Dissapointment

Raindrops Falling Up

 

 

You were about to open your locker when you saw it.

 

A single white rose was taped carefully on your locker.

 

Removing the tape with shaky fingers, you held the flower close to you and stared at it lovingly with beautiful smile in your face.

 

 

You had an idea who it came from but as everything in your life that has something to do with him, you tried not to get your hopes up.

 

 

 

 

***

 

                           The next day you walked out of one of your Professors office and headed straight out your University. You needed some time alone with your thoughts and it was the best place you could come up with at the moment.

 

When you got there, you were a little glad that the park was almost empty at that time of the day. You walked straight to the familiar bench. As you sat there, your mind was immediately preoccupied with the event that happened yesterday.

 

You smiled at the thought of the single white rose that now sat on a simple vase in your bedroom.

 

 

Why did Luhan give it? 

 

Truthfully, you were confused. You hoped with all your heart that Luhan really was the one who gave the rose and as your human heart yearned that maybe, he feels the same for you.

 

 

 

But why did you ignore me before?

 

 

 

Why are you so confusing, Luhan?

 

 

 

After about an hour of swimming in your thoughts, you decided to head back to campus to collect some of your things, you walked slowly, taking your time. You arrived at the main entrance to see that most of the students are already heading home, their classes finished for the day and you smiled at the thought of going back to your house, to your bedroom and hold one special flower in your fingers.

 

When you were done collecting all your things and just about to head home, your eyes caught something in your peripheral vision and you turned your head to stare at the window.

 

The field was clearly visible from that angle and all of the blissfulness that you felt since yesterday and today vanished instantly as you saw the two familiar figures.

 

They were far away from you but their motions clear as day in your eyes and your already shattered heart broke even more as you saw a male figure that was clearly Luhan’s , approach Fei slowly as she sat on one of the bleachers. Your grip tightened at the recommendation letter that you held in your hand.

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe...

 

 

 

 

 

 

...I should just...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...forget you.

 

 

 

 

You thought sullenly as you witness Luhan’s angelic face smile brightly towards Fei... and you felt like dying when he handed her a bouquet of beautifully arranged carnations.

 

 

 

 

What about my white rose ?

 

 

 

 

 

You chastised yourself ruthlessly for hoping that he might have feelings for you, you were right, you shouldn’t have gotten your hopes up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...but you already did.

 

 

 

***

 An update at last~

and I didn't give Luhan competition, sorry for those who anticipated for one. I just figured that luhan the lucky bastard doesn't need anymore drama added, he is dense enough already =)

Anyways, Fei gets a freaking whole boquet of carnations while all you got was a single white rose? Hmmmm....

 

Tell me how you feel guys~~!!!!!

 

Thanks to all my beautiful readers, I hope you enjoyed this update!