Words Left Unsaid

Holding On To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘I would, but I can’t.’

 

The princes and princesses were out of Seoul when the head guard received a call for the family to return to the main palace. Yunho texted Joohyun, and she replied:

From Joohyun

His Majesty is very ill.

 

“What’s up?” Changmin asked. Sooyeon and Soojung were also filled with curiosity and anxiety.

 

“Grandfather’s ill. I think they think his time is up,” Yunho said solemnly.

 

“Andwae,” Soojung choked. Sooyeon turned and hugged her younger sister as she cried on her shoulder. Yunho shifted over and hugged the both of them. The sisters may seem cold to the public, but they were the most fragile in the royal family.

 

“He can’t be with us forever,” he told them.

 

“Your Highness, please don’t say such inauspicious words. The King will live much longer,” the secretary told them from the passenger seat. The family remained silent throughout the ride while Sooyeon clamed her sister down.

 

Joohyun was already at the entrance of Gyeongbukgung when the motorcade entered the palace grounds. The family got out of the car and rushed into the palace with Joohyun following right behind them. As they took off their footwear, Yunho instructed, “Joohyun-ah, come in and stay with the girls.”

 

Joohyun was shocked by his instruction. She looked at the siblings before acknowledging Yunho.

 

As they entered, they saw the royal family and the attendants who were sobbing. The King was breathing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter