[e] Bad Things.

That Little Despair That Made Me Forget You.

Drowsy.

 

Miserable.

 

Tired.

 

Unwell.

 

 

That's the only thing I felt right now while my eyelids didn't want to open. It was dark. So dark that the night would seem brighter.

 

"SuHye... Bae SuHye..." I moaned upon hearing my name.

 

"You were in the kitchen, just now..." I felt my head slowly nodding as a confirmation.

 

"You just passed out on the floor. Nothing more happened." My head nodded again.

 

"Then wake up now." I opened my eyes and the heaviness of my eyelids were gone. The room I where staying in was bright. I was laying on a bed and a person was standing next to me, holding my hand. He smiled friendly at me while I didn't have a clue who he was.

 

"Where am I?" I asked, blinking with my eyes. 

 

"I'm Dr. Kwan," The man said while he looked fiercely into my eyes. "Don't panic, alright?"

He must have seen the nervous expression on my face. My mind was all a mess and right now, I was concerning about my own safety. Why was I at a doctor's place?

 

"The reason why you're here is because Ms. Bae called me after you collapsed in your kitchen."

 

"Suzy?" I was surprised to hear she helped me. He nodded and tapped on his clipboard with a pen visibly looking for a way to announce me something.

 

"You should speak of luck. If she hadn't brought you in, you would have died of internal bleeding." I blinked with my eyes and gaped at him. Internal bleeding?

 

"Did I get an operation?" I asked him. I noticed that I had a sore throat. He shook his head and put his board next to me. He leant in and looked into my eyes.

 

"I just injected you something. It should be fine for now."

 

"But how can I have an internal bleeding? I didn't hit my head or anything." The doctor chuckled puttin on his glasses.

 

"According to your file, you have been in a cararrow-10x10.png crash in September 2001, after that, you got into a coma for two weeks. But you kept sequels which will explain your internal bleeding. It has been told several times to your parents and family that you haven't healed totally from your injuries and still had to take care. Those were pretty severe injuries. It's kind of a miracle you woke up from your coma back then." I widened my eyes and scratched my head. 2001? I might have been 8 or 9 years old maybe? How come I can't remember it?

"B-but no, that's not possible. I never got into a car crash!" The doctor sighed and turned few pages of what looked like being my whole medical file.

 

"We even had to do a blood transfusion. You were almost exangue so we had to call Ms. Bae to donate," He went on, ignoring my bewildered expression. "You still don't remember?" I shook my head in a vindic way, but stopped when it started to spin,still, staring at that "Doctor" suspiciously.

"Suzy and I aren't blood related. We're step sisters! She has B and I have A. How can she donate to me? Are you sure you have the right file?" I was really confused. I didn't get what he was telling me. The doctor just shook his head and stared at me.

 

"You are blood related. Suzy's blood type is also A, she's born in the same family, from the same parents, Bae Minhyun and Hwan Minah, just like you!" 

I stared down to my laps and tried to process everything. It's not true. This can't be true. They always told me that we were stepsisters. Never in this world could we be blood related.

"B-But how...I mean.. My mom never told me about a first child. Suzy wasn't even there..." I told him and tears began to come into my eyes. The doctor frowned and put a comforting hand on my shoulder.

 

"You lost your memory due to the car crash, it's possible that your family has been manipulating you, until now." 

(...)

 

I still felt uneasy after being released from the doctors place.  It wasn't an hospital but more like a private clinic. Nobody was waiting for me in the waiting room. And nobody came to pick me up. They send me back with an ambulance but it was good with me since it gave me enough time to think.

Think about what that doctor told me. He showed me my file, all those informations, the lies that I've been feed with, all those years. Before that, I always thought that things just didn't stick onto place. Weird little things or words slipping of one's mouth. I had a hard time believing that man I just met but there was something that I'm sure of. A doctor would never lie.

After arriving home. Nobody talked to me. And I decided to say nothing either. I decided to shut up and see if I was really manipulated.

Before all those revelations I hated having "family" diner it always felt so fake and stuffy. But now, I was glad. It's the best time for me to observe those people, the way they act around me.

First, I noticed that Suzy didn't look comfortable. She was avoiding my eyes and fidgetting on her chair. Bitting on her lower lip while playing with her cutlery.

"Who wants to have a steak?" My step mom asked us. I shook my head and smiling at her weakly.

"I'm not really hungry, right now, Umma." Suzy said absentmindly poking her fork on her plate. My father raised an eyebrow and laughed.

"Are you sick? You won't be so pretty if you go on a diet again." My father snickered. "The one who should stop eating here is SuHye!" He added looking at me. He was still smilling but his eyes turned cold and scornful.

Suzy quiclky glanced at me before adverting her eyes to her plate. Her eyes that once looked so happy, were fulfilled with sadness and ... guilt?

"No, thank you, I just don't feel like eating." She wrapped her napkin before setting it on the table near her empty plate, stood up pushing her chair with a screeching sound and left without a word.

I  stared at my "parents" and they both looked as if I had done something wrong.

"Did you guys get into a fight again?" My father shouted angrily waving his a fork in my general direction.Usually I would have jumped when he rised his voice and I would have looked down even if I did nothing wrong.I would have, but I just shook my head looking back at him straight in the eyes.

"No, I haven't done anything. I guess she really wasn't hungry." My dad looked at me for a few seconds and then proceeded to eat.

The most of the time was only silence and the sound of our forks ticking into our plates.

(...)

 

"So, how did it go?" JungMin asked me while we took a walk around the park. We had made up after our last fight and I had filled him in with the things that I came to know. I shrugged my shoulders and breathed out the cold air looking at the fogy condensation escaping my lips.

 

"I have no idea. Everything is so confusing. I have been paying close attention to their behavior but so far they're acting as normal as it could be." I dug my nose deeper into my scarf and looked around. The weather was cold and it wouldn't surprise me if the winter came early this year.

 

"Are you cold?" He asked me while he rubbed my shoulders. I chuckled and nodded.

 

"Just a little."

 

"Then walk closer to me." He said, effectively pulling me closer and smiling down at me. I blushed and looked away flustured. I still wasn't comfortable around him. Yet.

 

"What do you think?" I asked him suddenly. He turned to me and looked at me with questioning brow cocked up.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Well, do you think my parents are lying to me? Hidding things from me?" JungMin chuckled and shook his head.

 

"I think, that doctor is just talking nonsense. I mean, come on, Suzy your real sister? That would be a nightmare! And you said you never met him before? How can you be sure he's not the one making up fantasies?" He stated. I chuckled sighing and put my head on his shoulder.

 

"Hmm... That's a relief to hear something like this. I am really too naive to believe something like this. I really don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you." JungMin smiled and stopped walking. He turned to me and leaned his head down.

 

"I miss your kisses." He whispered.

I smiled and closed my eyes. His lips were barely touching mine, so I was surprised when a groan came out of his mouth. The next thing I know, was that JungMin was laying on the floor with a hand on his cheek, looking behind me with a shocked yet angry expression.

I turned around gasping, my eyes getting wide as I saw him. There, was standing an angry Jung JinYoung clenched fists and dark glare. He was panting, fuming from anger.

"You BASTARD!!! I'm not going to pretend anymore and watch while SuHye suffers!!!!! How long are you going to lie and keep on doing these things, you disgusting, filthy BASTARD!!!" JinYoung shouted at JungMin at the top of his lungs as I watched dumbfounded.

I stepped back from the two as I began to feel afraid. JungMin still on the floor spat a bit of blood wiping his mouth with the back of his hand as a big red bruise was forming on his cheek. There was such a tension between those two that I couldn't help but try to stop them.

 

"W-What are you talking about?" I asked, feeling confused looking at one then another for any reply on their faces. JungMin stood up and took me by my shoulders pushing me behind him. 

 

"Woah, pretty boy got stronger." He smirked glaring at JinYoung.

 

"This isn't a game, JungMin! You-" JungMin cut JinYoung's outburst sending a violent punch straight in his face making the latter stumble back. His face was turned to the side after the violent blow, a red bruise appearing on his jaw. I put a hand in front of my mouth gasping as I looked at them shocked.

 

"S-Stop..." I muttered but my voice didn't came out loud, I was shaking and frightened.

 

"Why you...!!" JinYoung hissed while he turned towards JungMin.

 

JinYoung ran towards JungMin, beating him in the face repeatedly as the latter kneeded him in his stomach, making him cringe from pain.

That was enough for JungMin to strike back. He landed his fist against JinYoung's nose and hitting him until his head flew back and blood appeared from several bruises.

I widened my eyes and went to stand between them but JinYoung yanked me back pulling me aside.

 

"Don't intervein or you'll get hurt!!!" He hissed panting.

 

I gulped and looked at them horrified. JinYoung was sure good from his usual street fights but he was nowhere near match to JungMin and his seventh dan of Taekwondo. So JinYoung got severely hit by him. Again and again as I was just watching powerless. Even though JinYoung wouldn't stand a chance against him he was standing up each time throwing himself on JungMin, the other easily dodging or fighting back.

At the end, JinYoung fell down while JungMin smirked. But the way he was enjoying himself, laughing, made me shiver. I didn't recognize the gentle and nice guy I liked in him.

The one I saw in front of me right now, was a person filled with satisfaction of hitting people. He looked so scary. He then turned to me and his smirked widened.

 

"I'm sorry that you had to watch that. Shall we proceed our walk?"

 

I shivered upon hearing his suggestion and ran to JinYoung who was bleeding on the ground. I kneeled down and gasped as I saw how severely wounded he was, his face beaten to pulp. I helped him up hooking my arm gently around his waist by his arm making him lean on me. 

 

"J-JinYoung..." I said with tears.

 

"I'm sorry for being like this. I haven't become stronger enough to protect you." JinYoung muttered weakly looking at me but quickly adverting his gaze elsewhere as if in shame. He quietly sobbed wincing as his forming bruises and several harms falling down as I couldn't support him fully. 

I gasped and shook his shoulders but he didn't move. I looked around and saw that JungMin had fled. He was gone and no one was around. I bit my lip and began to cry.

 

"H-Hold on." I told him while I searched for my phone.

 

Why are so many things happening?! I thought.


 

Please look forward to the next chapter ^^