Your Name Is... I Forget

Don't Follow Me; It's Scary

“Hello. My name is Mi Sun. I just moved here, please take care of me.” I spoke to the room full of teenagers gawking at me. They talked amongst themselves as I sat down in an empty desk. I heard things like, She’s so cute! and Wah~ So pretty, and even I call dibs!

I know I’m a little pretty, but they could at least be more discrete about their thoughts. I’m the new girl here. I just moved here because of problems with stalkers. I tell people it’s because of my dad’s job, while my parents aren't even alive anymore. It’s… It’s complicated, but I’d rather just not think about it.

As the teacher started teaching the class, a boy opened the door, walking in late.

“Kiseop, detention again.” The teacher sighed.

He looked like the type of person to kick a desk and curse at the teacher, but he just sat down. He looked quite mysterious, the way he stared out the window like he did.

The teacher lectured for a few hours until it was lunch break.

As he left, many boys instantly came up to me.

“Hi I’m _____. I’m ______, you’re so cute! Don’t bother with him! I’m ______, nice to meet you, beautiful!” They all talked at once, I acted interested, but I didn’t even pay attention to their names. I don’t plan on associating with the people here.

I looked towards the mysterious boy; he still looked out the window. He didn’t come over like the others. He’s better than the them already.

 

Another boy came up to me, not introducing himself, but handing me a cookie. I looked up at him.

He had brown hair and a cute face. He held the cookie out to me, waiting for me to take it. All the other boys watched my face, trying to see my reaction. Even the girls in the class went quiet. I took it, confused by everyone’s silence.

“NOOOOO!” The boys cried suddenly. “YAH! Kevin! Who told you to come over?!” They screamed.

“Eh... Did I do something wrong?” the cookie boy genuinely asked.

“Of course! You and your kind personality win over all the girls’ every time!”

“I just thought she didn’t have a lunch.” He said. Well he wasn’t wrong… How weird, he wasn’t trying to hit on me he just was being kind. How refreshing.

All the guys punched him in the arms playfully. After they all stopped, he came in front of me.

“My name is Kevin. If you need any help or just a friend, feel free to talk to me.” He went back to a group of girls.

“Tch. That player!” The boys screamed. He didn’t seem like a player, but a nice guy. I ate the cookie he gave me. It was cold, but felt warm for some reason. I guess I just don’t eat that much.

The teacher came back after lunch, lecturing until school ended.

 

All the boys came back to me, but I quietly left. Some followed, trying to make passes at me. After they understood I wasn’t interested, they all left. It was snowing outside. I love the snow; it’s so cold and soft. It’s much better than my usual homes.

I walked around the school grounds, coming to a courtyard. There was a trail lined with leafless trees. I walked down in, wondering if there was anything at the end.

I came to a giant tree at the end of the trail. It was huge. I looked up, seeing a body lounging within the branches. It was that mysterious boy….What was his name again? That’s not important. He noticed me and stared down at my face. I stared back, saying nothing. He closed his eyes and I left.

On my way to my new home, I walked through the streets packed with people. Someone grabbed my arm. How unoriginal.

“Hey cutie, want to go have fun with us?” There were 4 people. I can handle 3 easily, but 4 is a bit tough. The man pulled my arm towards him, smiling.

I kicked him the stomach. He fell to the ground. Men can be so uninteresting. It’s always just action and reaction. Do they expect ladies not to hit them when they do stupid things?

“Yah. Who do you think you are, kicking our leader?” The other men stepped up. One threw a punch, I caught it, twisting his arm back so hard, and he also knelt to the ground. The other two grabbed me. This is just too easy. Suddenly someone smashed their heads together, leaving them in a daze on the ground.

I looked to see who it was. It was that mysterious boy; whatever his name was.