Finally

Go Away...Wait Comeback!

 

     When the plane landed Sunny and I looked outside the window and saw Seoul,Korea with our very own eyes. I took my first step on Korean ground and thought to myself. "We finally made it, we're finally here."
 
     I turned to look at Sunny I saw her eyes twinkle.
 
     "Sunny, are you crying?" I ask her gently. 
 
     "No!" She replied while hastily wiping her eyes.
 
     I giggled and simply patted her back. We dragged our luggage out of the airport and grabbed a taxi. I watched as the images of Korea's amazing landscape passed. Tall buildings passed and I looked down on a river as we drove across a bridge. The ride was a bit long, but I enjoyed every second of it.
 
     Once we arrived, I paid the driver and stepped in front of our new apartment. Back in America I had rented an apartment that both Sunny and I agreed on. I entered the pin code on the key pad of the door and stepped inside. The bright white walls were barren and the glossy wooden floor was too.
 
     There were 5 rooms: a kitchen, a living room, a bathroom, and Sunny and I's bedrooms. Sunny rushed past me and squealed. It was a lot bigger and better than I expected it to be. We both took a tour around the house, complimenting it and making note of things to fix. After that we went into our rooms of which we picked back in America. 
 
     My own room was medium sized with one walk-in closet. I sighed  as I began to unpack my items. Sunny randomly came in and bothered me, so that we could go shopping for furniture. The house we bought didn't have many necessities, and for that reason it was super affordable. 
 
     Once I had finally finished, Sunny dragged me outside, excitedly saying something about it being a good time to explore the neighborhood. Around a corner we found a furniture store. I stepped inside and went straight towards the beds. We can live without tables and lamps for now, but I refuse to sleep on the ground. Not that it's gross, I just don't like the feeling. There a bajillion bugs that could just happen to stroll by and creep around in my sheets and I am NOT letting that happen.
 
     "OOOOH ! Sunny look at this one." I said pulling my friend towards a twin sized bed with green woven sheets and matching pillows, which luckily was on sale.
 
     "Wow! Its really pretty. You should get it Hyo, it'd suit your room," Sunny said encouragingly.
 
     "I think I will," I replied. Sunny soon found her dream bed, a depp red color scheme with big fluffy pillows. Childish maybe, but Sunny is Sunny. Afterwards, we shopped for more furniture; couches, tables, chairs, and other things. The 2 hour shopping trip was long, but it was worth it as we drove back to our apartment in the company's truck which was filled with new furniture. 
 
     With the help of the men from the furniture company, all of us were able to get all the rooms in the house situated. Everything fit, nice and snug as I imagined it to be. I tipped the workers and let them out the door. Sunny and I both stood back and admired the results of our hard work. The living room was decorated with comfy couches, a glass coffee table and a rectangular rug in the middle. On one wall were pictures of family and friends. The other was covered in some pretty art work that we found at the store for cheap.
 
     My bedroom was green themed since it was my  favorite color. My bed, lamp, and curtains were all green in contrast to my cream walls and dark mahogany floor. Sunny's room was also themed with red and was quite different from mine. Her bed was above her desk and it had a ladder to connect the two. Various stuffed animals laid about the room. She had drawers in the corner with her lamp on it. Multiple posters of her favorite singers covered much of the wall.
 
     When Sunny and I finished decorating our rooms it was about 10:30 at night and I was exhausted. I went into the living room to lie down. A few seconds later Sunny rushed in and started yelling. "Hyo! What are you doing? We have to go to the mall!" Sunny nagged. 
 
     "What?! You're kidding me right? It's too late for that!"
 
     "We have to get more clothes," she said while she tugged on my sleeve.
 
     "You mean you have to get more clothes," I retorted.
 
     "C'mon Hyo! Pleeeeease!" she pouted.
 
     "Let's rest for the night and I promise we'll go shopping first thing in the morning," I suggested.
 
     Sunny took a second to think about it and finally agreed. "Fine. Goodnight." And with that, she marched to her room.
 
     I sighed as I entered my room. I slipped on my pajamas, brushed my teeth, and slid into my lime green bed. I looked at the ceiling and wondered all the things my biological mom could be doing. 
 
     I whispered to myself," Don't worry mom, I'll find you." I shed a single tear and dozed off to sleep.