Epilogue

Holding On To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joohyun squinted her eyes as they experienced the morning light. Her blur vision saw the digits on the digital clock. She snuggled into her bolster, hugging his waist tightly. When her eyes had adjusted to the orange glow shining into the room, she turned her head up and rested her chin on his chest, smiling up at his sleeping face. She nodded and jabbed her chin continuously to wake him up. “Wake up. It’s almost 10,” her chin jabbed into his chest but his head just shifted a little while his hand held her waist. twisted at his laziness and she got up on one elbow, the other hand travelling up to his jaw. She leaned forward and pecked his lips.

 

No response. She leaned in and kissed him again, this time not leaving his lips. His lips curved upwards and captured hers. His hands took her waist and shifted her body on top of his. They both giggled as their morning make-out session started. His hand slowly travelled down her body.

 

But her hand stopped his. “You’re awake now. Let’s get ready,” she said after breaking away from his lips. She got up off him, heading to the bathroom, but got pulled back down by her sweater onto the bed before being held down by his body. Changmin whined into her neck, not wanting to get up. “Oppa, you can’t be like that.” He just whined again. “I’m getting squashed.” He immediately propped himself up by his elbows and looked at her with squinty eyes and a pout. Her palms squished his cheeks and he gladly kissed her. “I love you,” he said with his coarse morning voice. She giggled at his gradually widening eyes staring back at her. “I love you too.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Come on, we only have an hour.” She slipped sideward off the bed and Changmin made way for her, lying back down on the bed. “Are you sure you want to come along?” he called out to her. “You don’t have to.”

“It’s ok! I want to see what it’ll be like,” she replied as she squeezed toothpaste on to her toothbrush. “Get up!”

 

 

Sooyeon walked hurriedly toward her lecture theatre without any bodyguards following. She scurried to the fifth row and sat in her usual seat. She quickly put up the small desk. “You know, there’s no justification for the princess to show up late for class,” her neighbor whispered. She turned and scowled at Lee Donghae, who was just staring at the blackboard with his head on his left hand. His right hand lifted the basket from his side and placed it on her desk. “Today’s intake,” he whispered with a hint of annoyance. The basket was full of candies and cards from her admirers in the university. She put the basket on her lap and looked into the basket quietly looking for something interesting to eat. Defeated, she let out a sigh before placing the basket on the floor next to her. Then she turned to look at him before turning to the board, hoping that he didn’t see her excited side. She flinched at his left arm that lifted off the desk and observed it go around above her head to rest on her chair. His right hand dug into his bag and took out a plastic bag. “This deokbokki should be in the basket too,” Donghae commented before he leaned back into his chair. Her eyes ogled at the packet of ddeokbokki. Uncomfortable with their sudden closeness, she leaned forward and listened to the lecture as she munched on her snack.

“Ahhhh,” Donghae said softly. Sooyeon looked at him. "Give me a piece." His face was slightly facing her, his mouth wide open. Is he for real? He’s irritated by her admirer’s daily gifts and he wanted her to feed him some of it? Then she looked around at her course mates, worried that they would misunderstand. “Can’t I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter