At The Beginning

Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany was in the locker room and had just taken off her top when she saw a bright flash out of the corner of her eye. She turned her head to find a blond girl smirking at her, an iPhone in hand.

“Yah, byuntae! You better delete that picture!” Tiffany warned.

Jessica shot her an amused smile. “What’ll you do if I don’t?” Tiffany threw her shirt at Jessica. “As hot as you are, Fany-ah, I don’t roll that way. So, keep your stuff to yourself because I won’t be fazed by your body.”

“Who said I was showing my body to you?” Tiffany asked, sticking her tongue out. “You’re the one taking pictures, byuntae.”

Jessica tossed Tiffany’s shirt to a tall girl just as she was about to grab it out of the latter’s hand.

“You are such a jerk,” Tiffany said, playfully punching Jessica. “Sooyoungie, be a friend and give me back my shirt.”

The tall girl smiled mischievously. “If you needed it, you shouldn’t have chucked it.”

Sooyoung and Jessica then passed the shirt back and forth. Tiffany was just about to tackle Sooyoung when the taller girl moved out of the way, causing Tiffany to collide with another girl.

Jessica and Sooyoung gasped. Tiffany felt something soft brush against her lips for a fraction of a second. She then found herself on top of a girl with cute, childlike features, their lips only inches apart. Tiffany stood up and offered a hand to the shorter girl. “I'm sorry, Taeyeon-ssi. Are you hurt anywhere?”

“N—no,” she heard the cute little danshin reply. Tiffany could sense tension in the girl’s voice and her cheeks were slightly flushed.

“Are you sure?” Tiffany asked concerned.

“Y—yes,” the shorter girl replied, avoiding eye contact. Taeyeon hastily changed into her gym clothes and bolted out of the locker room.

“What was that all about?” Sooyoung asked.

“She was like, almost rude,” Jessica added, brushing the dirt off Tiffany’s clothes.

“Cut her some slack, you guys. I did invade her personal space,” Tiffany reasoned.

“I guess so, but she didn’t have to run away like that. It’s not like you were going to her,” Jessica stated coolly.

Tiffany smiled, happy that her friends cared so much for her. But she couldn’t help thinking about Taeyeon. Why had the danshin run away from her like that?

 

Soon, it was lunch time and Tiffany was waiting in line chatting with her friends. Then, someone shoved their way past Tiffany and a commotion started behind her. Tiffany turned around to find Taeyeon and another danshin surrounded by two jocks, who were hitting on them. Tiffany realized that Taeyeon was avoiding eye contact and looked extremely uncomfortable, whereas her fellow danshin was staring daggers at the two boys.

“Come on, Taeyeon-ssi. Go out with me at least once. I’ll make sure you have a great time,” one of the football players said.

“Yah!” shouted the shorter girl. “Can’t you pabos see that Taengoo’s not interested? Just leave us alone!”

“No need to be jealous, Sunny Bunny. I was going to ask you out too. That way, we can have a double date with them,” another boy s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter