A week flies by...

Holding On To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Madam, a letter has arrived at the residence with the prince’s name on it.”

“Sure, I’ll collect it when I visit this weekend.”

 

BoA took a long stroll to Changmin’s room. The writing on the envelope wasn’t Joohyun’s and the sender read “Kim Joonmyun”. He wouldn’t tell Changmin the truth right? She knocked on the door and Changmin welcomed her in with a wide smile. He’s been trying to assure his family for weeks now. “I’m not sure what movie you would want to watch so I bought a few,” he said as he walked to the coffee table.

 

“Changmin-ah,” she said hesitantly. He looked at her with curiosity, that wide smile not leaving. “I-I went home and my maid said that someone sent a letter to you through our address.” She stretched out her hand and passed him the package. His smile disappeared when he saw the name of the sender. “Do you know him?” she asked.

 

“He’s the one who left with Joohyun,” he answered so seriously. He opened the envelope and a few items slipped out of it. There was a letter and two other envelopes. “There’s a letter from Joohyun,” he said with eagerness when he looked at the envelopes. Putting the letter and the other envelope aside, he quickly ripped open her envelope. Meanwhile, BoA read Joonmyun’s letter to make sure nothing gets known.

 

Hyungnim,

            It’s me Joonmyun. I am so sorry that we had to leave like this. And I’m sorry that I had to arrest Joohyun. I also wished that none of this would have happened to anyone around you, but it didn’t work. Joohyun has been trying to adjust with her family to the new surroundings and she’s well. She told me suddenly that she wanted to send you a letter and I got worried. She said that this would be the one and only letter she would send to you. I know that she left you so suddenly and so decidedly. I got worried that she might weave up more ties to cut your relationship on top of the betrayal you might have felt.

            No matter what she says in that letter, hyung, I want you to know that she really loved you. And she didn’t mean to betray you. She was so upset when she found out about her involvement in the case. And then she told me that she was upset about you. She made a decision to leave, hyung, for your sake. She wants to make sure that your status and integrity as prince would not be compromised in any way, so she doesn’t want you to know anything about where she is and she wants to cut all relations. She was very sad for weeks that we first arrived. Hyung, be strong. The only way to make Joohyun happy form where you are now is to show through the media that you are doing well.

            If you are worried about us, hyung, don’t worry. I would not touch her in any way more than a guard’s duty. I will never steal her from you unless I am told to. But how can I?

            I’m not sure if I will write any more letters to you, so I decided to enclose a few shots of her. I’m sure you would like them. Until I see you again, take care. I will take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter