White Rose

Raindrops Falling Up

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But now more than ever, you wished that the rain would just swallow you whole because in front of Luhan, laughing freely with him was Fei.

 

 

 

 

 

Your Best friend.

 

 

 

 

Unconsciously, your hand let go of the white rose you were holding and it fell down to the wet ground, forgotten.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don’t want to get my hopes up.

 

 

 

 

 

                                 After what you saw last week, it wasn’t only just Luhan you were avoiding; you were avoiding Fei as well.

It was excruciating, thinking of the possibilities. Your best friend and the person that you loved all your life being together. You pondered on the cruelty of your situation.

 

You were just so thankful that your artworks helped. When there were nights that sleep was hard to come by, you drew. When unwanted thoughts run on your mind the whole day, you painted.

 

Ironically, your professors seemed to delight on your turmoil. It was common knowledge that Emotions showed through the works of an artist, and it  was clearly blaring through your paintings, the usual calm picturesque blue ocean that you were used to do was now an explosive fiery red and orange scenery from the sun at dawn.

The usual calm and composed lines and shades in your sketches were now jagged and deep; the too hard. Your style changed and it was clearly visible though your artwork.

But there was something that kept constant; it was the boy now man that was always there...No matter what he does, you can't hate him. You love Luhan too much to hate him.

 

 

 

...Even if it means that you had to take your pain wholly as you watch him with your best friend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

             You were about to head to the locker room to put the rest of your things back before you go home when you suddenly halted. Luhan was walking straight to your direction out of the locker room but he hasn’t noticed you yet as he was busy smiling on some of the people that he passed by.

 

He finally took a notice to you when he was a couple of feet away while you never moved a single step. He stared at you for a while, his face expressionless.

 

After a few moments of staring, he finally moved and continued walking out, but he managed to give a weak nod of acknowledgement towards your direction. Not knowing how to interpret his action, you just smiled wholeheartedly. For you were glad that he acknowledged you, maybe you were not completely nonexistent to him.

 

 

 

You were about to open your locker when you saw it.

 

A single white rose was taped carefully on your locker. Removing the tape with shaky fingers, you held the flower close to you and stared at it lovingly with beautiful smile in your face.

 

 

 

 

You had an idea who it came from but as everything in your life that has something to do with him, you tried not to get your hopes up.

 

*********

 

 

Mysterious rose eh?