To Tell Or Not To Tell

Go Away...Wait Comeback!
Sunny's POV
 
Sungmin and I were the first to arrive at the restaurant. We decided to wait for Hyoyeon and Hyukjae but they never came. I started to worry about Hyoyeon but Sungmin persuaded me that there was nothing to worry about.
 
Sungmin and I ended up talking about everything. The most random things and a few personal things. He told me that Hyukjae and him met during college in the states. They decided to pursue their careers here in Korea together. The two have been best friends ever since.It was my turn to tell him about Hyoyeon and I. He found it very sweet that we have been best friends since middle school. He asked why she and I moved to from Las Vegas but I told him that it wasn't my question to answer. I did feel a bit remorse, but it was reasonable from my position since it was Hyoyeon's choice to tell.
 
Sungmin and I must've been on that date for about 3 hours. It felt like 3 minutes. I wish it lasted 3 days.
 
Sungmin escorted me to his car and drove me home. When we arrived at Hyoyeon and I's apartment he walked me to the door.
 
"I had a lot of fun with you Soonkyu." Sungmin said to me. I blushed. I liked it when he said my name.
 
"Me too. I mean I had a lot of fun with you too." I smiled awkwardly. "Thank you for to-"
 
I couldn't finish my sentence as Sungmin's lips were already in contact with mine. He pulled away and gave me a sweet smile. I smiled back.
 
"I hope we can meet up again soon." Sungmin said.
 
"Me too." I opened the door but before I entered I gave him a quick hug. "Bye."
 
I entered the apartment and closed the door behind me. I leaned my back against the door and thought about the kiss. He kissed me! I was filled with so much joy until I suddenly remembered something. My best friend which I haven't seen since the beginning of the date.
 
I made my way to Hyoyeon's room and found her on her bed with her laptop.
 
"Hyoyeon!"
 
Hyoeyeon's POV
 
I was surfing the internet of korean words I could use on Hyukjae to while I heard the front door open and close shortly after. I figured it was Sunny. I then started to hear footsteps towards my room. Sunny came into my room and yelled my name. I flinched from her loud voice.
 
"What?" I asked cluelessly.
 
"Where were you? You and Hyukjae never came to the restaurant! Do you know how worried I was?"
 
"I'm guessing not that much since you had Sungmin with you." I snickered.
 
Sunny walked to my bed then slapped my arm. She then sat down next to me.
 
"I'm serious. I was worried that Hyukjae might have said somethings that hurt you, just like before." She said.
 
I smiled at her. "I'm fine Sunny. If anything I was the one who gave Hyukjae a hard time."
 
She gave me a relieved look.
 
"Hyukjae seems to have matured over the years. He actually seems like a decent person." I added.
 
"So did you guys make up? Does that mean you forgive him?"
 
I thought about it. "I guess him and I are friends now, but I still remember the past. I haven't forgave him fully but my heart isn't filled with hatred towards him anymore. I guess all that's left now is time, time for me to fully get over the past." I smiled at Sunny and she smiled back.
 
"Sungmin seems like a really nice guy." I said to Sunny who was smiling at the thought of him.
 
Sunny looked up and smiled like a 12 year old who just met her first love. "He really is Hyo."
 
She talked about the date with Sungmin not leaving out any single detail. All I could do was listen and giggle at the story. After she was done with the story we talked about how my 'date' was. Sunny laughed as much as I did.
 
We spent the rest of the day watching korean dramas. Of course I couldn't understand anything the characters were saying but Sunny did her best to summarize the story. I also learned a few korean words and phrases so I enjoyed it. Dinner was just some quickly made ramen, since the guy character in the drama had just realized his feelings for the nice girl. We couldn't miss that now could we. That, and he was as hot as the broth in the bowls we were slurping out of.
 
It started to get late so we got ready for bed. I laid in my bed while thinking about so many things. I started thinking about Hyukjae's new self, then I started to think about how Korea was. It seemed nice and quaint compared to the busy streets of my hometown.
 
My mind walked a path of it's own. Aimlessly in all aspects. Reflecting upon small events on the day, what I had for breakfast (which, mind you, took quite a bit of time), and just small petty things. That was when I remembered something  that Sunny had said to dinner.
 
"Sungmin asked me something during the date." Her voice was quite and timid, so I knew it was a sensitive topic.
 
"What is it?" I watched as she poked at her ramen and blew.
 
"...Why we moved to Korea," she replied.
 
"What'd you tell him?" I sounded more curious and nonchalant then intimidating. Never would I want to make scare Sunny and Sunny keep secrets from someone close to her. It was just that the circumstances were a bit altered for the situation.
 
"It wasn't my question to answer,"this time her eyes were glued to the screen of the TV.
 
"Don't worry, Soonkyu. I'll tell him when he earns my trust. For now, I wanna say that I'm sorry that you can't tell Sungmin," I said as I patted her back apologetically. And that was when we came up with the idea to have Sungmin help us with the search. 
 
Sunny seemed to think about the problem as well but then suddenly snapped up. "Hyoyeon! I just remembered. Sungmin told me that he was a detective! Maybe we should ask for his help."
 
Sungmin's a detective? That's really strange. He doesn't look like a detective at all, but I guess he would be a big help. I looked at Sunny.
 
"It would be great if Sungmin helped us but, Sunny. Sungmin is Hyukjae's friend. I don't want Hyukjae to find out about this at all."
 
"I'll just ask him to keep it a secret from him. It'll be okay Hyo." Sunny looked at me waiting for my answer.
 
"Okay."
 
Sunny smiled again.
 
She took her phone out and texted Sungmin. It took a short amount of time for him to answer. He replied saying that he would be glad to help us, since he didn't have an important case to work on.
 
Naturally, I started to think about my mom again. My biological mom. I started to think about the reasons why she would've given me up. The reasons why she didn't want her own daughter. The reasons that caused her to make the decision to never see her own child again. What did I ever do? Did she really just not want me or am I just over thinking things? Was I too useless or am I just overlooking something? If I do find her, would she want me back or not? There must've been a reason for her to just forget me, what if that reason still remained and she becomes angry at me for trying to find her?
 
I didn't even notice that my tears were flowing until I felt the patch of wetness of my pillow. I once again cried myself to sleep, a bit harder than usual. Which left the new questions I created unanswered, adding to the rest of the questions I've created over the years.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N- Hey Marsmikay here! I hope you enjoyed a little look into Hyoyeon's feelings. Please comment your opinions so eunhaeshipper15 and I know what you guys think of the story. Gomawoyo <3