Trust

Don't Follow Me; It's Scary

"We'll I'll see you tomorrow. I shouldn't be seen with a guy." I said. He understood, nodding as he maneuvered his way through the crowd.

I sighed. I can't believe that Kiseop was so...analytical. I didn't think this would happen. But he said that someone is following me right now, just watching. It's definitely Number 1 and I may actually have to leave this town for a while. I'll come back, since I just transferred here, but I should lay low.

I took out my phone, looking through my few numbers:

Number 8

Number 7

Number 6

Number 5

Number 4

Number 3

Number 2

Number 1

Aunt

Uncle

Grandfather

 

I mentally crossed out Numbers 1 through 4, debating about the others. I should change Number 6 to Hoon. I did, calling him in the process. He's the only one I really trust, if at all.

"Hello?" He answered with a confused tone.

"Hoon-ah..." I said quietly.

"Yes, Mi Sun-ah. Is something wrong? For you to actually call..."

"Yes...C-Can I stay with you for a while?" I asked, nervously.

"Aahhmm..............." There was such a long pause. "Where are you right now?"

"A street in the city."

"Okay. You can come, but please don't bother my roommate."

"You live with someone?" I never knew.

"Yeah...he's kind of a hot head, so as long as you don't bother him, It'll be fine."

"Okay, where do you live...?" I really don't know, or maybe I don't remember.

"I can come get y"

"No! I'll just come!" If he came then Number 1 might do something.

"Uh, okay. I live at xxxx xxxxxxx. When are you coming? Then I'll know when to be at home." I should probably just go today. I'm really freaked out to go home now.

"Today. Can you stay up a little to unlock the door for me?"

"Of course. See you then." I took a deep breath, walking towards the bus station. The trip was about an hour long, but it was probably well worth it. I cautiously looked around on the bus I was on, making sure that no one I knew was there. Thankfully, there wasn't.

 

I called Hoon again, asking for his exact address to find the house. He told me and I kept walking, finally finding it.

I knocked on the door, looking out to Hoon as he opened it. "Come in." He smiled a little, leading me inside. "So, is something wrong? You never even call me."

"Well, Number 1 is close."

"What?"

"Ah, I mean there is a stalker." I accidentally used their numbers again. I always just refer to them as numbers.

"Ooo...a stalker..."

"You were one too."

"What? No...I was just a follower. I've seen you with cuts before; they hurt you."

"Yeah, anyway, I see you as...a friend and you are the only person I have..."

"That sounds so sad, Mi Sun-ah..."

"It is..."

"Well, you can sleep in my room. Just, once again, don't say anything to my roommate. He gets angry very easily."

"Yeah, it's no problem." We both lay down, me on the bed and him on the floor. He's such a gentleman...it's almost unrealistic that he's one of my stalkers.

I'm sure that he fell asleep easily, but I kept fidgeting around.

"Mi Sun-ah, please be more quiet." He suddenly whispered.

"S-Sorry. I can't sit still."

"Are you scared?" Hoon asked me twice, but I stayed silent both times. Yes, I'm a coward. He got up, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Don't worry..." He pat my head, but I knew that I should worry. "Do you want me to confront this person?" I shook my head. I would never send anyone against Number 1, not even someone I hated. "Then scoot over."

He lay next to me, still patting my head. It was actually comforting when he moved his body closer to mine, leaving only a small space in between.

"I can help you, if you let me that is." I almost started crying. The word help was beautiful.

"Hoon-ah." I whimpered, taking his hand in mine. He smiled a little, still patting my head with his other hand. "Thank you." I let tears fall, him wiping them away with his fingers.

"It's okay to cry." He said, putting an arm around me. "I'm here to wipe them haha." I hugged him tight around the waist. This is the first time I've trusted anyone. I hope it won't go in vain.

 

"Morning." Hoon said, shaking me awake.

"Ah, good morning." I said, yawning quietly. I tried getting up, but he grabbed my arm. We just stared at each other for a moment.

"Do you have to go to school today?" He asked.

"No. I called in sick."

"Oh...then goodnight again." He said, turning over." Hm? "It's only four in the morning."

"What?! Why bother waking someone up that early?!" He got up, putting his hand over my mouth.

"Sh!! Are you trying to make my roommate mad?!" He yelled in whispers. "I thought that you might need to take a bus back to your home, so I woke you up early. And, by the way, your phone has been vibrating a lot; I shut it off."

"Ah, really...?" I grabbed my phone off the ground, turning it back on. One new text message: Unknown.

An unknown number? I checked the message. Mi Sun-ah, you shouldn't come home today, okay! I saw that guy again. He was wearing a black trench coat, but he didn't actually look very suspicious, more like stylish...anyway, don't come home tonight!

This was received at around 8 pm yesterday. I'm guessing, by the topic, that it's from Kiseop. I wonder how he got my number...maybe a teacher gave it to him or something? That doesn't make sense...

"Is something wrong?" Hoon asked me, trying to go back to sleep, but looking towards me.

"Kind of...Number 1 went to my house yesterday." I said unconsciously.

"Number 1...? You said that last time too. Who is this?"

"Ah, just someone."

"Your stalkers...? Am I a number too?" I looked at him, smiling a little.

"You're Number 6."

"Wah...does that mean you had five other people stalking you before me? Not that I stalk you." He added with a sweet smile. I laughed a little, trying to be quiet.

"No~ I rank my stalkers. 1 being the scariest and most violent to 8 being the nicest or least scary." He frowned.

"So I'm just 6...? I'm not that nice?"

"Actually, I made your rank before I really got to know you better, so I just put you somewhere in the middle. But, I did change your name on my phone." I said with a smile. "You're the only stalker with a name rather than a number."

"Really?" He smiled wide as I nodded. "How nice~"

"So, is this roommate of yours super mean or something? You make him sound like an angry bull, ready to destroy things." He laughed, covering his mouth to be more quiet.

"That's pretty much him; upset, angry, mean, violent. I'm sure he has a nice side, but I've just seen his mad and normal side. But, anyway, we should eat something. It may only be 4 am, but now I'm hungry haha." I agreed, the two of us going outside the room. "I'm going to go to the bathroom, just wait in the kitchen." He left while I maneuvered my way, attempting to find the kitchen.

I hit small tables with my feet and his couch twice. I sighed. I don't want to turn on the light, in case his roommate wakes up, and I don't want to trip. Why does it have to be so dark in the winter for mornings?!

I kept walking, hitting something less sturdy this time. Aish! His roommate.

"Eh..." I heard a deeper voice and a hand on my head. It swiped the hair out of my face, cupping it in a pair of soft hands. "Mi Sun?"

Number 5.