What's happening?

Line Had Drawn Between Us

There was a long silence until someone finally take the initiative to break the ice. "Why?" she inquired. Seriously, she doesn't know why is he acting like this. She had enough of his attitude. He treat her nice when he's happy but what happened when he's angry? He practically treat her as a punching bag! Yes, she may have used to it but what she don't understand is, why is he giving attitude to Mike?
They're supposed to be great friends, isn't it?

What caused the sudden change?

Why is Aaron treating Mike in this way?

All the questions zoomed passed Hebe's mind as she finally plucked up the courage to continued, "Why are you so on and off? To me, I understand. But why, to Mike?"

Upon hearing Mike's name, Aaron immediately stopped the car. He turned and look intensely into Hebe's eye. "If I say I don't know either, would you believe me?" he said resentfully. The sincere in his eyes told Hebe that he is speaking the truth.

Taking a deep breath, Hebe answered him, "Yes."

S.I.L.E.N.C.E

"Can we put this behind us and stop talking about it?" Aaron give in. Not his usual method of solving problem but he swear, he is almost defeated. Defeated by the girl in front of him. There wasn't any reason for him to snapped at Mike as well as giving in but, he just want to do it.

With this, Hebe expressionless face disappeared and a smile begin to formed. "Why not?"

`
"Baby," the girl called out flirtatiously, "What do you want for lunch?"

Chun send a smirk across his mouth as he leaned closer to his girlfriend - Ariel Lin. "You." he replied cheekily as the girl start blushing and hit his arm playfully.

"You and your sweet lips!" Ariel said before placing two of her finger tips at the edge of Chun's lips.

Just when Chun was about to lean in savour Ariel's lips, the wind chimes that is hang around the door produce some dangling sound, which indicate that there are customers coming in to that restaurant. Annoyed, Chun turned away as he looked up.

Jerry Yan, his arch enemy along with that tomboy, Ella Chen.

"Baby~ What are you looking at?" Ariel said wonderingly. In return, she only received a cold glare from her boyfriend. "Why of all people, you, Ella Chen?" Chun thought as he heaved out a loud sigh. He looked at Ella and Jerry, who seems to be having fun in their own world. "Ariel, let's break up." Chun's piercing words spoke, his gaze never leaving Ella.

"WHAT?" Ariel shrieked, obviously shocked.

He divert his attention back to Ariel as he repeat his words loudly, slowly and most importantly, clearly. "Let's . Break . Up ."

As soon as he finished his sentence, he let out a smirk and start walking towards the table whereby Ella and Jerry is.

//

"Aaron!" Hebe squealed excitedly, "Stop the car!"

"What? Now? Here? Why?" Aaron inquired, raising his eyebrow while frowning. He is still concentrating on driving, hence, not turning to look at Hebe, who seems to be really fascinated.

"Yes!" she beamed as she urged Aaron to stopped the car. Obediently, Aaron turned and parked his car at the nearby parking lot before turning to the excited girl beside him. "So, what do you want, lady?"

Hebe smile nervously as she said, "Let's get out of the car first, shall we?"

"Do I look like I've a choice?"

"No." Hebe chuckled as she wait in her seat patiently for Aaron to get off the car and bring her out since she have difficulty moving. After opening the car's door, he squatted down as he pulled Hebe's hand to grip around his neck while he carried her out of the car, carefully.

"Can I like.. put you on the floor first? Our position is.. pretty awkward.." Aaron trailed off hesitantly, trying not to be too blunt.

Hebe smile as she nod her head. "So why do you asked me to stop my car and bring you out here?" Aaron asked, not forgetting to warn her, "You better give me a good reason or else I'm leaving you here."

"It's been long since I interact with nature so could you please bring me to the park please?" she plead him, along with her puppy eyes.

What? This girl is crazy. Totally insane, he swear. "No." he answered firmly, looking pissed.

"Please!" she repeated her plead as she look down at her thigh since she is sitting on the cement floor, back against the white brick wall.

Not wanting to disappoint her further, Aaron let out a sigh as he nodded. "Alright, you win."

//

As soon as Chun reached their table, he grabbed onto Ella's wrist as tightly as possible, causing her to yelp. "Hey! Hands off of her!" Jerry exclaimed, trying to break loose the grip that Chun is extracting on Ella's wrist.

