Be ma girl

The Love Polygon

Chapter 6

No one's POV

Eileen was standing outside the mall, waiting for her bestfriends to arrive after buying starbucks coffee for all three of them. It was 11.15 am, they planned to meet at 11.30 am. But Eileen being a punctual person, came 15 minutes earlier. She was playing her phone while waiting. Browsing through her photo albums, Eileen saw L.Joe's pictures. She thought of what Katy told her yesterday.

'Do i like L.joe? When Katy said he was interested in me, my heart-'

"HI EILEEEEEEN!" Her train of thoughts was cut off by Katy's scream which had came from the other side of the road.

Eileen smiled and waited for Katy and Ameline to crossed the road and handed them their coffee. Together, they walked to the nearby park to catch up on the latest gossip.


"Hyung! Isn't that the girl we met at starbucks yesterday?" Ricky asked. (AN: Italic = Korean)

Immediately, everyone's head snapped towards the direction Ricky was pointing at. L.joe, in hopes of meeting the girl that had kicked his shin and Jonghwan, in hopes of meeting the girl who had taken his heart with her when she left.


"OMO! Eileen, look! Teen Top and 100%!" Katy pointed, waving at a group of 13 boys wearing long-sleaved shirts, caps and scarfs.

Ricky waved back. L.joe turned and caught Eileen's eyes.

'OH.. L.joe.' Eileen thought. Then, not giving a second thought, she grabbed Katy and Ameline's hands and started running in the opposite direction. 

"YAH! What are you doing? LET GO OF ME!" Katy and Ameline struggled against Eileen's grip. The strengths of the duo are preventing Eileen running away from the boy she never wanted to meet again. She turned back and prayed that none of the top brothers are following. But to her utmost disappointment, L.joe and Jonghwan are catching up.


Katy's POV

Eileen needs to stop running away from boys everytime she starts to fall in love with them. I know she likes L.joe. And I know she has been hurt by love before, and because of that she's scared of loving again and runs away from love everytime. It hurts me to see her like this, building up a wall of steel around her and turning cold towards the boys she starts to fall for. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Although she doesnt tell anybody, Ameline and I know that she is doing this to protect her self from hurting after loving the wrong boys. Her fear of loving is stopping her from finding her happiness and i dont want that at all. L.joe needs to help her overcome her fear of love. I looked towards Ameline for confirmation and we both nodded our heads and decided it's time for her to love again.

"LET GO OF ME!" We shouted at Eileen while trying to rip our hand away from her grip. Ameline, being a strong fighter, easily freed herself from Eileen's grip, on the other hand, me, being a leftie was failing and breathless already. Using the last ounce of strength i had in my right arm, I yanked my hand away from Eileen's grip. 

Because the force was too great, i got thrown off balance. I braced myself for the fall.

"Oof." I never reached. Instead I was lying on something that had wrapped its warm hands around me.

Slowly, I opened my eyes and the first thing I noticed was L.joe hugging Eileen. 'Aw....' A smile crept up my face.

Then i realized something. I'm still lying on somebody's rock hard chest.

Immediately, I stood up and reached out to help the person that had caught me get up.

That person just so happens to be my favourite guy out of everyone that gathered here. He stood close to me. I blushed.

His intense gaze made me blush even harder. "I... I uh... It's It's um... It's...ITHINKLIKEYOU!" Jonghwan blurted out.

"H-huh?" I asked, not really comprehending what he was saying.

"It...It's um... I... uh... Its...like this... It's I... It's...I think it's...L-love ATFIRSTSIGHT!"

I blinked. W-what? D-did i heard that wrongly?

"Y-you um... would you um... B-be... B-be... BEMYGIRLFRIEND?"

I blinked again. He... likes me?

"W-well.. I-It's okay i-if you dont l-like me back," Jonghwan started. "I know I-I have to go b-back to Korea after this fan meet in Singapore is over a-and i wont be able to see you again, b-but I was thinking, maybe you would be my girl for this t-trip?"

I blinked stupidly AGAIN. Then, the words finally sinked in. My face felt like fire. H-he actually wants me to be his g-girlfriend? well, not girlfriend really, probably just like a holiday lover for this trip only. That's all. I debated with myself. Just holiday love wouldn't hurt right? So, i nodded my head.

His eyes widened. "REALLY?" He picked me up and twirled me in the air, giggling.

