[e] Trauma.

That Little Despair That Made Me Forget You.

 

Fast recap from previous happenings: Foxy JinYoung was sent to the hospital after he got into a fight with JungMin. SuHye is trying to sort things out, while waiting for Jinyoung's recovery.

 

"Why did they fight? And where's JungMin now?" I thought. I rubbed my temple, while looking down, trying to release the pounding in my head. Then I noticed the leftovers of blood, still staining my cuticles and stuck under my nails. How did we end up like this?

The elevator made a "ding" after reaching the 5th floor and its doors opened slowly. As soon as it was open, cold air my hair. At first, I thought it was an opened window in the hallway, but when I stepped out of the elevator, I noticed that no windows were built in this corridor. 

But still, there was cold air blowing. How come it's so cold in here, I wondered. I walked towards a room after hearing rustling sounds, followed by a thud. I peeked inside, to find it empty.

Although, the window inside the room was open. This must have been where the cold air came from. As I inspected the room more carefully, I felt something was off. The bed sheets were all wrinkled, a sign that the room was occupied by a patient recently. And the IV was dripping on the floor a needle dangling in the air. I ran to the window, leaning over  to support myself on the frame, just in time to spot a shadow hidding behind a wall. We're on the 5th floor, no one could have possibly jumped from this high, right?

"Hello~ Anybody out there?" I called, thinking as if someone was indeed hiding on the roof, although if it was, I assume they wouldn't reply. Could it be a psycho? I shook the idea off, feeling a shiver run down my spine. As there was no sound or movement, hinting someone hiding, I shrugged it off. 

The cold air gave me goose bumps and I decided to give up, hearing footsteps in the hallway. Shortly after, a woman looking like a nurse came in, holding a tray. 

"Can I help you?" She asked surprised. Visibly, she didn't expect to see me here. 

"I thought I heard someone outside..." I replied. She looked at me suspiciously, putting the tray aside, slowly.

"Is that so? " She was probably wondering why I was in this room alone.  

Turning back to the window, I kept looking outside. I really thought I saw someone. 

"Are you looking for someone?" She continued. Her voice sounded calm, but I felt that she was not at ease. She looked at my hands on the window's frame and observed the way I was leaning over. "If you need help..."  she started. 

I frowned, wondering what she was babbling about. But then realized that she's just entered a room with a girl leaning over a window's frame, talking about seeing someone outside...on the 5th floor. Oh, crap, she's not thinking I would...? Bewildered, I took a few steps back from the window, holding my hands in a not harmful way.

"Erhm, I wasn't trying to jump, if that was what you were thinking," I assured her, and I saw her relax instantly. 

"Then why are you in this room?" she asked. Suddenly, I remembered why I came here. JinYoung. 

"I'm looking for room 501."  She raised her eyebrows, while putting her material on a table "Well, you found it," 

"You're in room 501" She added. Seeing my frown, she pointed at the door. I didn't notice the metallic plate "501". 

No, it can't be!! Where's JinYoung, then? 

"What's your friend's name?" she asked, seeing me confused, as she grabbed her clipboard.

"Jung JinYoung. He just came out of surgery,"

The lady searched through her papers and stopped when she pointed on a blank space, beside the 501 on her list.

"No one was registrered in that room. Are you sure about the number?" 

"Yes! Dr. Shin just told me-"

"Dr. Shin you said?" Once again, she looked at me weirdly. "Dr. Shin Hyesung?"

I nodded. That's the name of the Doctor who took care of me in the ER services. I'm sure about that.

"Dr. Shin... is not working here since years."  She said, warily like talking to a little kid. Right at that moment, I saw someone walk past outside the room. Someone who looked like JungMin. I shot past the nurse, rushing into the corridor. I wasn't wrong. It was indeed JungMin. Before the lady could say anything, I chased him through the hallways, walking at a distance, so he wouldn't notice me trying to follow him.

Even if I couldn't keep a visual of him at all times, I could still hear his shoes squeak on the linoleum floor.  The sound bouncing and echoing in the numerous hallways. After walking into another wing, the lights suddenly turned off and only a faint glow coming from the windows at each end of the endless aisle made it less dark. Jungmin turned left, but then stopped halfway, surprising me.

I quickly hid behind a wall, trying to calm my thumping heart and trying to hear if he had proceeded his walking. When I heard faint footsteps again, I took a quick glance from behind the wall, only to see he was gone.

Where did he go?

Slowly, I carefully walked down the hallway, checking every way he could have gone into. When I didn't spot him at all, I gave up, exasperated. Damn. What's up with everyone? Am I hallucinating things? Maybe, I should get another check-up.

I was deeply lost in my thoughts, knowing it would be a hassle to find my way back to the elevator. But then, a silhouette appeared out of nowhere..

I almost screamed but only gasped at the person in front of me. There was a glint in his eyes, I couldn't dare to look straight at him.

There was something about him, that gave me the chills. Maybe, after what had happened between him and JinYoung, I was starting to see a side of him I have never seen before. He was dangerous. I clenched my fists as I remembered JinYoung's blood on my hands and how hard it was for me to wash it off. And that sick smirk he sported after he beat JinYoung, almost to death.

Tears came into my eyes and I bit my lip not to cry again. 

Without saying anything he stuck out his hand and reached for me, but I instinctively stepped back. His eyes softened and looked full of empathy, as he knew exactly how I felt, but then his expression changed again. He dropped his hand, running it through his hair instead, tilting his head sideways.

"Why were you following me?" His voice, was cold as ice. 

I shuddered but shook my head  trying to stay composed "I-I wasn't" 

His eyes turned dark as he narrowed them, gazing at me intensely. He felt taller and more imposing than ever, even after he bent forward to be at my eyes' level. I took another step back. 

"Don't lie to me." 

"I'm not-" My voice cracked, failing me. It was hard for me to even breathe normally at this point. With my mouth getting dry, I tried to avoid eye contact. 

"You don't have to be afraid of me. I'm not the bad guy here," He started.

How can I believe that when he sent JinYoung to the hospital? This wasn't the JungMin, I knew.

"I'm not afraid," I told him, trying to keep my ground and not step back further, while my stomach clenched. 

JungMin laughed and inched his face closer. His eyes going from my lips, to my eyes again. 

"Then if you're not, wake up," His warm breath caressing my quivering lips made it hard for me to focus. 

Wha..t?

"Wake up," he told me again. His face started distorting horribly. His mouth opening wide with all his teeth turning into fangs.

While bloody fangs were approaching my face, my feet were glued to the ground I felt scared and helpless as I saw him slowly approaching. I couldn't scream, I couldn't run. Faint sounds started to become deafeningly loud around me. His voice kept telling me to wake up, repeatedly.

JungMin's face then shrank on itself with blood dripping from his eyes and mouth as he kept saying "Wake up". I pressed a hand in front of my mouth from shock. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and cuts with blood started to appear on his arms, face and hands.

Blood streamed down his body 

 

Wake up. 

 

and after blinking my eyes once,

 

Wake up !

 

it wasn't JungMin anymore who stood  in front of me. 

 

WAKE UP

 

It was a bloodstained JinYoung who looked helpless holding his hands out to me, like asking for my help.

 

WAKE UP!!! 

 

 

 

With a scream, I sat up in my bed, sweat covering my forehead and making my pajamas cling onto my skin.

I was back in my room. Alone in the dark. My heart racing in my chest, as I panted uncontrollably. Headache started to arise again, as I couldn't quite understand what happened yet. The door to my room banged open and Suzy came in switching the lights on. 

"Hey, what's up with the yelling in the middle of the night?" She asked grumpily scratching her head half asleep, but then stopped her rant when she saw me. She looked surprised at first, but quickly, the corner of her lips curled up into a smirk. She pointed a finger at me, stiffening a giggle as I stared at her bewildered. 

"Yah, why is your bed so wet?" she asked, holding back her laughter. 

I slowly looked down and moved my legs, feeling the bed sheets sticking against me.

 

Crap.  

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello~ guys! As you might know today's JinYoung's birthday!! So here's a good news and a new chapter.
The good news is...
Smilecake and I are working together to finish that fic. So stay tuned and enjoy.


xoxo Miikamikaa.