Part of the Problem

Go Away...Wait Comeback!
Hyukjae's POV
 
I was at the dance studio practicing a few dance routines when I heard my phone ring. I turned off the music and answered my phone. It was an unknown number.
 
"Hello?" I answered
 
"It's me Sunny. I need you. She needs you." I could barely hear Sunny over the loud music that was coming from her background. Her voice sounded strained and she was practically yelling.
 
"Who needs me?"
 
"Hyoyeon." 
 
Sunny explained to me where she was and told me to come as fast as I could. I hung up the phone and picked up my dance bag. I ran out the building, trying to pay mind to others but it was rather difficult with Hyoyeon being the main focus on my mind. Sunny had sent me an adress and I directly took a route to the destination.
 
I arrived at a club. I entered and tried to look for either of the girls. My eyes lead me to the bar where I found Hyoyeon dancing and Sunny sitting down next to her, watching bitterly.
 
 I walked over to them and greeted Sunny. Her attire wasn't quite as outgoing as Hyoyeon's so I assumed that she really didn't want to be there. She got up and thanked me.
 
"Hyukjae. Thank you for coming. I didn't know who else to call. Sungmin is at work and he gave me your number." Sunny screamed over the booming dubstep.
 
"It's okay I wasn't busy. What are you guys doing here?"
 
"Hyoyeon wanted to come out. I couldn't disagree with her. She going through a  tough time." Sunny ended the sentence with a tired sigh. 
 
I was confused as to what she was going through, but decided not to question it. I looked at Hyoyeon, she looked like she was in her own world, dancing to the music not caring about anybody. Her outfit was something I never thought she would wear in a lifetime. Her make-up was too dark for her. I could barely recognize her.
 
I looked back at Sunny. "I think I can take care of her for the rest of the night. You can go home, I'll guard her."
 
Sunny looked reluctant and gave me pleading eyes. "Okay, I'm trusting you Hyukjae. Please take good care of her."
 
With a nod,  Sunny walked towards the exit and left. When I turned back to Hyoyeon, she wasn't there. What the heck? I already lost her. My eyes roamed through the club and I found her on the dance floor. I let out a relieved sigh and sat down. I monitored Hyoyeon, making sure she was okay. I wonder why she was acting like this. She seemed fine while we were on our date. Despite her yells towards me in the beginning, everything seemed fine.
 
I was looking at Hyoyeon while she was losing herself in the beat.  It looked like she was having the time of her life. I noticed that she was getting a few guys' attention. It seemed okay, until one guy decided to dance with her. A bit too close to her. Hyoyeon, however, didn't refuse. I looked as they were dancing. I clenched my fists. The guy was completely taking advantage of Hyoyeon. I tried to let it go but when the guy's hands started to roam Hyoyeon's body, that's when I took action.
 
I walked over towards the two and pulled Hyoyeon away. The guy was startled and he seemed like he was going to pull her back, but I shot him a glare strong enough to make  him step back.
 
I lead Hyoyeon out of the club, it was a miracle how I did that considering she was struggling and pushing me away at the same time. I was pulling her towards my car, that's when she started punching me. Her punches were barely doing any damage since she was drunk.
 
"Hyoyeon! Stop, I'm taking you home. I don't know what you're going through but you shouldn't be doing this!" I yelled her. She became strong enough to escape my hold.
 
"Exactly! You DON'T know what I'm going through! You're part of the reason why I'm going through this!" She walked to the curb and sat down. My eyes widened and I expected more yelling, but it seemed as if she had nothing else to say to me.
 
All I could do was look at her. What does she mean it's my fault? I walked towards her with uneasy steps. I took off my jacket and put it on her. She pushed it off but I put it on her again. This time she didn't refuse . It wasn't until she was sniffling that I noticed that she was crying.
 
"I hate you." She mumbled. Her face was turned away from me.
 
My eyes widened but I kept myself calm. "I would too."
 
"Can you tell me what you meant? When you said that it's partly my fault." I asked her as gently as I could. There was no need to push it, especially since I didn't know anything.
 
She fixed her position. "I'm adopted." Hyoyeon said facing straight the whole time.
 
I kept my mouth shut. Only listening to the words she was willing to tell me.
 
"I found out I was adopted when I was 13. I  made a decision that when I grew up, I would look for my mom. That's why Sunny and I moved to Korea. When I found out I was adopted, that was around the same time you were bullying me." She paused and gave me a look.
 
I cursed at myself  but said nothing back. I gave her an apologetic look and she continued.
 
"Do you know how it feels to know that your own mother gave you away? I felt so useless. I started to question myself. Was I not good enough? Was I really that unwanted? All these questions came across my mind. I was so uncertain, but when you bullied me at school. You answered my questions for me. The things you said made me so sure that I am useless, I am unwanted, no matter how hard I try I'll never be good enough." She paused again. The tears kept coming down in streams, but it looked like she didn't even have the power to sniffle. It was heartbreaking to see her so lifeless.
 
"Hyo, Im sor-"
 
"Today I found out that my biological mom died." The solid statement rang through my ears.
 
I felt like I got punched in the stomach. I realized how much of a bad person I was. I didn't know what to do. I felt like I couldn't say sorry because it wouldn't be good enough.
 
Hyoyeon continued. "Now I'll never know why she gave me away. What her reason was. I'll continue living my life knowing that I'm useless."
 
I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't listen to Hyoyeon say things about herself that were so untrue. I gathered Hyoyeon in my arms and gave her a tight hug. She struggled once again but she was so tired that she just gave up.
 
"Hyoyeon. I'm sorry." That was all I could say.
 
I helped her up. When she was standing her legs wobbled. She then fainted on me. I carried her to my car and drove her to my house, since it wasn't far away.
 
I carried her inside and put her on my bed in my room. I tucked her in the covers and made sure she was comfortable. I sat on the bed next to her and looked over her face. I wiped her left over tears away from her eyes.
 
"I'm sorry Hyoyeon." I whispered. "I know saying that is useless but I can't turn back time. Hyoyeon, from now on, I'll protect you. I'll make sure you won't  have anymore hard times because of anyone, especially because of me." I kissed her forehead. I exited the room after turning off the lights.