"S-stop it. You're embarrassing me."

Still giggling, he put me down and set his forehead onto mine, gazing into my eyes


L.joe's POV

"EILEEN!" I shouted, catching her hand and then pulling her into a hug. "Don't run away like that."

"LET GO OF ME!" Eileen said through her teeth.

*Flashback* (A/N: ITALIC = KOREAN)

"L.joe, there's a call for you." Jonghwan-Hyung told me while handing his phone over.

"Hello?"

"Hi L.joe Oppa!" I recgonised the voice as Katy's.

"Hi."

"Um... I have something to tell you..." Katy said, sounding serious. Completely different from the tone she used when she greeted me.

"What? You've fallen for me?" I joked.

"YAH! ARROGANT POODLE" She screamed into the phone, using the nickname Eileen gave me when i first met her. "IM TRYING TO BE SERIOUS HERE."

"Okay okay, what issit? Seesh. You don't need to scream in the phone do you?"

"Well, the thing is... You like Eileen, don't you? Sadly, Eileen's scared of falling in love..." Katy started explaining the whole thing to L.joe, then spent the rest of the night planning on how to bring Katy out of her phobia on the phone...

"BUT., BEFORE  I HANG UP, YOU MUST PROMISE ME TO NOT EVER HURT EILEEN IN ANYWAY." Katy threatened. "IF YOU CANT KEEP YOUR PROMISE DON'T EVEN THINK OF WOOING HER OR I'LL MAKE SURE YOU'LL NEVER GET THE CHANCE TO REPRODUCE. Understood?"

"Y-yes" boy, that girl sure has a menacing side to her.

"Good. See you tomorrow! Byeee!" and Katy hung up using a light tone to bid L.joe goodbye.

*End flashback*

I grabbed Eileen's wirst and pulled her away from the public eye to a secluded place.

"LET GO OF ME!" Eileen continued struggling.

"NO. LISTEN TO ME."

Eileen's tears fell.

"DAMMIT. Eileen, just listen to me" I said again, softer this time, upon seeing her tear stained face.

She didn't stuggle anymore. She just stood there, covered her face and cried.

"Eileen..." I reached out to caress her cheek. She just slapped my hand away.

"Eileen..." I tried again. "I know you've been hurt before. I know you never want to fall in love again in fear of a broken heart... But will you just give me this one chance to love you and have you return me the same feeling back? I'm not dating anyone right now. A-and i know you like me back, so... why won't you give me the chance?"

"YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE PAIN IVE BEEN THROUGH WHEN HE DUMPED ME!" Eileen shouted at me."I THOUGHT HE LOVED ME. But i was wrong... He made me believed that he really truly loves me... BUT IT WAS ALL A LIE! I NEVER WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT PAIN EVER AGAIN! IT HURTS! ...It really hurts. I could feel that squeeze in my chest when i saw him with... her. IT ING HURTS!" She started sobbing again.

"Shh... Eileen... Eileen. Look at me." I lifted her head with the hand that was caressing her all this time. "I really truly like you. When i first saw you two days ago, I instantly fell for you. You weren't like any other girls I've met. You were interesting. And beautiful too. And all this time, you dominated my mind. When im eating, when I'm playing video games, When i trained. At first i thought i was only interested in you because you were different. But after the phonecall i had with Katy, after she told me about... HIM... I-I was really angry at him for doing this to you. I-I felt like RIPPING HIS HEART OUT FOR DOING SUCH A HEARTLESS THING TO... you... And.. and i think that's was when I realized I liked you..."

"so..." I casted my eyes downwards, not really wanting to meet her gaze when she rejects me. "Would you give me this chance to... t-to be your boyfriend? B-BUTIFYOUDONTWANTITSSTILLOKAY. I-I know we mightn't be able to meet again when I leave for Korea... But I was t-thinking... maybe you could... come to Korea with me after I'm done promoting here? O-or maybe just be me h-holiday girlfriend..." I continued blabbering on and on and on.

"L.joe?"

"Y-yeah?" I timidly looked at Eileen, bracing myself for the rejection.

Instead, soft lips just landed on mine.


"YAH! WHERE ARE LJOE AND EILEEN?"


DID YOU ENJOYED THAT? i sure did!

dont forget to comment and subscribe :)


kisses from minwoo and changbum <3