Does She Know Me?

Don't Follow Me; It's Scary

That guy stayed with Mi Sun over the night...I wonder how that went. I thought aimlessly, not paying any attention to the teachers lecture.

That guy, Kibum, seemed kind of...sad? I don't know, I think he just had one of those faces where you always look depressed. Maybe he smiles differently, but his voice sounded so monotonic too.

"Kevin-ah!" A girl yelled, waving her fingers in front of my face. "Zoning out much?"

"Ah...yeah." I don't like to pretend to have a nice attitude now that they've seen my bad side. It's so much easier. And I know that at least Mi Sun will accept it.

I stood up, going out of class to the bathroom. This must have been a huge event because I heard many gossiping whispers once I left.

 

Kiseop POV

"Did you see how Kevin-ah started acting all of a sudden?!" A girl yelled out.

"I know! He seems pretty rude...he should go back to being like before!"

"Yeah. I wonder what happened to him." People kept talking and it was so annoying. I don't really get how it's a crime for Kevin to act unhappy. People just aren't used to it and think he's bad for being like that.

"Mi Sun-ah~" A girl called over to her, making me glance to them. "You went and talked to Kevin-ah last time, right?" The girl tried to make her voice higher than natural, in attempts to appear cute. What? Does she think Mi Sun is like a boy or something? "Can you go talk to him again? And tell him to go back to normal." Wow...

"I can't." Mi Sun said, crossing her arms.

"Why~?" The other girl cooed.

"That's his personality. He didn't change, you were just never close enough to sense his real attitude." The other girl scoffed loudly, gaining more attention from the rest of the class. I sighed on the inside, knowing that this is how people get ostracized; by defending others.

 

Kevin POV

I walked back to class, humming a little as I walked in to a silent room. Why is everyone so...quiet...?

"Did something happen in here?" I whispered to a girl next to my desk.

"Tch. Mi Sun-ah went totally berserk and called us all idiots for not being able to understand your personality and that we weren't 'close' enough to you." I highly doubt she would do that...and I know how people exaggerate. Mi Sun must have just told them to stop bugging me or something and they blew it out of proportions.

The day went by and I saw that a group of kids went over to Mi Sun. They don't seem like good friends.

 

Kiesop POV

I sighed loudly, making it a point that people heard me to distract them from Mi Sun.

"Oh, is someone upset by the ruckus in class?" Someone asked in a mocking tone. "Is it too loud?!" Someone yelled. Do I have a reputation of disliking loud things...? I don't really pay attention to that sort of stuff.

"Are you going home now?" I asked Mi Sun.

"Ah...yeah. Are you ready?" I nodded, the two of leaving class. I could tell there would be gossip tomorrow and wondered why I decided to do this rather than just leaving her alone.

.

"So..." I started, attempting to make conversation. Mi Sun looked like she was deep in thought and wasn't saying anything much. "Does that guy still come to your house everyday?" She was still thinking to herself and probably didn't even hear me.

I sighed, keeping my hands in my pockets as we walked. At least I saw his face last time, when he pulled his mask off to kiss her. I didn't really get to see any specific traits that made him special, since he didn't smile too much at that time, but he definitely looked older than her.

She said he and that other black haired boy were her sunbaes previously. I thought it was pretty messed up that her old sunbae was following her...that just goes against my mind and the way society should be working. He is supposed to be a respectable figure. Why is he like that?

An honorific doesn't make a human any different than others.

I remembered what she said, thinking that it was true now.

I guess I just hope she doesn't get into any more trouble with him...

"Mi Sun!" I glanced up to see someone smiling wide. "Mi Sun! Wah! I haven't seen you in a long time!" He grinned, jumping a little.

I looked over to her and saw her weird smile. She didn't look scared or happy, but rather...I don't know, just... weird?

"How are you doing?" She asked him, still keeping a funny expression.

"Good! How about you?" He seemed really excited to see her, whoever he was. He gave me a speedy glance, losing his smile in a millisecond, but quickly picking it back up when he looked at Mi Sun. "Are you doing well at your new school?"

"Ah, yeah... W-What have you been up to?" She asked, before he pulled her closer.

"Are you cold? You stuttered." He said, keeping his bright smile.

"A-A little..." She responded, discretely stepping back.

"We should go inside! This is your house, right?" He pointed back at her small house.

"Yes, but..." She paused, making his eyebrows playfully rise up. "I'm sort of busy today, since I just moved here. It's not very clean or put together..."

"Oh! That's no problem at all!" He said with a beamingly cheerful voice. She still resisted. It looked more like she didn't want to hurt his feelings... He seemed nice for the most part. Maybe she really dislikes him? As long as that other masked stalker isn't around, it's fine.

 

"Oh? What are you doing here?" I turned, hearing his voice. He appeared upset in his voice, but had a smile on, not wearing his usual mask today. "Are you just about to leave?" He was really smiling wide, but I could see that his fists were tight in his pockets.

"Why?" The previously excited boy asked. "I'm her friend." His eyes got so intense suddenly. The other scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"I wouldn't lie to myself like that if I were you." Ooo...

"Tch. And you believe that you are her closest person? Yeah right. She hates you." Oh gosh...I could tell this would get ugly once they started walking towards each other.

"Alexander! Can't you just go home for today?" Mi Sun asked him.

"Why...?" He frowned at her, hanging his head. "But I never get to see you...and you don't even like him." He said. She looked like she was begging with her eyes. "Fine...but he should leave too."

"Why? I outrank you and she likes me better. See you another day." I wish I knew his name so I didn't have to refer to him as the masked one...or I guess the previously masked one.

I debated on the decision to just ask him his name, but realized that he was already walking away with the other guy once I made my decision. So much for that...

I glanced back at Mi Sun, noting that she was gone too. I sighed, going back home. Rude much?

 

Kevin POV

I walked home after pretty much getting verbally abused by half the class. Tch. They think they know me? How unbelievable. Just because you observe someone on the outside doesn't mean you know them at all.

Should I go say something to Mi Sun? The other kids kept mentioning how she said 'insulted them.' I don't really care, but I do kind of like her. Just a little.

Nah, maybe another day.

 

Kiseop POV

I glanced back at Mi Sun's house, feeling like something was amiss.

Nothing was there...but I feel weird.

I slowly walked back over, noticing someone sitting on the steps leading to the door.

She saw me too, waving happily with a huge smile. I looked behind me, making sure this stranger was actually saying hello to me.

"Um...hello." I said. She stood up, giving a small bow.

"Hi, you're Kiseop-ah, right?" She asked so suddenly.

"Yeah..." I don't know this person, do I? I don't think I've ever seen her before.

"I'm Eunjung. It's nice to meet Mi Sun's friend." When did this person even come here? I would have seen her if she was coming down the street, which is the only way to get to Mi Sun's house at the end of the road.