"Sorry, but I need to talk to her." he said and without any consent from anybody, he pulled Ella out of the restaurant.

"Chun Wu! What do you want exactly?" Ella's anger exploded in a few seconds, "Stop poking into my business, will you?"

Hearing this, Chun's anger raised. "What do I want? I want you to stay away from Jerry Yan!"

"You're being ridiculous here! Why must I stayed from someone who wouldn't harm me? Why must I stay away to someone that will protect me? Why must I stay away from someone who will not s-" Ella yelled into his face but was cut when he pulled her into his embrace.

Surprisingly, Ella didn't budge an inch. Not because she is willing to but because she is totally.. shocked. Too shocked to even react.

Seconds later, Ella recovered from her shock. Immediately, she pushed Chun away as she sent him a slap across his face. "Why did you do that? Hugging me without my permission! First you stole my kiss, now you steal my hug!" she huffed angrily.

"Because I'm jealous."

//

Staring at the cloud as if it's the most beautiful thing ever, Hebe let out a genuine smile. "The scenery is totally breathtaking!" she exclaimed loudly, hand opened up widely. Both of them is sitting on the small field of grass in the park like what some old couples do but the only difference between them is that, they're not actually couple. Not even friends, to be exact.

"Are you kidding me? You called the scenery of a few ducks swimming in such a small lake, the deadly trees surrounding the park, the clouds that is high beyond your reach, some flowers grown within the bushes..breathtaking?" Aaron asked her, eye widened.

Chuckling could be heard but Hebe decided to remain quiet. She then take a deep breath as she lie down on the grass field and closed her eye. Aaron turned towards her and was mesmerized for a moment but he quickly snapped out of it. "What am I thinking just now?! Did my mind just flashed the word, 'adorable'?" he thought as he use knuckles to knock on his head gently before joining Hebe to lay down on the grass patches, relaxing.

After for god-knows how long, Hebe opened her chocolate brown eyes as she turned to her right, where Aaron is lying down, eye closed. She smile sweetly as her hand reach out slowly towards Aaron's flawless face but she back out last minute. "W-what am I doing?" she asked herself, biting her lip.

"Aaron." she called out.

No response.

"Aaron!" she repeated, louder this time.

No response.

"AARON YAN!" she yelled in his face and finally, Aaron stirred. He opened his eye slowly as he faced Hebe, who was sitting up with her back against the tree.

"Uh, y- yes?" he asked, sitting up as well.

"Time for my medication.." she reminded as Aaron quickly jump up from his position and exclaimed, "Oh , I almost forgotten!"

Hebe chuckle as she shake her head. "You've already forgotten!"

"Pssssh, whatever. Fine, let's get home now." he rolled his eyes as he extend his hand out for Hebe to reach. She gladly take it as Aaron give a forceful tug, making her to stand up as well.

While walking towards the car, Hebe had an extraordinary idea. "Can we like.. walk home?" she requested, showing her puppy eyes.

"What?! Never!" Aaron said lifelessly before dragging Hebe to his car.

"NO! I'm not going to the car!" she said firmly while trying to free herself from Aaron's grip.

"With your condition," Aaron stated in a formal manner, pointing her ankle, "How can you walk home?" he questioned while Hebe ignored him stubbornly. "I want to walk home!"

Annoyed, Aaron let go out her hand which cause Hebe to stumble off a little but nevertheless, fine. "Urgh! You're annoying, Hebe." he commented before walking towards her and squat down, back-faced her.

Ignoring his comment, she ask, "What?"

"Climb on my back and I'll piggyback you home." he sighed glumly.

Hebe looked at Aaron suspiciously as she ask again, "Really?"

"Hey, come on. I won't eat you up and you're going to be late for your medication!" Aaron urged her as she grinned and climb on his back slowly, due to her leg condition. Then, she secure her hands tightly around his neck and cheered happily, "Yaaaaay! You're the best, Aaron!"

Shaking his head, Aaron lift himself up, with Hebe on his back. "Shut up." he responded dully.

//...........

Yaaaaaay! Finally a sweeter chapter! I mean, as compared to other chapters in this story, it is.. isn't it? Heheheheehe!