Our Reputation

Don't Follow Me; It's Scary

Readers, so I finally indeed am updating this story! I have so many more to update, but I promised that I would update all of them since people literally requested me to update all of them OTL. Anyway, warning, my style over the past year has changed drastically, and even this chapter isn't detailed enough. I definitely just wanted all of you to have this chapter before I get writing on the next one. I really, really hope you guys enjoy it! >____< Let me know if you have any thoughts of criticism! Thanks for reading and sticking with me ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Can we just get out of here, Mi Sun?” Kevin just wanted to go home and face everyone. It would take so much to explain this to the school, classmates, and more importantly, his family. The kid was literally handicapped at this point, physically and mentally. Things couldn't be unseen. Or unexperienced for that matter. And yet, Mi Sun shook her head, insisting that he stay in the hospital longer. The boy sighed rather loudly before motioning for her to come stand in front of him while he sat.

She did as told, her face being cupped by his damaged hands. That only made her heart twinge with guilt once again. “Kevin…” He shook his head rather quickly, regretting that motion since every muscle in his body ached. “Look, Mi Sun,” He began his sentence carefully, having thought this one through. “We’re both going to go to our homes. I’m going to tell my mom this was a freak incident, and that a maniac did this to me.” Mi Sun was slowly shaking her head, tears resurfacing and running down her cheeks. Kevin couldn’t do this. He couldn’t take some random blame for something Mi Sun had caused.

“I’m so sorry.” The words continuously came out in whispers from the female, her eyes shutting in pain because the tears could not be stopped at this point. “No, it’s not your fault, Mi Sun.” Of course it was her fault. That much was obvious, but in a way it was also Kevin’s turn to take the blame. Mi Sun had only ventured into the hallway this morning because of those girls bullying her; something that Kevin caused.

“I’m sure I’ll have a good story to tell my kids.” Kevin was trying to keep things lighthearted, waving his hands in front of his friend’s face with a smile. He quickly hugged Mi Sun’s head into his arms because he knew she would start blubbering again, and really, was that going to help either of them? It was true that Mi Sun rarely showed her emotions like this, but still. Kevin didn’t need to be pitied. What happened, happened. At the end of the day, Kevin was missing his index, middle, and thumb fingers on both hands. It would definitely be a hard life to adjust to, but he’d figure out a way.

He was just trying to be positive even if he was horrified by the memories he’d caught over the past day. The poor guy had witness a man by the name of Eli rushing at him with a knife in hand. Kevin had just located Mi Sun ducked behind a bush during his search for the girl. He was trying to find her to make sure no pranks were being played on her, and he ended up saving her life. He quickly crouched next to her during the moment, not thinking that she could be hiding from something much worse than some mean school girls.

He spotted the blonde stalker. The man’s stare was no joke; it frightened Kevin, and to think about the absolute fear he saw on the target’s face was too much, and Mi Sun had been sitting next to him. Kevin told Mi Sun to run. He told her to get out of the area while she could. To go find someone that could help them right now. He planned on hitting Eli in the temple with a heavy stone he’d picked up. Even if Kevin got hurt, he was confident that he could land one good blow to the stalker’s crazed head.

But the situation had been reversed on them.

Eli was watching over them, a grim expression causing both students to turn white within seconds. The maniac lifted a large knife up, Kevin’s eyes widening fully. The adrenaline must have kicked in; he understood that this was a life or death situation and that they needed to get out immediately. What are you doing?! Get the hell out of here!” The scream still rung in Mi Sun’s ears as he impaled the other with the stone he’d still been holding.

It did just about nothing to the rough man standing over him. And the second Mi Sun was forced to run, Eli gritted his teeth. If she won’t pay and be with me, you will. The shrieks and shrill, blood curdling screeches didn’t end for minutes on end, but no one heard them.

Eli had already beaten the boy and removed limbs he deemed necessary for a good life. The man was so crazed; he really did keep the fingers with him, letting the thick blood stain his fingernails with the flesh stored in his pocket that was soaked red. His brain was far past proper intellectual capacity. He was a man turned maniac. All for his obsession with a woman who everyone seemed to want.

Was that real reason so many people liked Mi Sun? Because someone else wanted her? Perhaps. Soohyun was always a fool for her love while Dongho was his close friend. The two fought and fought for her, but it was all just friendly. They mutually agreed to let the best man win. And neither of them did. As they met Eli, he saw Mi Sun What a plain Jane, he thought to himself on sight of the young girl. But everyone wanted her. She was the object he needed by his side to make him the best. The best, most popular, whatever it was. Eli couldn’t even really know if that was the reason he was so crazy about /having/ Mi Sun. But it was one that his distorted brain remembered. 

 

Mi Sun had finally gathered herself together before she stood straight. “Let’s go then.” Kevin nodded with a smile, hopping to his feet before quickly stumbling into the arms Mi Sun reached out. “I guess it’ll take a bit of support…” She mumbled the words to herself before keeping an arm around Kevin’s shoulders so he could walk more easily. Eli really hadn’t spared the poor boy with that beating. Just about every limb of his was layered with bruises varying in darkness. “I’ll explain to your mom what happened.” Mi Sun suddenly spoke up as she got them both discharged from the hospital front desk. There were still the medical fees to handle… The young woman was just about to get to that. Maybe they could find a way to pay this off with loans, or something. She could not afford even one hour in this place.

“No need to worry about it.” Mi Sun jumped slightly when she felt the arm around her waist. It was comforting once she looked up at the man beside them. “I’ll cover the bill.” Mi Sun knew that Soohyun had plenty of money in his bank cards that she didn’t argue. She needed to take his help in this case. “Are you two going home like this? At least let me take both of you back.” Soohyun knew that Mi Sun would always be under his care, and he could already see that Mi Sun would make sure to take care of Kevin for life after this. It was her fault the boy was now brutally handicapped. She wouldn’t let Kevin get away even if he tried. She needed to repay him for it all.

Soohyun took both the students home, stopping at Kevin’s house as he saw other cars outside the building. “School authorities and police no doubt… I think this is where I’ll have to leave you, Kevin.” The student nodded with a small smile since Soohyun had actually helped him. And the best part was that the man wasn’t wearing that black mask of his. His mouth and nose were visible for once to Kevin. He would have plenty on his hands once he entered that hell house.

Mi Sun and Soohyun continued down the snow covered street to her house. “You should really leave this place.” Like that would help anything. “I want you to stay with me, Mi Sun.” The young woman actually scoffed at that before speaking her mind. “I know you think you have some responsibility over me, but you don’t have to do a damn thing. You killed my parents and think that you can come into my life and protect me all of a sudden? That’s a load of bull. You’re the whole reason this all happened to me! The reason all of those people are following me around and hurting me!” Soohyun just waited for Mi Sun to blow all that steam off before he decided to do one thing.

He pulled the girl close to him by the arm, hugging her warmly in his arms. “N-No. Get away.” She chanted out, trying to push out of his firm grip. “Stop it. Stop it…” Her voice weakened, cracking in the middle of her words. Soohyun simply kept her in his truly loving hold. He’d always felt so much for her. Yes, it was an obsession, but he realized his wrongs. He knew what he’d done to her was so beyond unacceptable.

Soohyun and Dongho had both fought over the girl throughout their junior and senior years, and Soohyun had developed a little more than just feelings for the girl. He wanted to win more than anything. That’s how his obsession became what it is. Soohyun’s mind was wrong; it told him to delete everyone around Mi Sun that she could go to. That way she would only end up in his arms. He was a trustworthy sunbae who everyone knew cared for the girl.

No one ever suspected him to be the murder of her parents. It was something that suddenly hit him and occurred on impulse. Their house burned because of him. He was just ‘a friend passing by to see the flames.’ That’s how the story was told to the police. It’s not like anyone could tell that he set the fire. There were only two witnesses who lived; Soohyun and Mi Sun.

“Now… Come live with me, Mi Sun. I’ll make sure you never get hurt again.” He promised her the world if she would come with him. “I love you so much… I made so many mistakes, and I know I’m a bastard for it. I know that you want to kill me deep down. But I want you to be safe. Live with me.” Mi Sun shook her head again with tears in . “Mi—”

“Fine. Make it up to me. Make sure that they all stop following me. Don’t let anyone hurt Kevin, or Kiseop. You have to do it.” That was all she said before moving out of his grip and walking to her doorstep. “Do that, and… I’ll live with you.” The girl unlocked her door while Soohyun couldn’t hide a soft smile from coming to his face. It was an expression quickly erased when he realized something. Mi Sun wasn’t scared to enter her house right now. Wrong decision.

 

“Wait!” Soohyun broke out into a dash to the girl before she could probably even process his request. In the same moment, the door burst open, a dagger being towards Mi Sun. Her eyes widened. No one would be able to react in time. This was it? Was she going to die so easily? That’s when she was tackled out of the way and off to the side by a force to great to withstand. A few drops of blood stained the snow and sank into the icy crevices around them. Soohyun was breathless to see Eli fall forward from a lunge that missed Mi Sun’s torso.

The girl was lying under another man who had rescued her, the knife only having lightly scratched past his thick layer of clothes and just slightly into his skin. “Geez, you never learn…” The boy spoke softly towards Mi Sun who was still in a panic. She looked back to see her savior, and then in horror to see Eli with his knife repositioned, lifting it gather power to stab the sharp metal into Hoon’s skull.

“Hoon!” That’s the only word she could scream out when Soohyun attacked Eli into the house, refusing to let this event happen. Hoon was up to his feet quickly, jumping into the fight, creating a pile of men battling. “Don’t you dare touch them!” The words fell from Soohyun’s lips in a way that Mi Sun would never forget. Such anger, such passion behind them. She had to let them fight, fingers shaking as she speedily dialed for the police from her cell phone. She could barely hear the faint shattering off one of her windows inside.

Eli had no idea, still struggling against both men. “You think you can get out of this one too, Soo?! She’s always been mine! Mind your own ing business!” He kneed Hoon off of him, immediately retracting his arm back in a stabbing motion when two other bodies came into the battle.

It was beyond scary to everyone else how those two extra pair of hands just happened to come in through the window. Those four hands really made a difference. This was not the time to around. The men all fought together. Everyone was there. They weren’t stalkers for nothing. What kind of reputation would they all have if they didn’t know of the situation at hand?

Kibum and Alexander were struggling to restrain Eli. The man was a serious powerhouse that could bulldoze both men down in an instant. While their struggle continued, Hoon escaped the mess of bodies in that house. He grabbed Mi Sun’s arm, another grip coming to hold onto the student's arm. Eunjung made her appearance in this way, making sure that Mi Sun was safe away from Eli. They could not have the girl getting killed by that deranged maniac. Not while they were around. Another man passed by them, calmly walking with hands balled into fists within his pockets. “Stay here and don’t ing move.” Dongho spoke seriously with a lethal tone in his voice as he went onwards to join the brawl.

AJ marched right past everyone outside and inside, gripping Eli’s shoulders with an aura no one would be able to forget. The other men clearly backed off from one look at AJ. Punch after punch to the face of the already weakened Eli crunched through the environment's air. Crack. Crack. Crack. AJ didn't stop with a hint of mercy or control, no one daring hold back the fighter. The destroyed man was just about unconscious at this point, police sirens only making his head spin faster. Blood ran down the beat man’s face, flowing all throughout the crevices of his now dark red teeth. As the police ran into the house, no words were even spoken.

What next?