[e] Meeting.

That Little Despair That Made Me Forget You.

 

 

A light yawn escaped my mouth as I watched students walking around. I supported my head and pushed my glasses up on my nose sighing. To be honest, I don't like to wear glasses, most of the time I would be wearing lenses but due to a lack of sleep lately, I'm just too lazy to put them on.

I felt someone patting my shoulder while I was daydreaming. 

"Hi." I smiled turning to the person next to me. 

"What are you doing here all alone?" He asked me. 

I raised my eyebrows and looked around. Indeed, I was alone on a bench where no other students were sat but I swear when I sat, there were two other students there. Oh well, they must have left without me noticing. I yawned again and  rubbed my eyes, standing up.

"I didn't notice that I was sitting alone, Sandeul." I chuckled picking up my bag and swinnging the strap on my shoulder. I also grabbed my jacket and followed Sandeul through the hallways but then he stopped me. 

"What's wrong?" I asked him. Sandeul smiled and looked behind him checking the time on his watch.

"I forgot I have to wait JinYoung. We planned to go play pooling after school with Baro, Gongchan and Shinwoo. Do you want to tag along?" He asked. I stiffened hearing the name.

JinYoung.

"Er... No, I have to go home. Lot of homeworks to do... Maybe next time?" I replied smiling apologetically as Sandeul nodded in understandment.

"Alright, but you will be missing a lot of fun!" I shrugged waving him goodbye anyway. 

"W-Wait JinYoung isn't here yet..." He called out.

"Yeah, but I have a lot to do. See you!" I replied already walking away. I don't want to see him. When it comes to JinYoung, I'd rather avoid him. When he couldn't be avoided, he would pretend I don't exist. He's just like that. Cold and arrogant. 

JinYoung. Going by the name of Jung JinYoung is a very popular guy among the students. Most of the guys envy him for his cool attitude and his skillful ability to do anything great. The girls just swoon at him to the point he's like the school's idol. A lot of teachers see him as a punk though, because of his "wild" lifestyle counting: drinking, smoking and fighting. I've seen him smoke a lot in front of school and get into a lot of fights and yet, he never lose. That brat. To be honest, he's a great fighter despite his lack of muscles and thin features. Very skinny, yet very strong.

My friends are his bestfriends, but JinYoung doesn't want to hear anything about me. I'm okay with that since I'm nothing near special anyway. I'm commonly what you  can call an outcast. Except from Sandeul, Baro, Gongchan and Shinwoo I don't have any other friends in this school. Let's say it's nothing compared to my step-sister, Suzy. She attends the same school as me and is seen as the school's prettiest girl.  Everyone knows her, even students from other schools. Her "out-of-this-world" beauty just makes her ridiculously popular. Long straight silky hair,fair skin, pearly white teeth and innocent twinkly half moon brown eyes. My total opposite. As Suzy's figure is tall and slim I'm short and plump. I need to wear glasses, my skin is darker like if I spent my life outdoors and my hair... A wavy thick bunch of...

Whatever, we're just so different.

Suzy's a senior, just like JinYoung, so a grade higher than I am, and the princess of our family. It's not like I hate her. I hate her. But she's the center of attention since my mom, kind of... died from cancer when I was young. My father remarried another woman, named Leah and since then, I'm living with Bae Suzy under the same roof while I'm slowly getting pushed into the category of an outcast. Get it? I'm an outcast at school AND at home. Terrible life, right?

The most annoying thing here is that Suzy has an on and off relationship with JinYoung. Yes, on and off, just like a traffic light. And for what I know, they just broke up. Again. So Jinyoung's free which means, I need to stay away from him if I don't want to be trampled by a horde of crazy girls. Oh! My bad if I forgot to mention that JinYoung is a player. The biggest player of all boys of this school, oh no wait, the whole planet. Maybe the whole universe.

It is to wonder why did I seriously have to crush over him. Wait, a little crush shall I say. I'm trying to contain my feels since my chances on getting with him is like... zero. Bellow zero maybe. There're some rumors that he even dated some celebrities, like.. Jiyeon from T-ara, Goo Hara from Kara, Jessica from Girls Generation and many more. It's like he has a mission to go through all the girls. Yeah..all.

But enough blabbering about this perfect little , he might seems perfect but he's not and I'm one of the few people who believe that he has flaws.. Right? Yeah! The only thing left is to find one... He must have one!  He must have something to hide. A simple human being can't be so damn perfect!! 

 

I was walking through the corridors my books clutched in my arms pushing the door to the stairs open with my elbow but I immediately let it close again and turned back, breath stuck in my throat. I shakily pushed up my glasses and glared around in a state called panic.

"What is he doing here?" I thought, my back resting against the door.I slowly turned back again pushing the door slightly ajar and peeked in. There I saw JinYoung his back facing me, a girl was standing in front of him. It looked like the girl was getting a little mad as she had flushed cheeks.

I pressed myself closer to the door and eavesdropped them. I knew that it wasn't right to do so, and that whatever was going in there was none of my business, but I was curious.

"Oppa, how can you do this? You know that I have deep feelings for you and still, you reject me." She whined.

"Is she confessing?" I wondered but when I heard JinYoung replying, I stopped the track of my thoughts focusing on his firm yet gentle voice. He was calm, even if the girl wasn't. 

"I don't have any interest in you. It's better to leave now instead of embarrasing yourself more." He told her.

"Ouch... Poor girl." I thought. I then heard the girl sighs heavily before grunting in frustration.

"Fine, but one day, you'll be mine." She told him with a smirk her palm lingering on his arm before climbing down the stairs. There was silence, only broke by the girl's high heels' fadding sound that soon no longer echoed in the staircase.

Too engrossed in my spying I got surprised when JinYoung turned around. Oops! I quickly ran away from the door, turning at the first corner hidding behind a nearby wall. And I waited, eyes shut tight, for him to walk pass me, my heart pounding painfully. He didn't see me...Hedidntseemehedidntseemehedidntseeme. I kinda prayed, nervously biting my lip holding my books tighter against my chest. But he didn't show up.  

I breathed out in relief, legs wobbly, supporting myself more on the wall. When I calmed down I decided to finally leave and here was JinYoung. I stopped for a second, looking at him as he was nonchalantly leaning on the doorframe with a cigarette between his lips, playing with a lighter. The exact same spot I was eavedropping by few minutes ago.

He finally lit his cig and started smoking indoors, looking into space releasing the smoke lazily. Why do I have to find it cool? Dumb me! Of course he just had to be standing right in the way making it impossible for me to go throught that door without brushing past him. Damn...

I kept walking trying to look confident as he glanced briefly at me with cold eyes saying nothing and taking a long drag on his cig. I gulped nervously my lips swiftly. "C'mon,get in your right mind SunHye! You can't turn back and look all stupid now that he already saw you! Don't give him anymore chance to make fun of your outcast self" I self cheered in my head. "I need to pass that door!!" I thought determined.

I held my books tighter as I neered the door. And JinYoung. "If I look calm and unfazed enough, he'll probably just move out the way and let me pass." I thought, trying to reassure my thumping heart. At some point my eyes couldn't avoid his face, it was like they had a life on their own. Like if they wanted to remember JinYoung's face so I could have something to dream about tonight. Traitor eyes. 

I got closer but he didn't move. Not even an inch. That jerk. Instead he kept smoking his cigarette looking at me blankly. More likely through me like I was part of the wall facing him, his expressionless face making me feel uncomfortable.

I took another deep breath and decided to force my way no matter what, so this tension would be over. I stopped looking at him and walked through the door,inevitably brushing my arm against his. That simple contact made me feel like I was set on fire,my skin burnt the moment it touched his. I threw a last look at him afterward already climbing down the stairs and shuddered when I saw that he was scowling at me hard from the corner of his eyes, like if I did something terribly wrong.

I ran walked down the stairs trying to calm myself,my heart beating way too fast for it to be healthy and ridiculously fast when,  to be honest my skin just barely touched JinYoung's. My crush. All those feels that I've tried been surpressing so much, exploded stronger than ever to the point it physically hurt to be near him. And that tingling feeling warming the pit of my stomach. Stupid butterflies.

"This is not good. Not good at all. It would be healthier for me to avoid him more from now  on. But... I wonder why he was standing there?!"

Stopping dead on, almost at the school's door I quietly walked up the stairs again and saw that JinYoung wasn't there anymore.

 

He left.

 

 

 


 

Sooooo how was the first chapter ^^?

There might be a lot of cliches but I'm trying my best to avoid them ^^

So please look forward to the next chapter ;)

Thanks for commenting and subscribing~!

 

Hi~ Miikamikaa there!! (the 'new' author/owner of this story)

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm editing all the chapters previously posted by Smilecake. Don't worry!! I'm not changing the whole story. Just adding some things (more details) here and there to make it mine (since it's mine now)
Hope you'll still like this story as much as I do.

PS. the [e] means the chapter is edited.

 

XOXO Miikamikaa.