Him

Go Away...Wait Comeback!

 

     "I hate you!" Hyoyeon yelled. A page in her personal notebook had been torn from it's place and was currently in the hands of Hyukjae. The middle school English teacher, after having enough of the bickering, turned and gave the two a stern look and returned to the lesson.
 
     "It was an accident," Hyukjae replied in a sarcastic tone.
 
     "Go away!" Hyoyeon screamed, but only loud enough for the other to hear.
 
     "I'm afraid I can't do that."
 
     "Why not?!"
 
     "Because I don't wanna." A cheeky grin spread across his face. 
 
     "You're are so annoying!" Hyoyeon hissed.
 
     "Thanks for the compliment." 
 
     "Ugh!" She said as she clenched her fist. "Can't you just leave me alone?!"
 
     Hyukjae ignored her request and instead examined her face carefully. Hyoyeon took notice and realized he was staring at her.
 
     "What?!"
 
     "Why are you so ugly?" Hyukjae then burst out laughing.
 
     Tears began to form in Hyoyeon's eyes. How could he be so rude?! As much as she wanted to cry, she resisted the urge, so she wouldn't be seen weak in front of him. As a subsitute, she ran out the door without a word, making sure Hyukjae didn't see her face.
 
     Everyone in the classroom was surprised and the students began whispering while Hyukjae just sat there blankly staring at his notebook. 
 
     Sunny, Hyoyeon's best friend since 1st grade, immediately sensed that it had to do with Hyukjae. She abruptly got up and walked past Hyukjae, giving him a death glare.Sunny asked if she could find Hyoyeon and, after a nod, stormed out.
 
     The halls of the school looked lonely because she was used to it being filled with kids. Sunny went straight to the bathroom, already knowing where she was in these kind of situations. She walked to the large accessible stall and found Hyoyeon. She was obviously trying not to cry.
 
     "Don't hold it in, it's just me silly. Come here." Sunny walked over to the girl and wrapped her in a bear hug. "I don't know what happened, but I know his words aren't worth these tears." Hyoyeon felt better at the kind words of her friend. She wiped away the last of her tears and they walked out, making jokes about how weird Hyukjae's hair was that day.
 
     As they entered the classroom, all attention was shifted towards them. The teacher signaled them over to her desk and she told them that she wanted an explanation after the period had ended. They nodded and headed back to their seats.
 
     Hyoyeon continued her work, ignoring the fact that Hyukjae was still staring at her. She was in the middle of figuring out one of the problems on her worksheet when a piece of paper landed on her desk. Surprised she looked up and found Hyukjae nonchalantly reading a book. Upside down. She scoffed at how obvious he was. Hyoyeon opened the paper to reveal one word scribbled in rushed handwriting. 
 
Crybaby