BoA was right.

Holding On To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Where have you been?” Changmin was calling Joohyun because she had not been seen for a few days.

 

“Oh, oppa. I’ve… been busy with work,” she replied. Changmin noted the sniffles that she had.

 

“Are you sick?”

 

There was a pause before she replied, “Yeah, so I’m staying home for the next week to do work from here.”

 

“I’ll come visit you then.”

 

“No! I mean… I don’t want you to catch it. My whole family has been infected with the flu. I’ll meet you after I get well, oppa?”

 

“… Arasso. Annyeong.”

 

“Oppa annyeong.” Joohyun had been controlling herself throughout the whole phone call. When she hung up, Joonmyun passed her a tissue to dry her wet face. The police had been at the Seo residence secretly for days to work on the case with her father, no doubt her father was under arrest for involvement in smuggling.

 

 

After paying a visit to the royal court, Joohyun took a slow stroll to Changmin’s room. There was no spirit in her steps as she dreaded the limited days she had left with him in Korea. She knocked on his door and his voice answered. She entered to see him lying on the couch, working on a Rubik’s cube. Her hand didn’t leave the doorknob as she stood smiling painfully at that image that had grown with her since young. How is she going to let go of him?

 

He turned and saw her standing at the door smiling at him. He got up from the couch with a bright face. “You’re here!” The smile disappearing from her face slowly, she shut the door and walked up to him. He stood up and went to her too, but he was surprised when she suddenly wrapped her arms around his neck. His heart skipped a beat and he wrapped his arms around her waist too. Arms tightening around his neck, she said, “I miss you.” He smiled and tightened the embrace, telling her that he missed her too.

 

He asked her if her work and sickness were gone and she nodded on his shoulder. “Can we go out?” she asked as they broke from the hug. He looked at her with furrowed brows. “Are you okay? Is something wrong?”

 

She looked at him speechless. “It’s just… Yah, it’s the guy’s job to ask for a date,” Changmin said seriously. Joohyun simply laughed at his serious face. He pouted at her giggles and said, “Arasso, I’ll get my stuff.”

 

He drew the seatbelt for her and buckled it up. “So! Where are we going?” Changmin asked, looking out at the snow. “… In this weather…”

 

Joohyun looked at the bitter weather outside. She hadn’t thought of that; she just wanted to spend time with him. “Jjimjilbang?” Changmin suggested. Joohyun thought about it and nodded with a smile. One public place where they can dress down, can eat normal food, and forget formalities: Jjimjilbang.

 

Well, normal to some degree. Dragon Hill Spa was literally a spa, so the service was of a higher class. But with the guests being foreigners, there was some privacy. The couple separated for a few hours, enjoying the services that the spa provided. When she came out of the ladies’ area to the public area, she saw that Changmin had already started on lunch. He looked up at her with the spoon in his mouth. He quickly took the spoon out and put it on the tray, swallowing his food. “Sorry, I couldn’t wait,” he said sheepishly. She simply shook her head with a smile before Changmin ordered another Bibimbap set for her.

 

While waiting, Changmin scooped a spoon of Bibimbap and fed her. What is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter