What's With You?

Don't Follow Me; It's Scary

 

"Morning." Kevin looked as I sat down at my desk after the weekend passed. I didn't bother nodding, but he came over to me again today. "You seemfrazzled?" He pointed out. I was. I spent the whole weekend with Number 2.

"I'm fine." I said, seeing Kiseop walk in.

"You sure?" He touched my shoulder, making me flinch. "Ah… Sorry." The teacher came in quickly.

We went on with his lesson, but I ran my fingers over my legs. I had covered them with stockings, but I could feel the newly forming scabs against the cloth. At least they weren't visible from the outside.

Thankfully Number 2 hadn't touched my arms, even though we wore blazers for the winter. I did have a bandage on my neck though. Luckily, my hair covered it from suspicion.

 

I started walking home. Number 2 had left, saying that he has a job. I didn't want to know what his profession was, but he hit me, saying that I should know since I was his. Apparently, he is a working as a police officer now. How ironic.

I wonder how the other stalkers liveI shouldn't care for them at all, but I can only be curious. I know that Number 1 works in a high end job somewhere and that Number 3, Dongho, works with kids, but they've never told me anything else. Maybe they're afraid that I could use it as evidence and finally get help.

They're all very tactful; making sure that I never have any microphones or recording devices on me when they come. They have to make sure that I can't get help.

 

I looked around as I walked, searching for anyone that I didn't want to meet.

"You're so slow. Hurry up." That voice again. Kiseop stood next to me. "Aren't you going home? Let's go." He pulled me by my shirt's sleeve. I almost smiled, but held it in. I lost it when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. "You never pick it up. Who is it?" Why must you be talkative today?

"No one." I said, continuing to walk with him. We got closer to the local streets and I got a bit nervous once I checked my phone after it buzzed again.

One missed call: Number 6.

Number 6 is not scary like the others. He only follows. He fits the definition of a real stalker, unlike the others. They can also be defined as abusers.

"Are youokay?" Kiseop asked me.

"Uh, yeah, fine." My phone buzzed again and Kiseop stopped.

"Just answer it; the vibrating is annoying."

"No. I'll see you tomorrow." I said as we reached the fourth street.

I kept walking, wondering why Kiseop doesn't say anything in class; he can talk. Maybe he just doesn't want to associate with people, like me.

 

I took a deep breath, continuing to walk, turning onto my street. "Eh, Mi Sun-ah!" I froze, not being able to move when I was turned by the shoulder. "Do you live around here? I didn't know. Ah, was I too sudden? You look surprised haha." It was just Kevin.

"Yah! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I yelled at him, so freaked out. He looked at me, very surprised, but with a huge smile.

"So, you do talk loudly~ And here I thought you didn't like to speak at all haha." I shouldn't be talking to you. "So, you live on this street? That one's my house." He pointed to the third house on the street. "Which one's yours?" I pointed down the street. "Which one? I can walk you back." He took the initiative and led me down the street. Aish. what if someone's there?!

"Oh, so it's the last one." He glanced at me as we reached my place.

"Yeah. See you tomorrow."

"I'm really happy that we were able to talk~ Bye." He left and I made sure that he was out of sight before I opened the door.

Silence.

Thank God.

 

"Good morning, Mi Sun-ah." I stared out to his peaceful eyes as I opened my door. "I saw you the other day and thought I should come say hello." Number 6.

"A-Ah, yeah." He's fast. His half-closed eyes looked sleepy, but he smiled softly.

"Are you going to school? I can walk you over."

"No, it's okay D-Don't you have to go to work?"

"I have today off. So, are you doing well?" I walked down the wooden steps from my house to the snow covered ground.

"Yeah. H-How about you?" He smiled brightly even with his sleepy looking eyes.

"Good." I started walking and he followed next to me. This may be the only good thing about my stalkers. Number 6 is very polite and like a normal person. He just follows me everywhere when he sees me. He smiles to me sweetly, like a high school crush, and he isn't scary like some of the others. I can almost see him as my only friend… How sad.

 

"So, are you making new friends at school?" He asked.

"I don't need friends."

"Ah… I'm a friend, right?" I looked at him. "Well, I mean, you don't need to lie if I'm not a friend in your mind." I laughed a little. I can see Number 6 as a friend, I think.

"You're a friend." He smiled shyly at my answer.

"Thank you, Mi Sun-ah." We reached the school and I started walking in. "Ah, Mi Sun-ah." I turned back to him. "I won't be able to see you for a whileI hope you make more friends!" His sleepy eyes made him look cute when he grinned. I smiled a little.

"I guess. I'll see you another time then." He pat my head for a second. "Bye, Hoon-ah." He smiled at the mention of his name, leaving quickly.

If I ever had to talk to one of my stalkers, it would be Hoon. I can see him as a friend, kind of. He actually cares like a normal person.

 

"Morning, Mi Sun-ah." Kevin said to me as I sat down. The class was talking a little quieter today, a group of girls staring at me.

"Morning." There were whispers among the group of girls that Kevin had walked over from.

"So… We were all just wondering… Was that your boyfriend?"

"What?"

"Ahhmm… The guy who was with you at the gate. Was he your boyfriend? He didn't have a uniform." The girls' eyes were all on me and even some other people in the class.

"No. He's my…friend."

"Oh. Okay then." The teacher came in and as class went on, I noticed that Kiseop's eyes were glancing towards me a little. I stared when he looked back out the window.

Class ended and I saw Kiseop stay back today, just looking out the window still. I wonder if he notices that class has ended. I walked around the campus today, wasting some time before I went to the main gate. I stopped, wondering if Kiseop had gone home yet. I don't know why this thought came to mind, but I went back to class, seeing him with his head on his desk, his eyes open and depressed.

 

"Kiseop-ah?" I said, approaching him in the empty classroom. The sun was already setting. He should go home now. "Kiseop-ah." I shook his shoulder, getting his eyes to look towards me in one swift movement. He sat up, making me retract my hand. "Aren't you going home?" I asked.

"Yeah." His eyes looked very upset… Was it because I disturbed him?

My phone buzzed in my pocket again. I took it out, seeing the caller ID. This must have set him off. He slammed his hands on his desk, standing up and staring into my eyes. "Give me your phone." He said lowly.

"W-What?" I asked. His glare was so intense.

"Let me see it."

"No."

"Hand it over."

"No." Who the hell does he think he is?! He scoffed, pushing me against his desk while he snatched the phone from my hand. "Yah!" I grabbed it back, but not for very long. He held it, running out of the room with his bag.