Never Disappointed

Holding On To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After the month of mourning, the palace worked on the crowning ceremony for the new king. Everyone was busy rehearsing for the ceremony. The Jung siblings and Changmin even had to put up with seeing their other cousins JYJ.

They had all grown up in the Royal Academy, but they had differences. There are two kinds of monarchs in the world – the ones who rule by smarts and the ones who rule by hearts. Ruling by the heart isn’t bad, but it is when you place your emotions before your people. That’s why Changmin took it to heart when he was young that he will never give the throne to his other cousins.

Yunho? He knew he would become king anyways. He knew right from wrong, but he didn’t have the chance to show it with the passing years. He knew that he would simply rise to the occasion when it came, so he lived with freedom while he could and did what he wanted… Until now.

 

He was called to the Crown Prince’s quarters one day before the crowning ceremony. When he entered the room, Joohyun’s parents were sitting with her as they had tea with the Royal Couple. The family got up and bowed to the prince. The servants came with another set of tea for the prince.

 

“Yunho-yah, tomorrow your mother and I will be ascending the throne. We think that you should be stepping up to be Crown Prince,” the Crown Prince said. Yunho bowed his head in understanding. Joohyun smiled at Yunho when she heard news. Her prince was finally becoming someone great. She knew the day would come.

 

“So we will be rushing into your marriage first before you become the crown prince.” Joohyun’s eyes fell to the cup in front of her. She knew that day would come too. She had prepared herself for 10 years. “With Joohyun.”

 

“The late king at his deathbed had called out at Joohyun and Yunho together with his last breaths. We will take it that it was his last wish to see them wed,” the Crown Princess said. Joohyun's father cleared his throat silently before thanking the late king.

 

Joohyun’s head was spinning from what they were saying. She was stuck between happiness and anxiety. Her parents were delighted at the news and bowed to the Royal Family. “This is our greatest honor.”

 

Joohyun stole glances at her parents, who were obviously hyperventilating like her. Then she stole a glance at Yunho. He was staring at her. “Our Joohyun will be a great wife to His Highness. She will give her all.”

 

 

“So how do you feel?”

 

“Neh?” Joohyun snapped out of her trance. She was strolling with Yunho a distance away from the parents.

 

“How do you feel, Crown Princess-to-be?” Yunho asked again.

 

“I feel… lost, your highness,” she said humbly.

 

“You don’t want to marry me?”

 

“Animnida, Mama!” Joohyun quickly replied. “There are other people besides me- people with more status and more achievement. Why would the late king choose me?”

 

“I’m sur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter