Glimmer

Raindrops Falling Up

 

 

 

no one else exists anymore.
After this time together,
I can no longer go back

 

 

 

 

The two of you stayed inside each other’s arms for a while completely content when a sudden ugly thought surfaced in your mind which made you stiffen in his arms.

 

“Why are you doing this to me?” you asked softly although the tone of your voice broke his heart. He tried to hold you closer to him but you resisted and push him away.

 

“ No...I can’t do this to Fei...I’m leaving” you said as you walked closer to the doorway.

 

You were about to reach the doorway when you felt strong arms wrap around your waist and pull you back. And immediately, you weakened all over again when you felt Luhan  burry his face on your neck.

 

 

“ Please...don’t leave me...” he pleaded against your skin and you shuddered.

 

 

” Luhan, No. She is my best friend... I can’t do this to her. I love her like a sister” you said as you felt tears gather in your eyes.

 

 

“ And you love me...” Luhan said softly as he nuzzled your neck and tightened his hold on your waist.

 

“ Yes...I love you, you know that already...But you are with Fei now. So please, let me go” you said as a tear fell down your cheek.

 

 

 

Stop making me feel so helpless

 

 

Luhan only pulled you even closer to him after you said that so you had no choice but to struggle in his hold, you moved so that you could pry his arms off your waist.

You felt like the more you stayed in his embrace, the more broken you are going to be for he could not be yours. Luhan saw you struggle and he instantly felt regret eat himalive but he wouldn’t let go of you...never again.

 

 

“ I am not with her” He spoke clearly when you continued to try and escape his embrace, but you stopped completely after he said that.

 

You stopped moving instantly when you heard him say those words and your heart beat wildly inside your chest, after a while you decided to slowly face him, your face confused and a little angry.

 

 

“ I was never with her” Luhan said straight into your eyes as you faced him but your eyebrows furrowed as you looked down.

 

 

 

Come into my life,
I'm opening the door for you,
I know that in your arms there won't be any more lonely nights

 

 

 

“ But...You always spend time with her...”

 

 

“- and...I saw you in the cafe... You were together. “ you said as you felt more tears fall down. Luhan looked at you with concern as he gently lifted your face up and wiped your tears away with his fingers, more kept coming though.`

 

He sighed sadly but at the same time, his confidence only grew. He would do this, he would make things right between the two of you.

 

 

“ I asked her for help” he began and it only confused you.

 

 

“ Help?” you asked and he nodded.

 

 

“ You see, I left a girl back at the airport four years ago, she told me she loves me...but I didn’t answer back...I just...thanked her” he explained and you frowned, clearly hurt as he brought back the past.

 

 

 

What are you trying to do?

 

 

“ But after that, I can’t get her out of my mind...she is all I can think about. I can’t eat properly, I can’t sleep and If I  do, she’s always in my dreams” he continued and you slowly moved away to stare at his face, his eyes met yours and you could see that he was dead serious.

 

 

 

What are you saying? You are making me...hope.

 

 

“ And then, I knew that I love her. I am in love with her. I thought that I would be able to move on if I give it time but I realized that even if I wait forever, I would still be in love with her It took ti-“ he was about to speak but you interrupted him by pushing him harshly.

 

 

“Stop! Stop! Why are you this to me? Stop! “ you sobbed harshly as you push him away. Luhan held both of your hands in his as you tried to push him away, your strength fading as you fell on the tree house’s wooden floor while crying.

 

 

Luhan fell down with you, his heart hurting as you cried out in pain, he held your hands tighter in his and he brought your left hand to his lips, kissing your fingers hoping to soothe your broken heart...

 

 

“ P-Please stop...I don’t want to get my hopes up. It would only her more when I fall down again. It would kill me”  you cried.

 

 

“I wouldn’t let you fall again. I promise. So please listen to me...” Luhan begged and through your tears, you could see his eyes started to water as well.

 

 

You nodded weakly after a while.

 

 

“ I love you. It took me four years to realize that, and when I finally had the courage to go back...I-I saw you, and I didn’t know how to react. I was so overwhelmed when my heart beat like crazy and I...I g-got scared I guess...” he explained weakly.

 

“ I was so scared that I didn’t know how to act around you...s-so I acted indifferent and even cold...But I knew that I hurt you even more and I didn’t know what to do, so I asked Fei for help” you knew that he was clearly upset with himself.

 

“ I was so stupid, I-Im so sorry...” he finished and a tear ran down his cheek when he looked down. You stare at him through your teary eyes and you couldn’t believe that this was happening.

 

***

 

The dude finally confessed. about time. Although, he's looking really good these days...

 

Tell me watcha think!