Fate's Game on Them [edited]

Holding On To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I know I said I won't be updating... But I couldn't help thinking all day that there were holes in the chapter so I edited it.

 

 

It’s been months since Joohyun was betrothed to the Crown Prince. But there was not much growth in their relationship. Even to the palace staff, the couple seemed to hit off like their usual selves – siblings.

Dinner? They’ve done it.

Baseball game? Done it too.

Private functions? Plenty of it.

Skinship… She wouldn’t dare touch the Crown Prince that way.

What about him? He wouldn’t touch the most delicate thing in his life either.

 

“Hyung,” Changmin called out from the couch in Yunho’s new room.

 

“Hmm?” Yunho was going through a file from the stack on his table.

 

“How are you and Joohyun coming along?”

 

“We’re fine,” Yunho said without paying much attention.

 

“Define ‘fine’.”

 

Yunho dropped the file on the table and rubbed the bridge of his nose. He understood how his father felt after running through simple state affairs now. “We’re not fighting, if that’s what you’re asking,” he said. “Why? What did you hear now?”

 

Changmin sat up and faced Yunho. “The palace staffs are saying that you two haven’t changed since the engagement.”

 

Yunho thought about what Changmin had just said. They were right. Dinners were normal, just that Changmin is not around. Recreation activities were not fun without Changmin around. Private functions were tolerable for Joohyun because Changmin was around. “Do you know how much you exist in our lives, boy?” Yunho said in teasing frustration. “You’re everywhere with us!”

 

Changmin laughed at Yunho’s comment. He knew it too. He made sure he was there for Joohyun when Yunho couldn’t be.

 

“Honestly, I think she’s afraid to love me because I’m the Crown Prince.”

 

‘She loves you, but you don’t know it.’ Changmin looked down, contemplating if he should give it to them. ‘For Joohyun.’

 

“Hyung.”

 

“Mmm?” Yunho hummed with his eyes closed and head rested on the armchair.

 

“Remember the place that you used to bring BoA noona?”

 

“… Why?”

 

“… Maybe you should bring her there.” Yunho’s eyes shot open as he sat up and looked at Changmin. “I have a pair of tickets to the concert that Joohyun would want to watch. It’s at that park, so maybe if you bring her there for the concert and then to that special spot. She told me she likes you, hyung, but she’s not confident. Maybe with this she will see that you want to be serious with this.”

 

Yunho looked at Changmin’s solemn look. “Why are you helping us so much?” Changmin looked at him with widened eyes. “You should be focusing on your own love life.”

 

Changmin could only look down with no answer. “Thank you, Changmin-ah,” Yunho said sincerely. “Not even my secretary has suggested anything to me. Not that they know about the place either,” he sniggered as he went back to his work.

 

Changmin gave a smile and lied back

 

 

 

“Oppa, where are we going?” Joohyun asked as she looked out of the car curiously.

 

“It’s a surprise,” Yunho said excitedly as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter