Secret of the Princess

Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a gloomy morning and to Taeyeon, it seemed as if the weather knew exactly how she felt. Taeyeon was sitting at her desk facing the window, her gloomy aura matching the weather outside perfectly. Taeyeon propped her head on one arm and sighed.

“What’s the matter with you, Taeng?” a voice behind her asked.

“Nothing, Sunny-ah,” replied Taeyeon. “I just miss Fany.”

Sunny grabbed the extra chair near Taeyeon’s bed and rolled it beside the latter. She then sat down and placed a hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder. “I’m sure she’ll remember you eventually.”

“I hope so, but right now I don’t see that happening in the near future.”

“Why not, Taeng? You have to be optimistic.”

Taeyeon glared at her friend. “How can I be optimistic when the girl I love can’t even remember me?”

“Taeyeon, why are you getting mad at me?” Sunny asked. “I’m only trying to help you feel better.”

“Well, guess what?” she snapped. “You’re not helping me! Even if you say Tiffany will remember, it’s already been three months since it happened! So how can you tell me not to lose hope, Sunny-ah?”

“Taeng, I don’t have all of the answers for you. I just know that I don’t like seeing you like this. So please calm down.” There was a short pause. “I’m only trying to help you.”

Taeyeon sighed. “I know you are, Sunny.” She massaged her temple then buried her face in her hands. “I just can’t help it sometimes. I’m tired. I’m hurt. All I want to do is be with Tiffany, but she can’t even remember me.” There was a short pause then Taeyeon stared into Sunny’s eyes. “What am I supposed to think? I know that Tiffany loves me, but how could she forget me completely? Do I mean nothing to her?”

“Taeyeon, I understand how you feel, but don’t you think that you’re being unfair? Tiffany has amnesia. It’s not like she did it on purpose just to forget about you.”

“Shut up! You don’t understand how I feel, Sunny, because you’re not me!” There was a short pause. “You think you understand me? You think you know how it feels to be in my situation?” She stared intently into Sunny’s eyes. “You don’t understand and you’ll never understand. If Tiffany loved me, she would never—,”

“She would never what?” Sunny shot back. “She would never forget about you? Taeyeon, wake up! This is real life! You’re not living inside a drama! Tiffany has amnesia, and it’s not going to magically come back just because she loves you. It takes time.” There was a short pause. “ happens, Taeyeon, but not without a reason.” She stared into Taeyeon’s eyes. “Yes, you’re miserable, and I understand that you’re hurt. But Taeyeon, don’t get mad at me for trying to be a good friend to you. So stop trying to pick a fight with me because the only reason I’m here is to help ease your pain a little bit more.”

There was a long period of silence and the two girls continued to stare at one another. “I’m sorry,” Taeyeon muttered, averting her gaze.

Sunny sighed. “It’s all right, Taeng. I told you. I understand how you feel, but please don’t lose hope. Tiffany needs you now more than ever. So don’t abandon her.”

“But she’s the one who abandoned me,” she replied.

Sunny stood up and walked directly in front of Taeyeon. “Taeng,” she said.

“What?” she asked, looking up at Sunny.

Sunny slapped her face. “Stop it Taeyeon.” There was a pause. “Think about Tiffany. Think about what she had to go through. Can you honestly tell me that you’d rather have her remember everything that happened that night? Would you rather have Tiffany hurting incessantly, desperately trying to forget everything that happened to her while continuing to love you? Do you honestly think that her love for you wouldn’t have changed either way?”

“Why would it? It’s not like I’m the one that her, Sunny.”

“But her heart wouldn’t be capable of giving you all the love she’s capable of giving! She couldn’t do that because you and I both know that a part of Tiffany died the day she was ! So stop trying to fool yourself, Taeng! You’re only hurting yourself more.”

Tears streamed down Taeyeon’s face. “I—I don’t know what to do anymore.”

Sunny sighed and wrapped her friend in an embrace. “You stubborn girl.”

“Sunny, what do I do?”

“Shhh,” Sunny said, gently caressing her back. “For now, just cry. Just let it all out. Cry until you feel like all of your tears are gone. Cry until you forget why you’re even crying in the first place. Then go back to being the strong and beautiful girl I know you can be.” Sunny placed a hand on Taeyeon’s face. “I know it’s hard to be strong when you’re hurting, but try Taeyeon. Tiffany needs you to be strong right now. You need to be strong for the both of you. She may have forgotten you, but that doesn’t mean she’ll never remember you. I know that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter