with it. Gikwang was just being nice, that’s all.

            “What’s wrong? Gikwang is just friendly and we have a free breakfast, let’s just eat it.” It was some good looking food and my mouth watered just by looking at it.

            “No! Who knows what he could’ve put in there?” he retaliated.

            “Like what?”

            “...a love potion,” Hyukjae mumbled.

            My scoff was the only thing that came out of my mouth. I picked up a plate of eggs and bacon and chewed it in front of him.

            “It’s not bad.” I reassured and washed it all down with a glass of orange juice.

            “Yes it is. It’s gonna make you fall for that ugly sack of a flirt.”

            “He’s not that bad. Just eat the food!” I shoved the plate in his face.

            “Fine! But only because if you’re going to fall for him then you might as well take me with you.” And with that, I managed to get Hyukjae to eat breakfast.

            More or less, we made it through the first meal of the day and it was about 10 o’clock.

            “What’re we doing today?” I asked. The swimming pool situation wasn’t all that great so we definitely weren’t going there today.

            “I’ve got everything all planned out, babe. The only thing I need from you is to get ready for a day with your husband,” Hyukjae proudly said with a cheeky grin on his face.

            “Alright. I’ll take a shower and get ready. Do I need to bring anything?” I grabbed a towel and had my hand on the doorknob to the bathroom.

            “A bathing suit, a towel, and some sunblock is all.” That was a bit weird considering we already went swimming the day before. In fact, I spent most of my shower wondering if he was planning some sort of revenge on the lifeguard or something. Hopefully that wasn’t what was going on in his mind. I wanted to have a nice, relaxing day; not a chaotic, upset one.

            It didn’t take long for the preparations so we left in a taxi for wherever on Earth he was taking me. The nice taxi driver dropped us off at a boat dock and confusion took over me. Hyukjae thanked the driver and paid him, he then lead me to a mini boat where two guys were waiting.

            I turned to my husband. “Are we going somewhere?”

            “Yep, but I can’t tell you where it is. You’ll just have to find out when we get there.” He playfully smirked which caused me to roll my eyes.

            Hyukjae escorted me inside the boat and seated me next to him, he then motioned for the guys to start driving to our destination.

            My hand was in Hyukjae’s possession as we looked at the clear blue water that was slightly splashing our faces. The men told us that we would be arriving soon, our destination started to become visible shortly after. It was a mini island which seemed to be unoccupied.

            The boat was parked near the island; Hyukjae helped me out and carried me to the sand. I looked to the boat and noticed that it started to leave.

            “Hyukjae, they’re leaving us!”

            He snickered. “It’s fine, they’re coming back in a few hours.

            I looked at my husband. “What’s going on Lee Hyukjae?”

            “It’s just us.” He said. “Well at least for the next 3 hours, this island is ours.”

            “You rented this island?” I asked in confusion.

            “Yep.”`

            “Why?”

            He shrugged. “It just seemed like we weren’t spending the kind of quality time we’re supposed to have during a honeymoon, and I just really wanted you all to myself. No interruptions, no accidents, no jealousy, and no Gikwang.” He had mumbled the last part which caused me to giggle.

            “Just us?”

            “Only us.” 

            Hyukjae pulled me in for a hug, I buried my head in his chest and squeezed him tightly. It was these sweet moments that reminded me why I was in love with Lee Hyukjae. 

            He took my hand in his and lead me for a walk around the beach. The island was pretty small, we walked around the whole area in a short amount of time. There was a hut placed on the beach that seemed to be completed with a TV, a couch, a fridge, a mini kitchen, and even a bed.

            Hyukjae had been right about the island only having us two. There was no one visible for the whole entire walk, it seemed like it was just us two in the big world.

            After the walk, we went into the hut to have lunch. There seemed to be an already prepared meal when we arrived, everything was really well thought out. 

            We decided that it would be fun to swim for a little while after our meal. As soon as I was done eating, I grabbed the bag with the things Hyukjae had told me to bring and changed into my swimsuit. After my sunscreen had been slathered on, I quickly took my husband’s hand and dragged him out the hut and towards the water.

            Once I was near enough to feel the cold water, Hyukjae was the one that ended up dragging me in. He resorted to picking me up and dropping me into the freezing cold ocean.

            “Lee Hyukjae!” I yelled before splashing water in his direction.

            My eyes were shut tight but I opened them to take a peek at what Hyukjae was doing, I saw that he started walking towards me with a mischievous grin. I tried to run away but the water was up to my waist which made even walking difficult. My body was soon caught by Hyukjae’s buff arms which picked me up from the water bridal style and kissed my nose.

            A cold breeze blew at our direction and I felt my toes curl up. “Let go.” I said sticking my tongue out.

            “Okay, on one condition.” A playful tone was clearly heard.

            “What’s that?” My body shivered.

            “You’ll be mine forever.”

            “That’s not a condition I’m willing to agree with.” I said. “That’s a promise I’m willing to state.”

            We simultaneously leaned in for a kiss that warmed my body right up. Hyukjae then carried me back to the sand and wrapped me in a warm towel. I headed to the hut to change into some dry clothes while Hyukjae waited out on the beach. When I arrived back, I noticed that Hyukjae kept looking at his watch with a worried expression.

            “Is something wrong babe?” I asked as I grabbed his hand.

            “It’s getting late, we should’ve gotten picked up a while ago.”

            I rubbed his arm. “It’s okay, they’re probably just running a little late.” It was starting to get dark but I didn’t care because that meant that I could enjoy watching a beautiful sunset with my sweet husband by my side.

            We sat down on the sand and faced the direction of where the sun was disappearing into the ocean. The sun formed into an orange orb that turned the whole sky a light orangey pink. I enjoyed the scene as I leaned back on Hyukjae’s chest and let his arms wrap around me. He took my hand and started to trace lines on my palm; he then held it up and looked at our wedding ring.

            “I love seeing this ring on your finger.” Hyukjae said as he fiddled with my ring.

            “Why?” I asked as I looked at our hands.

            “It reminds me that you’re mine, it reminds me that you’ll always be mine. Seeing this ring on your finger is like seeing my name on one of my things, it’s mine, the only difference is that you’re worth more than anything I own.”

            I turned my body around to look at his flawless face and stare at his clear eyes, a kiss was shortly added.

            Hyukjae was the first to pull away, he looked at his watch and then looked around. It seemed like he was looking for something, something that was getting him worried.

            “What’s wrong babe?”

            “We were supposed to be picked up before sunset, now the sun is gone and we’re still here.”

            “I bet we’re gonna be fine. If we don’t get picked up today then why don’t we just spend the night here. We can sleep in the hut and just wait till morning.”

            Hyukjae looked at me with a worried expression but he didn’t really have a choice. If we really were supposed to get picked up a while ago, then what else can we do but wait.

            “Alright.” He finally agreed. “Let’s go in the hut since it’s already too dark.”

            We both got up and headed towards the hut. It’s been a few hours since lunch and our stomachs were practically roaring. We looked in the refrigerator and found two separate packages of ham and cheese.

            “Are you up for a gourmet ham and cheese sandwich?” Hyukjae asked which made me giggle.

            After constructing our sandwiches, we brought our meal to the couch in front of the television. Realizing that there was no satellite, we decided to pop in a random movie into the DVD player, it happened to be a romantic comedy which seemed to be perfect.

            All of our focus was evenly distributed to the movie and the food in front of us. I almost forgot that my husband was sitting next to me, until a certain scene of the movie decided to show.

            The movie had been really decent for the most part, the two main characters were just having a normal conversation, until they started to get a little touchy. The woman’s hand just happened to be caressing the man’s face then suddenly, the two characters were already in bed behaving like wild animals.

            I almost choked on my sandwich. The atmosphere suddenly got too awkward to the point where I couldn’t even move my hands, well at least for me. I heard a snicker coming from Hyukjae, when I turned to him, he was trying his hardest not to laugh at me.

