It Shouldn't Be

Holding On To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joohyun pressed the doorbell and waited. After a while, Changmin knocked on the door. “You have to get this sorted right away before the press digs any deeper,” the king had told them after that article. Changmin rang the doorbell again. The door opened a little, revealing a woman with glasses on.

 

“Noona, it’s me, Changmin,” he said. The door closed and they heard the sound of the lock unlatching. She welcomed them into the apartment and made drinks for them. There were boxes around the apartment since she was still unpacking.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Seo Joohyun imnida,” Joohyun introduced herself to BoA.

 

“I know who you are,” BoA said with a smile. “I apologize for that night. I didn’t mean to ruin it and cause so much trouble.”

 

“Miss Kwon-“

 

“Just call me unni,” BoA said.

 

“… Unni, I came to talk to you about that,” Joohyun said. BoA noticed that Changmin grabbed on to Joohyun’s hand. “Unni, I was hoping that you would reconsider Yunho oppa’s proposal.”

 

BoA frowned at her words. “I’ve rejected him twice; I think that should state my intentions.”

 

“Noona, I’ve seen how sincere you were with him. I don’t believe that you don’t love him."

 

“Everybody changes,” BoA replied coldly.

 

"Why would you show up at that spot after so many years?” Changmin asked.

 

"There are some things we hold on to and cherish."

 

“And so do I,” Joohyun rebutted coldly. The people looked at her with surprise.

 

“Joohyun-ah-“

 

“Unni, you have to understand why I came here. I didn’t come here out of courtesy,” Joohyun softened. “I came here with the intention to convince you. I don’t want to compete with you for oppa. I want what’s best for him.”

 

“Joohyun-ah, trust me when I told him that he was better off with you. I want what's best for him too.”

 

“But I’m not what’s best for him. Neither is this best for me. I have already rejected him and made it clear that I would not return to him,” Joohyun said with tremble in her voice.

 

“Joohyun-ah,” BoA’s voice was trembling too. “It’s not too late to take him back.”

 

Changmin was observing BoA’s persistence. “Noona, why don’t you want to be with him? You never gave a reason,” he asked.

 

BoA looked at him wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter