Let Me In

Don't Follow Me; It's Scary

 

What the hell is wrong with him?! I ran after him, even resorting to chasing him outside. He ran down the path to that big tree and I knew that it was just a dead end. I ran faster, seeing him quicken too. I huffed a little. He's fit.

He reached the big tree, throwing his bag on the ground as he started to climb. What the?! By the time I had gotten over there, he was already up in the tree, inspecting at my phone.

"Hey, what's your password?" He asked while I caught my breath.

"Like I would tell you." I retorted, getting a glare from him.

"Say it or else you can't leave with it."

"What's your problem?! We aren't even friends! Why do you want to even look in it!" He averted his eyes, looking sad.

"Just tell me."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

"No."

"I'll have to guess then." He fiddled around with it. He'll never figure it out. The password was someone I used to trust. Someone who I now despise. Someone who I can never forget no matter what. And someone who keeps following me. "Is it a guy?"

"Just give up and throw it down."

"No." His face looked like he was fighting something. Why is this even happening? I thought he was the type to not bother with others.

He kept trying for a while, sighing out of frustration.

"Just tell me!" He screamed at me.

"Why do you want to know?!" I yelled back.

"Do you know how you look?! You always look afraid or scared and you never answer your phone! It's obvious that something is wrong!"

"Well, that's not it!" I lied. "And why do you care so much?!" He stayed silent.

"Fine. Go." He threw the phone down and I, thankfully, caught it. He stayed in the tree, his arms crossed.

"What? Are you upset now?" I almost mocked him. He scoffed, flipping his hair out of his face.

"Yeah right. You're just an idiot." Tch. And I even thought you looked good today. I turned starting to walk, hearing him jump down from the tree. "Let's go." He put his arm around my shoulder. Whoa, whoaHe's weird, but I didn't push his arm away.

 

We walked, him keeping his arm around me. "So, you have a boyfriend? The one from this morning."

"What? No. He's my friend."

"Is that so?" Kiseop is a weirdo. I doubt he likes me, he's just being weird.

"What about you? No girlfriend?"

"Yup. You should be careful."

"Huh?"

"You always walk outside alone at night when it's almost pitch black. You seem to only have one friend; male. You're always jittery. It sounds like someone is bothering you through the phone. And worst of all, it's obvious that someone is following you."

My jaw dropped at this sudden conversation.

"He's probably watching now too. Don't look." I stood still, more freaked out by what Kiseop was spouting rather than a stalker. "You have a stalker. You should be more careful. Did you not realize?" He asked, belittling me. I cleared my throat, continuing to walk.

"Is this what you do?" I whispered. "Observing people silently? That's pretty stalkerish, you know?" He smirked a little.

"He's pretty good though. I'm sure if I hadn't seen him on the first day we walked together, I wouldn't have noticed at all."

"What does he look like?" Whoever it is, they've been there since last week, and the first day I came to school.

"I'll try not to look again, but he has brown hair and looks older than you. Ring any bells?" A lot of the guys have brown hair and the majority of them are older by a year of two. Hoon is the youngest, I believe, and he's only a year older than me, barely. "So? Do you think you know him? I was right, correct?"

"We can finish this conversation at school." I said sternly.

"Does he follow you home?"

"What?"

"Your house. Does he show up?"

"I said, we'll talk tomorrow." I repeated myself.

"No. How long has he been stalking you? Does he ever try and force things on you? Does he even talk to you? Does he show up at any time? Does he touch you? Does he"

"Would you stop!" I yelled at him. "Why do you even care so much?!"

"Because I have experience with stalkers and don't want anything bad to happen to others!"

"You were stalked?" How hard to believe. I guess he could be; he looks very handsome and it's not like you have to be good looking to be stalker anyway. He stayed silent, looking down a little.

"My little sister"

"Oh…Sorry."

"She was only in elementary school" He looked so upset, like he could cry. I squeezed his shoulder, seeing his lip quiver. "She was taken. I don't want others to go through that." I wanted to ask more, but could see that he would cry if he went on. "Does he go to your home?" He asked, regaining himself.

"Sometimes." I didn't tell him that I had more than one stalker.

"Then you do know what he looks like?" I bit my lip, thinking of the three guys with brown hair. Number 6, who was Hoon, Number 5, and Number 1. I hope it's just Hoon again.

"Describe him more." He thought for a second.

"He was smirking a lot and looked kind of cool yet dangerous when I saw him. Ah, he wore a cold mask one time, but I couldn't get a good look without staring." My heart stopped for a second before I forced a breath in. Number 1. It has to be him, for sure.

"When was the last time you saw him?" I asked.

"MmmI think on Friday? Does he follow you often?" He just stared at me for a while. I was having a panic attack on the inside. He said that he saw him the first day I went to school. Number 1 has been watching me the whole time.

He's not the type to just come at me like Eli or Dongho, he will wait. He'll make sure I'm about to scream from every casual poke, being scared for my life, before coming. He will wait until my pour soul wants to jump out.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked. "You… Do you want to come to my house?" Like I would ever do that. One, I still don't trust people, and two, that's so dangerous; what if Number 1 came? He would definitely get violent. He's not afraid to kill. I know that the best.

 

"Hey, answer." I snapped out of my thoughts. If I can call anyone at all, it would be Hoon and he's a stalkerI am gaining a bit of trust for him though. He seems okay. I can't believe I'm even thinking about this, but I might actually call him up.

"I have someone who I can stay with, I think."

"That's good then. Do you live alone?"

"Yeah. My parents have already passed away."

"I didn't ask. Don't you have to stay with relatives by law?"

"They are my legal guardians, but we don't live together." They all think that I'm the reason my parents died; they are right.

It's all my fault. And Number 1's.