You Left Again?

Don't Follow Me; It's Scary

“Where do you live?” I stared at him, trying to hide my widened eyes. “A-Ah… Sorry if that was sudden; I was just wondering.” It was a casual question, but it hit me like a hammer to the skull. Don’t talk to this person again.

I stood up, nodding to him as I walked out of the classroom.

“Ah, wait, Mi Sun-ah!” He called back to me, but I kept walking until he pulled my arm lightly. “You forgot your books…” He handed the two textbooks to me. I nodded as thank you and left without properly looking at him in the eyes.

Kevin looks like a nice guy, but all the things he says scare me. They’re questions all my stalkers have asked me before they started to follow me. I don’t want another number on my phone.

He could turn into a number 9.

I won’t smile to him again.

 

“Good morning~” Kevin cooed as I sat at my desk. I nodded, but should stop that too; I don’t want to show him any acknowledgment.

Class began and I stared towards the window, my eyes falling on… What was his name again… Ah, Kiseop. He had a nice face… It was handsome.

“Are you going home now, Mi Sun-ah?” Kevin asked once class ended. I bit my lip, trying not to nod and just left. It must have been rude, but I don’t care. I’m so cautious these days; I have to be.

 

I walked home, seeing the dark sky replace the gray one. I froze at the site of him. He was waiting for the cross walk sign to change; Number 3.

It hasn’t even been a whole week yet! My brain was overrun by my legs which immediately turned around and walked until I couldn’t tell where I was. I’m so stupid… I wandered through the streets, asking a coffee shop employee for directions.

I followed her instructions, getting back to the roads I was at least somewhat familiar with. I walked slowly, knowing that I should have my knife ready when I got home. Someone should be waiting there.

I couldn’t move more, leaning against a building as people kept passing by.

I wish I could find someone to help me. The police do nothing for me because there is never any ‘good’ evidence. My cuts should be enough; I usually only get hurt when it comes to number 1 and 2 though. The others aren’t as violent. They don’t carry blades.

 

“Come.” I glanced up, almost running, thinking that it was Number 3. “Hurry up. You’ll get kidnapped.” Kiseop sighed, pulling me by the hand today. I bit my lip, knowing that I should be hitting him away, but holding onto his hand. I was alarmed from the sight of the stalker and his hand comforted me. It was freezing cold, but it felt so warm to me; someone who would never touch another out of fear.

“T-Thank you…” I spoke, probably too quiet for him to hear. He kept walking and when we got to the local areas, I could tell he would let go of my hand soon.

We approached the fourth street and he let go. “Ah, wait.” I unconsciously grabbed back on to his hand, making him turn to me with a different look; a little surprised, but still calm. “Umm…” What can I say? “Thank you.” I can’t get help from him. He turned back and kept walking.

I held my breath once I reached my street, walking close to the other houses to blend in. I was expecting to see a figure around my house, but there was no one.

I clenched the knife in my pocket, taking it out when I turned the doorknob. “You’re so late.”

I dropped the dagger, hearing the clink of metal on the floor and a fist slamming into the wall next to my head after I was thrown against it.

“I missed you.”