Thailand

Holding On To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You awake?”

 

“Mmm,” Joohyun hummed, her head still on Changmin arm and her eyes still closed.

 

“Let’s go to Thailand for the week,” he suggested. She shot right up. “Eh?”

 

“Let’s go to Thailand for the week. We can call the rest to come too. I think anywhere but this cold would be awesome right now,” Changmin said still lying on the floor. “This can be our party for Hyung and Noona too, since they marry in two months.”

 

Joohyun was conflicted internally. She was not allowed to leave the country until mid-February when she was to leave with Joonmyun. Maybe she could work something out with Joonmyun? “Can I talk to my father about this first?” she stalled.

 

“Why? Does he not approve of me?” Changmin frowned and sat up. “I mean, he allowed it when we went to Geoje Island.”

 

“It’s just… He’s been ill too for a while now so I was supposed to spend time with him,” she lied. Changmin nodded in understanding. They got changed and headed for dinner out of the Jjimjilbang. When Joohyun reached home, she headed straight to the guest room where Joonmyun was waiting for her.

 

 


“It’s the beach!” Soojung shouted. Everyone smiled at the landscape as they looked out from the resort on the hill. Phuket was a good getaway from the bitter winter that Korea was experiencing in the New Year. Of course Phuket is no getaway from security. The resort was laced with security guards from the palace, some unknown to the royal family to be Marshalls for Joohyun. The room at the other end of the floor was housing Joonmyun and some of his guards as they secretly watch over their witness.

 

“Oh Joohyun, you brought a camera too,” BoA observed. They turned and saw a camera in Joohyun’s hand. “No doubt like her boyfriend,” Sooyeon teased. Changmin had a Polaroid camera in his hand.

 

“Changmin oppa and I have a competition to see who can take better photos, because I complained that he took too many photos at Geoje Island,” Joohyun pouted.

 

“And I, being the expert, only have 10 photos to take throughout the trip,” Changmin boasted. But his pride was shattered when BoA laughed and replied, “So now you can focus more on the trip instead of your photography!”

 

Of course, a woman knows how a woman thinks. Changmin glared and pouted at Joohyun for having deceived him. “Now you can have fun too,” Joohyun tried to explain. BoA and Yunho simply laughed at the couple while the sister sniggered at their cousin. “Kaja,” Yunho said before heading to the car. The family looked out of the bulletproof Hyundai Starex as the chauffeur drove them downhill to the beach. They planned on surfing and playing at the beach before heading for dinner by the seaside.

 

There were so many lies that Joohyun had told in the week, and the camera was no exception. "I have a month left till his birthday," Joohyun had begged Joonmyun to let her go with them to Thailand and Joonmyun had agreed on the condition that he came along too. Joohyun knew he was watching her from a distance and looked around through the eyepiece of her camera. She saw a man wearing a hat and carrying a camera similar to hers, and knew straightaway that it was Joonmyun. The camera was the totem so that they could keep track of each other.

 

“Joohyun-ah, that’s not the way to take photos!” Yunho shouted from a distance. Joohyun jumped at his sudden voice but smiled and replied, “I know! I was trying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter