Seven Minutes with an Angel

Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany made her way towards Sooyoung and Jessica. She informed her friends about Sunny and Taeyeon’s arrival, the last two guests of the evening. They both thanked her and Sooyoung began to fumble around with the microphone.

Tiffany took a quick glance at Taeyeon and her heart sank when she saw the danshin kissing Sunny’s temple. Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows, confused by what she was feeling. Why does it matter to her? She knew Sunny and Taeyeon were friends, so why does she have the sudden urge to pull them apart? Since when has she been so possessive of the little danshin?

Sooyoung cleared and spoke into the microphone, snapping Tiffany out of her thoughts. “Ayooo party people! Are you ready to get this party started?”

“Yeah!” the girls in the room replied in unison.

“All right! That’s what I’m talking about! Are you girls up for some wild fun?”

“Yeah!”

“Now, that’s what I like to hear because our lovely hostesses Miss Jessica Jung and Miss Tiffany Hwang have some awesome stuff planned out for us tonight! How about we give them a big round of applause and give them some love?”

The girls in the room did as they were asked. Sooyoung then quieted them down and said, “Well first off, who in here is up for some games? Yeah? Anyone?” All hands in the room shot up. “Wow! That’s awesome! You guys are such a great crowd! Well, I will now let the lovely Jessica Jung take over and explain to you how we’re going to be dividing into groups.” Sooyoung handed Jessica the microphone.

“Hello everyone,” Jessica said. “First, I want all of you to spread out and face the wall. Try to avoid looking at who is standing next to you. Now, I want everyone to close their eyes and walk towards the center when I give the signal. The first person you touch along the way will become your partner, but please don’t cheat. Ready?” she asked. “Go!”

Mass chaos broke out as the girls blindly made their way towards the center of the room. All around, girls were tripping and bumping into one another.

Tiffany reached out her hands to guide herself safely through the living room without getting hurt when she bumped into someone and fell on top of her. She opened her eyes and smiled when she saw Taeyeon’s baby face.

“Sorry, Tae Tae,” Tiffany said as she stood up and offered a hand to the danshin. “I really have to stop falling for you like this,” she said with her famous eye smile.

Taeyeon chuckled at her comment. “Yah! That was really cheesy!”

Tiffany smiled. “Sorry, I couldn’t resist.”

“So, this means we’re partners, right?” she asked, raising her hand up in the air for a high five.

Tiffany slapped hands with the shorty then entwined her fingers with Taeyeon’s. The danshin shot her a puzzled look and Tiffany replied with a smile. “I don’t want anyone trying to take my Tae Tae away from me.” Tiffany noticed Taeyeon’s cheek flush and giggled at the sight. “You’re cute, Tae.”

They then heard someone clap their hands together and turned towards the direction of the sound. “All right everyone!” Sooyoung announced. “Has everyone found a partner?”

All of the girls raised their hands and answered, “Yes!”

“Good! Now, let’s go out into the hallway. Our first game is cherry bobbing.” Sooyoung opened the door and walked into the hallway. All of the girls followed suit.

“We’re playing out here?” a young looking girl with straight black hair asked. “Won’t we be disturbing the neighbors?”

“You’re as considerate as ever, Hyunnie” a shorter girl with wavy blond hair stated.

“Hyoyeon Unnie, you should always be considerate of other people.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Hyoyeon replied.

Jessica waved her hand. “Don’t worry about it, Seohyun. They’re used to the noise and I already told them about the slumber party.”

“If you’re sure,” Seohyun replied, unconvinced.

Sooyoung was standing beside a table with bowls set on top of it. Inside the bowl water and a few red Maraschino cherries could be found at the bottom. “Do you see these cherries?” Sooyoung asked. “One person will be bobbing for these while their partner stands in front of the other table which is found at the end of this hallway. Once the person bobbing makes it to her partner, the partner will then take a toothpick and stab the cherry in order to take it from the bobber and put it in the empty bowl behind them.”

“But there’s a catch,” Jessica added. “One team will not have a toothpick and must improvise.”

“Yah!” Sunny said. “Aren’t I already at a disadvantage with such a tall partner like Sooyoung?”

“Yah!” Sooyoung argued. “It’s not my fault you’re a leprechaun!”

Sunny stuck her tongue out. “And it’s not my fault you’re a freaking giant!”

“Don’t worry, Sunny-ah,” Jessica interrupted the bickering couple. “I’m sure you won’t be unfortunate enough to have to kiss that shikshin.”

“Wait a minute.” Tiffany interrupted. “The pair without the toothpick will have to kiss each other?”

Jessica smirked. “How else are you supposed to get the cherry from your partner?” Tiffany’s jaw dropped and Jessica tried to suppress her laughter. “Anyway, one person from each pair needs to draw a piece of paper from my hand. The pair that ends up with a blank piece of paper will be the pair without a toothpick.”

Tiffany was the first to pick. Jessica opened her hands to reveal multi-colored papers in her hand. Among them was a pink piece and Tiffany instinctively grabbed it and walked back towards Taeyeon. She could never resist anything pink. Then it hit her. Tiffany looked up at Jessica who was staring innocently at her then at the paper in her hands.

She wouldn’t. Tiffany said in her head. She unfolded the piece of paper and groaned. She would!

“Do we have the blank piece, Fany-ah?” Taeyeon asked. Tiffany nodded and she saw Taeyeon blush. “I—I guess that means we’re going to end up having to—umm—,”

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to, Tae,” Tiffany reassured. “Don’t force yourself. It’s just a game.” Although Tiffany could not deny the anticipation she felt. She had never kissed a girl before. There were many instances where she had come close to it, but she’d never experienced it. In a sense, this would be a thrilling experience for her.

Taeyeon’s face was flushed. “I—It’s okay. I’m fine with it since it’s you, Fany-ah.”

Tiffany stared at Taeyeon in surprise. Taeyeon had her face turned to the side, which was tomato red. “Tae, by any chance, would this be your first kiss?”

Tiffany saw Taeyeon’s face flush a deeper red, if that was even possible. “I—um—,”

Tiffany smiled and whispered, “Don’t worry, Tae Tae. I’ll make your first kiss unforgettable.”

Taeyeon’s face fell and Tiffany laughed at the danshin’s cute reaction. “Sorry, Tae. I couldn’t resist.”

Taeyeon pouted. “You’re so mean. Why do you keep picking on me?”

Tiffany pinched her cheeks. “You’re just so adorable, that’s why.”

“Let’s get started everyone!” Sooyoung announced. “All of the bobbers, raise your hands.” The girls did as they were told. “Interesting,” Sooyoung mumbled as she stared at Taeyeon’s raised hand. “On your marks, get set, bob!”

Simultaneously, the bobbers ran towards the opposite end

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter