Two Sides

Don't Follow Me; It's Scary

 

“So, Mi Sun, how you been doing?” I tried to look away, but he grabbed my chin, making sure I looked into his eyes while he smirked at me. “You moved again. Troubles at school? I heard that you don’t make friends very well. I’m here for you, you know?” I hate you. I hate all you stalkers. It’s all your faults.

You people are the reason I can't make friends. The reason I’m too scared to touch people. The reason I have to restrain myself from smiling to people in fear that they could become stalkers. The reason my parents died. It’s all because of you people.

“Talk. Why aren’t you speaking?” He moved his hands to my hips, pulling me closer to him. “I missed you so much and you won’t even say a thing? What an atrocious lover.” His eyes were so frightening and the way he smiled… It’s too much. “What? Are you upset with me? Sorry~” He pressed our lips together, already being rough.

I pushed him away, thinking that he wouldn’t have a knife on him. He’s only number 3; number 1 and 2 are the most worrisome.

“What? You didn’t want it? Haha, I know what’ll cheer you up~” I reached my hand to the doorknob, trying to be as discrete as possible. He took a step closer, grabbing my wrists in one hand with his stare so close. “Yah. Mi Sun. Don’t you love me? Why are you leaving?”

“I-I wasn’t.” He pecked my forehead, shooting me a cute smile.

“Good then.” He’s so bipolar. He’s scary as hell in one second and cute the next. That’s why he rates so high on my scale of scariness; I can never predict what he’ll do. However, he’s never used weapons on me, just hands if anything violent. “Are you busy tonight? We should go on a date.”

“Ah, sorry…” I hate it when he asks this. If I say no, I'll get hurt, if I say yes, I’ll be afraid and he won’t leave until I run away somehow.

“Hey,” He brought my attention to himself, “Look at me when you talk.” Such a commanding tone…

“I’m really busy right now, with a new school and all. I’m just going to get used to everything for a while, okay?” I just have to make it a point that I’m not leaving and he’ll let me off. Number 3’s nice side is quite compromising. That’s the part I like if anything.

“Oh, really? Okay then.” He hugged me tight, pressing his lips to my forehead again. “I’ll see you… Next week maybe? Goodnight, Mi Sun.” I nodded, but he kept me between his arms. “At least say it back to me~”

“A-Ah… Goodnight, Dongho-shi.” He scoffed.

“Just Dongho is fine.”

“Y-Yeah… Night, Dongho.” He smiled, patting my head before he left. My heart rate started returning to normal as I slid my back down the door. I can’t believe that I didn’t get hurt. Dongho is really great out of the stalkers. His good side is so nice! If only he didn’t have that bad, terrifying side…

 

"Morning." I think Kevin was starting to give up on me. That's good; he should.

I didn't really listen to the class lecture and kept playing with my fingers, looking towards Kiseop. I wonder what he thinks about all day… He's always staring out the window.

Class ended and I was debating on whether to actually talk to Kiseop or not. I feel like he could help me with my problem I left instead.

I'm such a coward. I don't even have the ability to talk to people without fear.

I went down that trail to the big tree again today; wondering if Kiseop was there.

He wasn't.

 

I felt my phone buzz as I walked home. I took it out, opening it, trying not to shake. One missed call: Number 4.

I breathed out, putting the phone back in my pocket. Number 4 isn't too horrible. As long as it's not Number 1 or 2 it's fine.

Starting to walk again, a new thought crossed my mind. I should try and walk in the crowds to not stand out, just in case one of the stalkers is near by. I continued to walk until my phone buzzed again. My heart froze for a second as I read over who it was.

One new text: Number 2.

I read the text, scared for my life at this point.

You moved again? Eh~ What is that? Haha. I heard you live in the area of xxxx now. Right? Don't worry, you can't escape. I'll see you in a few days~

God. God. God. He's coming. I quickly walked towards my house. I need to get out of this place for a while or should do something! Once Number 2 finds out, it's bad enough, but then Number 1 will figure it out too. That's not a risk I can take.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I flinched, completely frozen. "Hurry up." I heard his voice. It's so comforting right now. I turned to Kiseop, his eyes widening a little. "You" I cut his sentence off, taking his hand.

"L-Let's go!" I said, keeping him closer to me today. This is so calming; knowing that there is a person who won't hurt me, or at least believing that.

"You okay?" He asked as we waited a the cross walk. I nodded quickly, probably looking like everything was going wrong instead. "Let's go then." He pulled me along with him.

 

We walked, getting closer to the more local streets. I didn't realize it until he cleared his throat, but I was holding his hand so tightly. "Ah… Sorry." I let go as my phone buzzed it my pocket. Oh God.

"You should answer." He said to me, about to leave.

"N-No, i-it's okay." I stuttered. He turned back to me, looking at me suspiciously. "S-See you t-tomorrow." He put his hand on my shoulder, pressing down. "W-What?"

"You're shaking." Of course I was. I'm terrified right now.

"I-It's because it's c-cold." I couldn't help my voice from shaking too. My phone buzzed again, making me flinch. "Bye." He started walking away as I checked my phone. Hurry up and come home! I've been waiting all day!

Number 4.

I dropped the phone in the snow, just grateful that it wasn't Number 2.

I reached from the phone, hitting someone else's hand. "Who was it?" He smiled, making me freeze. Number 2. "Are you meeting someone else~? No?" He looked up at my blank face with a grin. "Good. Come now."

He grabbed my hand, pulling me along forcefully. "You haven't been meeting with any men, right? I thought I saw you talking to a guy before. Maybe my eyes deceived me." I gulped, his hand getting so tight around mine that it hurt. "Which one it your house? I don't know yet."

"Eli-shi" He cut me off with a glare.

"Say Eli. We're not strangers." He growled in a low tone. I would rather call you Number 2 if I could "Now which street is yours?"

I can't let him know right now. Lie.

"Tell me. I'll find out where my Mi Sun lives either way~" His voice is so cheerful that it's scary. How can I lie…? There is no way without getting hurt a little.

"I-I don't live around here." He stopped, cocking an eyebrow at me.

"Why are you here then? That guy wasn't a boyfriend, was he?" I shook my head.

"I just got lost and he told me the directions from here." He yanked my arm towards him.

"Liar."