Even Your Fingers Are—

Don't Follow Me; It's Scary

 

“Are they okay?!” A guy yelled out, all of us just watching Mi Sun and Kevin get surrounded by teachers.

“Don’t you see that track of blood on the ground?! Of course someone’s hurt!”

Oh God… I was getting a bit lightheaded at the visions I thought up.

I couldn’t see the condition they were in before the teachers and adults had surrounded them, but all the students saw the blood on the ground. There was so much blood flowing down.

“Students, get back in your classrooms!” We heard an administrative worker say.

No one really moved until the principal came around, forcing everyone back inside.

“Oh my God…Can you believe that? I wonder what happened. Did you see if they were both hurt?” A girl talked to her friend next to me.

“No, I just saw the blood.”

“We all saw the blood…”

 

The rest of class went on silently through the day.

No one really talked, unless it was about the incident from before.

The teacher released us, making sure to reiterate not going to the nurse’s office to see either Kevin or Mi Sun. My stomach clenched when they said not to go because they had both been taken to the hospital.

Ignoring the adults, most of the students at least walked by the infirmary still, seeing the note plastered on the window.

Students, Woo Kevin and Kim Mi Sun have been transferred to the local hospital. Please refrain from visiting at this time and remain in your classes.

Such an unhelpful message… I wonder how it happened.

What it was that happened.

.

 

“What did you do?!” Soohyun’s eyes were so intense that nobody could find the courage to rip him off of Eli.

“She’s the one who’s messing around. It was her own fault.” Soohyun’s fist grinded against Eli’s cheek again, bloodying his teeth even more.

“Don’t even with me right now. How could you do this?” Soohyun looked like he could kill Eli easily, but no one would disagree if he actually did it.

We know Soohyun wouldn’t feign hesitation.

“Don’t go near her again.” His voice was a lowly growl at this point.

I was going to say something, but just swallowed my words when Soohyun left, going back to the hospital.

“Tch. That little prick. It was just a little hit.” Eli muttered to himself.

“It was not. A little hit doesn’t land two innocent kids in the emergency room, Eli.” He stared at me, an amused smirk on his face.

“Well, well, Dongho. Looks like you got what you wanted.” Eli just smiled insanely, cracking his neck before leaving. I was about to go after him, but Kibum hit my shoulder.

I looked to him, seeing his head shaking discreetly and his eyes motioning to Hoon and AJ who had just arrived together.

“What happened?” AJ immediately questioned me. Everyone exchanged glances to shirk away from AJ’s extreme glare. “Say something!” He yelled, making us all flinch a bit.

Even though we’ve all only met before once or twice, we can all easily say that other than Soohyun, we fear AJ the most.

“It was Eli.” Kibum said calmly.

“The blonde one?” AJ pondered, not realizing who was who. He glanced around at everyone. “He’s not here? Who else should be here?” He inquired, staring towards Kibum.

“Eunjung and Alexander are not here.” Kibum seemed to be the only one who could converse right now. Soohyun left after beating Eli. Eli just left too.” AJ breathed out, scratching his head vigorously.

“I’m going to go find the blonde one then.” Hoon bit his lips, just letting AJ go, but I knew he wanted to stop him; maybe to actually save Eli from AJ’s wrath.

I have no idea how AJ acts and behaves when upset, but after witnessing that killer glare, I don’t want to find out.

.

“Are you a family member or guardian, Sir?” An idiotic nurse kept pestering me at the front desk.

“I am the closest person she has.” The nurse stared at me, denying my entrance to the hospital room. I rolled my eyes, “I am her fiancé, Miss.”

“Oh! Does she not have any legal guardians then?” I sighed on the inside, but shook my head, pretending that she really didn’t. I believe that Mi Sun’s legal guardians are her aunt and uncle, and I remember from years ago that she told me she had a grandfather, but I will be in charge of her.

I got rid of her real parents, so I will take this role now.

“This is the room, Sir.” The nurse let me into the room, leaving when I saw Mi Sun and Kevin in the same room, both still unconscious.

I bit my lip softly, sitting next to Mi Sun somberly. I should have been there to protect her…And Kevin too; I gulped when I saw his condition.

Mi Sun was hurt, but Kevin was much worse. Mi Sun was injured; Kevin was damaged. I wonder how it really happened.

The news is that Eli attacked them in their school for some reason, but that means nothing to me until I hear what Kevin and Mi Sun witnessed.

I just felt disgusted when I saw Kevin’s image.

Because it was originally my fault.

.

Ah… I scratched my head, sitting up, looking around. I flinched back the instant I saw Soohyun.

“No need to do that…” He said simply, taking his legs off the table he was resting them on. “We need to talk.”

I blinked at him, understanding that I was in a hospital bed. Of course… “They let you in as my brother…?”

“Fiancé.”

“I guess that works too.” We both sat in silence, neither of us taking the initiative to speak.

“About Eli,” My fingers curled into the bed sheets at the name I heard, “And Kevin…” I immediately looked to my side, my vision being blocked by a curtain.

I didn’t want to, but my hands grabbed the curtain, sliding it to the side before my mind could think.

I wish I hadn’t done that, but I knew it was necessary.

.

I let my ears listen while my body didn’t want to move. My arms felt sore and I just wanted to lie here…

“I didn’t know that would happen…” Mi Sun’s voice.

“Well, it did and Kevin is the one who will be affected.” That masked guy’s voice. Of course, he would come here…

“What can I do about this…? I never ask you for this kind of advice, so… please help me today.” The way her voice sounded… I’ve never heard that kind of despairing tone from her.

“You should understand. You are not an immature girl in my memory.”

“I know…”

Footsteps to the door. “And…I’m glad you’re okay.” I swear, I heard her whimper.

“Soohyun…” I know I heard a sob this time.

“I’ll see you later, Mi Sun. Stay indoors.” A shutting of the door.

 

My eyes only opened to see a slit of vision, but I could see Mi Sun standing a few feet from me, facing the door, hands to her face.

“Mi Sun-ah.” I saw her whole body flinch before she quickly turned to me. “Your face…” Bandaged up.

“ A-And you.”

I couldn’t understand what she meant, but I knew the pain from every move was still there.

.

I don’t know what to think now… Rumors have been circulating around school. They usually say that Mi Sun’s a and her boyfriend came here, saw her with Kevin, and beat him up. That’s obviously wrong, but I can’t help but think it’s not too far off.

You just need to change the word boyfriend to something else.

“Kiseop!” A few kids came to my desk. “You’re friends with Mi Sun-ah, right?”

“Can you give her and Kevin-ah these for us?” A few girls handed me a box of something. “They’re cards and things from a lot of us!”

“Oh, okay.” A few of them looked at me with strange looks, but I just nodded and left class.

I wonder if I should go to the hospital now… Would it even be a good time?

My phone rang while my thoughts wandered. “Hello?”

“Kiseop! Your father is coming again tonight and y—” I hung up on my mother after processing the word father.

I guess I will go to the hospital tonight.

.

“A-Ah! Stop touching it!” I must have been worrying Mi Sun with my yells, but she kept touching my injuries! They hurt, alright?!

“But it’s my fault… I just want to see everything…” I let out a deep breath.

“It’s okay.”

“Don’t lie.” My fake smile was easily discovered by Mi Sun.

I noticed that she’s the only one who can see through it.

It’s rather sad and pathetic that I can even fool my own mother who should know me best.

Maybe it was okay for me to get hurt for Mi Sun then. I feel like I can already tell that I want her to be in my future.

“Are you sure this is okay…?” I let out a real smile this time, nodding my head, happily holding her hands in mine even if it hurt to do it.

That just made her start crying again…

“But even your fingers are—”

“Don’t worry about it, Mi Sun.” I smiled cheerfully, not quite understanding how the grin was real.

I feel like half of my thoughts are strange sounding and oddly phrased, but all I knew was that I wanted to see Mi Sun’s smile instead of her tears.

“Hey, try smiling for me, alright?” She nodded whole heartedly, maybe just crying inside instead of through her eyes.

“Anything you say, Kevin.”

Keep smiling and maybe we can both be happy after this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haven't updated since Januaray and it isn't even that awesome of a chapter OTL I think I'll start updating this one more hopefully, but anyways, I hope that this wasn't TOO bad after a long time. I feel like my style has changed again and I was trying to imitate the one I use in other chapters! XD