Change of attitude.

Line Had Drawn Between Us

Calvin slide his phone up and pressed the number one on the keypad. Immediately, Hebe's name, along with her photo, appeared on the screen. Yes, he had saved her number as a speed dial because she was the one he confide to, most of the times. But ever since Hebe transfer to H.I.M high university, they hadn't been hanging out. The last time Calvin saw her was the time whereby Hebe had a fall and he rush there to bring her home but after that, no more interaction was given. "Is she okay now?" he asked stupidly, knowing that nobody would answer him if he didn't press the 'Call' button but even if he pressed, there was only 50% possibility that she might pick up the call.

He was still hesitating to call or not when an intruder open his bedroom door and walked in uninvited. Shocked, Calvin immediately stuff his hand phone under his pillow and looked up to see who's the intruder is and indeed, it is his mother. "Mom! How many times have I told you to knock on the door before entering!" he complained and quickly added, "You know, I'm a grown up guy and I need privacy! What if I'm w-"

"Chen Yi Ru. Do you know how much trouble I got into while giving birth you and this is how you reply me?" his mother glared at him with a tone that told him that she is certainly not pleased with his behaviour.

"Oh, no." Calvin gasped as he quickly give his mother his best 'sunshine-good-boy' smile. Right after then, he stand up and pull a chair out from his study desk and motion her to sit down. "Nah~ I don't mean that, pretty mommy. Come on, take a seat."

His mother smile in respond and Calvin immediately know, one problem resolved. He smirked at his intelligent of resolving problems as he turned and asked his mother, "So yeah, do you need me to help you in anything?"

"Not really. Just wanna tell you to go for it. S.. She is a nice girl."

Calvin raised his eyebrow. "What?"

"Stop acting blur. Just admit that you're crushing on Hebe."

"No way! Hey mom, she's my best friend!" he retorted stubbornly. "It's just that I'm used of hanging around Hebe. N-no, I mean, Hebe AND Ella. They're my best friend."

His mother smile. "Yeah, I know you treat Ella as your best friend but for Hebe's case, it's a bit different."

Knowing that his mother wouldn't give up so easily, he yawn and quickly added, "Okay, mom. If there's anything, we'll talk tomorrow okay. Goodnight!" As he finished his sentence, he pushed his mother who is shaking her head in disapproval, gently out of the room and quickly closed the door behind him.

He could feel that his heartbeat begin to accelerate. "No, I couldn't be falling in love with my best friend, no.."

`

Ella is standing outside of the classroom waiting for the person who goes by the name of Aaron Yan Ya Lun when Chun suddenly show up in front of her and tap her shoulder gently. She scrunched her face as she turned her back to faced him. "Great, he can still acted as if nothing has happen. Great~" Ella make a mental note as she continue to keep a look-out for Aaron.

"Hey, darling~ Why are you so cold to me? Just admit that you're waiting for me!" Chun sweet-talked and linked his arms along with her's but only earned a death glare from Ella.

"Don't annoy me." she warned and swing his arm away forcefully. "Touch me again and you will be landing up in the hospital before Yan Ya Lun."

Chun raised his eyebrow. "Woah, what have I done. Chill down, lady."

"Shut up." Her cold remark.

Chun could sense that something is not right between Ella and Aaron but then, he just couldn't figure out what is it so he decided to send Aaron a text message to warn him.

"RINNNNNGGGGG!"

"Hey, the bell had rang. Don't you want to get in?" Chun asked nicely but it seems that Ella show no gratefulness about that. "I heard it. Now, just go and leave me alone."

Unable to bear with Ella's attitude, he grab her hand and turned her to face him. "HEY! WHAT'S WITH THE ATTITUDE?!"

She swing off her hand away from Chun forcefully as she glare at him. "Will you stop poking into my matter? It's irritating." she said calmly. "Just, leave me alone. I don't need your care and concern." Chun was then ignored, no matter how hard he tried to talk to Ella, she just wouldn't respond. "Fine. You want it. I give up." he said as he went into the classroom with his bag sling over his shoulders.

Yes, she is right, it was none of his business.
But why does these words sounds so hurtful towards him? So hurtful that he could feel a pang of sadness deep inside his heart..