            “Something wrong, babe?” He asked trying to hold his laughter. My only response was an annoyed eye roll.

            I grabbed the remote and turned off the TV.

            “Let’s go to sleep.” I quickly stated.

            We cleaned our dishes and shortly crawled into bed. As usual, we got into our normal position, parallel to each other while we were holding hands under the covers.

            Sleep didn’t seem to be coming to us anytime soon, the dark room was filled with simple conversation. We seemed to talk about everything, from past to future.

            “You were the popular girl and I really liked you but I thought that you could never feel the same way.” Hyukjae replied to my question.

            I giggled. “So that’s why you hated me so much in middle school?”

            “I never hated you. I just hated the fact that I couldn’t have you, or so I thought.” He smiled.

            A short grin appeared on my face.

            “Can I ask you another question?” I softly asked. 

            “Sure babe.”

            “How long are you willing to wait… for…”

            Hyukjae laughed. “I thought I already answered this.”

            “Well, you didn’t answer it specifically.”

            Hyukjae pulled our bodies closer together and put his arm around me.

            “Baby, the most specific I can get is waiting until you’re ready, no matter how long that is.” He said.

            I gave a frustrated sigh. “What if that time never comes?”

            He kissed my forehead. “I don’t see anything wrong with that.”

            “What do you mean?” My frustration caused my question to be a little louder than needed. “Wouldn’t you eventually get too tired of waiting?”

            “No, I wouldn’t.” Hyukjae answered back.  “Hyoyeon, that doesn’t matter to me. It would make our relationship stronger but our relationship is fine the way it is. If you can never bring yourself to do that then that’s completely okay. If you’re happy, I’m happy. If you’re sad, then I’m sad. When you’re ready, I’m ready.”

            Hyukjae’s grip around me tightened. These times make me question if I’m even worthy of having Hyukjae in my life. What have I ever done to receive such an amazing person like him to spend my life with.

            I sat up and looked at Hyukjae lying down.

            “What’s wrong?” He asked.

            I bent down to Hyukjae’s level and gave him a kiss which started to be longer than intended. My hand rested on his chest and started to go down to his toned abs. He flinched and caught my hand before it could go any lower, our eyes met.

            “Please go easy.” I meekly requested.

 

Author’s POV

            All was given was a smile before Hyukjae turned their position over and got on top of Hyoyeon. He started to take off Hyoyeon’s shirt in a gentle manner, making sure that she was comfortable the whole time.

            Hyukjae started a sensation of kisses on Hyoyeon’s neck, he trailed his kiss to her chest and down to her stomach. Making sure that he didn’t miss a spot, he picked up Hyoyeon’s arm and started trailing butterfly kisses down to her hand as well. Hyukjae was just about to take off Hyoyeon’s pants before he looked at Hyoyeon and saw a tear run down her face.

            After the sight, he got off her and sat up next to her. 

            “Did I do something wrong?” Hyukjae worriedly asked.

            Hyoyeon sat up as well and caressed Hyukjae’s face. “I’m sorry, you didn’t do anything wrong. I was just crying because of the happy thought of getting to experience special moments like this with you, especially in the future.”

            After relief struck Hyukjae, he gained his confidence once again. He returned to his position and continued his actions.

            The room that night was filled with what everyone wants in their life. No sign of negativity was present and the couple made sure of it. All that was there was happiness, peacefulness, love, and most of all… trust.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N- Hey you guys! First of all, I wanna start off by saying sorry for not updating in over 2 months. The reason for that is because I've had a frustrating situation with Eunhaeshipper15. I had already typed up this chapter and sent the story over to her to complete and revise. She's had the chapter for 6 weeks without adding to it, but she is busy at times and I understand that things do pop up. Eunhaeshipper15 hasn't been contributing much to the story so I decided to just not let her be the co-author, she agreed with me also. I think that this will be good to Eunhaeshipper15, myself, and the story and I hope you guys do too. So from now on, I'm going to be the only author of this story so I hope you guys will be okay with that. Thank you! Remember to subscribe and comment your thoughts :)