`
Aaron shifted his position uncomfortably as he felt a vibration in his pocket. A message received, he supposed. He took out his phone and hold it up to his eye level before squinting his eyes and read out aloud, "Skipped school today or else you might be landing in the hospital. -Chun"

"What does he mean?" a sweet melodious voice asked as Aaron quickly turned behind him. Hebe, who was leaning against the bed post as support was looking at him with her big innocent eyes. "Y-you heard it?!" he asked stupidly which caused Hebe to laughed and give him a duh look.

Embarrassed, Aaron scratched his head and shrugged. "Uh, I guessed you heard it anyway." he said and try standing up but experienced a terrible pain at his back. "Ahhhhhhhh~" he trailed off while stretching himself. No way he is going to fall asleep on the floor again but then, he was too tired to even move his limbs yesterday. Hebe was obviously amused as she start giggling softly but that did not go oblivious towards Aaron.

Taking a deep breath, he decided to ask something that had been bugging him for the whole night. "So, why did you ever tried getting water yourself?"

Hebe was taken aback. She avoided making eye contact with Aaron as she start stuttering, "I.. I..."

"Look into my eyes and tell me why." he commanded. She looked up and opened but nothing came out of it. "Listen good. You'll be living under my care for the next two week or maybe lesser but do treat here as your own place. Call the maid if necessary, I did not hired my maid to do all the house chores only. It this is it, I might well as fired all of them and asked WenXuan to do all the house chores?"

He stopped lecturing at once when he saw Hebe looking at her finger as if it's the most interesting thing ever. "I, I'm sorry.." she whispered as Aaron's heart tightened. Maybe he's too harsh? He let out a sigh as he walked over to the drawer and take out the first aid box. "It's okay. Now, give me your hand."

Hebe looked up, bewildered. Slowly, she stretched her hand out and Aaron took it and placed it on his lap.

"With you living with me, my supplies for the first aid kit certainly need to be replenish very quickly" he joked. He then applied some antiseptic cream on the accidental cuts as he blow it with gently, trying his best not to hurt her. 'He.. is worried about me?' a thought stuck Hebe's mind as a smile slowly creep to . All the insecure were gone at that second, she suddenly feel so safe with the guy in front of him. The cold, uncaring, mean and hot-tempered guy was just a mask that he was plastering all this while. Deep inside him, after you teared off his mask, he is actually a sweet and caring guy..

"Hebe?" Aaron called out.

No response.

"Hebe?" he repeated, louder this time.

No response.

"EARTH TO HEBE!" he said, to be exact, shout. He is swaying his hand in front of Hebe's face and yeah, he finally caught her attention. Finally.

"Ah? Huh? Yes?" she replied, not knowing what Aaron is saying.

He smile and keep all the medicine back to the first aid kit after throwing away the used cotton wool. "I had been calling you for quite a while but it seems that your mind wather off?"

"Uh. Sorry.. I'm thinking about something else just now." she merely replied as she changed a topic. "Thanks."

He nodded in respond. "Actually, I should be the one thanking you. In additional, I would like to apologise as well. Sorry."

Taking a deep breath, he continued, "Sorry for abandoning you alone at home even when I know that you're not familiar with the surrounding It's my responsibility to take care of you yet I... If it isn't me, you would be lying down here with dislocated ankle."

"Stop approaching yourself, Aaron. I know you don't mean it either.. If I'm in your shoe, I guess I will do the same thing too." she consoled.

"Thanks for not staying angry with me even though you should. Don't worry, I wouldn't do that again. I wouldn't throw my responsibility aside."

Hebe's face immediately darkened as the word 'responsibility' flashed back her mind. "Only responsibility?" she blurted out.

"Huh?" he response while raising his eyebrow, indicating that he doesn't understand but Hebe just smile and shake her head. "Nothing."

`//

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Next chapter will be a whole new start so do stay tune! Bebu will be having some interaction eeeeehhh! I've already think of the plot for next chapter but I'm writing when i'm back from the UG Trip! Another update will be up when i'm back! :D Oh, another thing! I've already start writing the chinese fanfiction that I had mention earlier.. so, I'm wondering when should that be posted up. Uhmm. Yeah, I hadn't finished that story yet but I guessed around 2-3 chapters? Or maybe I should post up at a later timing?