A Moment in Time

Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taeyeon!” she shouted.

Taeyeon could hear Tiffany call out to her repeatedly, but her legs wouldn’t allow her to stop. She continued to run, a mix of emotions stirring inside of her. There was a part of Taeyeon that wished for Tiffany to catch up, but there was another part of her that never wanted to see Tiffany’s face ever again.

“Taeyeon, please!” shouted Tiffany. “Please, Tae! I can explain!”

Taeyeon kept her pace and continued to run. “Go away, Fany! I don’t want to see you right now!” she shouted back. That wasn’t entirely true, but that wasn’t a lie either. Taeyeon didn’t know what she wanted. She knows she should hear Tiffany out, but her heart hurts far too much. Taeyeon was already familiar with the feeling of being used, but knowing that the girl she loves was using her made it that much more painful. Then, Taeyeon felt a warm hand grab hold of her arm. She instinctively slowed to a stop, her head down.

“Tae, please. Hear me out,” she begged.

“What more can you tell me, Fany? You made a bet. I fell in love with you. You win. What else is there left to say?”

“Everything,” she replied. “Tae, I never meant to hurt you.”

“Oh, is that so?” asked Taeyeon. “Well, that certainly didn’t work, did it?”

“Tae, please! I know you’re hurt, but believe me. I never meant to hurt you. I agreed to the bet thinking that I wouldn’t let it reach this point.”

“But it did.”

“I know, and that was my fault. I let my pride get the best of me and I was too much of a coward to tell you because I didn’t want to lose you and…” She looked into Taeyeon’s eyes. “I didn’t want you to hate me.”

“Fany, as much as I would like to forgive you, I can’t. I know you well enough to know that you wouldn’t intentionally hurt me, but you said it yourself. You let your pride get the best of you. Clearly, your pride was more important than my feelings.” There was a period of silence and Tiffany didn’t say a word. “Tell me, Fany. Did you ever think about how I would feel?”

“Every day,” Tiffany replied.

“Then why did you do it?” Taeyeon shouted. “Why would you hurt me like this? I trusted you because I thought you were different, but you’re just like everyone else!”

Tiffany continued to evade eye contact. “I know. I told you I was, but you wouldn’t believe me before.”

“Well, you were right,” Taeyeon said.

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon, surprised to see the hatred in them. She had never seen that expression in Taeyeon’s eyes. It was certainly a first, and it was one she was not proud of. “Tae, I’m sorry.”

“Me too,” she replied. “I’m sorry I met you. I’m sorry I trusted you. I’m sorry I ever let you into my world…and I’m sorry I loved you.”

Tiffany was at a loss for words. She couldn’t beg Taeyeon for her forgiveness because she knew she didn’t deserve it. As much as she wanted to, she knew she had no right. “I understand. I can’t promise that I will leave you alone, but even if I’m not worthy of your forgiveness, I’ll ask for it every day for the rest of my life. I won’t get tired, Kim Taeyeon. I will make you fall in love with me again.”

Taeyeon stared at her in surprise. “Do what you want, Fany,” she said as she walked away. “But I don’t see that happening any time soon.”

Taeyeon’s heart was breaking. She wasn’t used to treating anyone that way, let alone Tiffany. Taeyeon felt despicable for hurting her, but she was hurt too. As much as she hated to hurt Tiffany, she could not stop herself. Her emotions got the best of her. Taeyeon hated this feeling, but she knew that this was an important part in her healing process. Taeyeon wanted to forgive Tiffany, but every time she looked at her, Taeyeon would only feel a rush of hatred. This was a new feeling for her, and it was a feeling she did not enjoy. She wished it would stop, but there was nothing she could do. The only thing Taeyeon was able to do was to wait; wait patiently for Tiffany to come back to her completely and for the pain she feels to disappear entirely.

 

Several months passed, and Tiffany has kept her word. Every day, she would approach Taeyeon and beg for her forgiveness. It pained Taeyeon to see the woman she loved having to beg for her, but Taeyeon couldn’t do anything. She knew that she needed to endure this not only for herself, but for Tiffany’s ske as well. She knew that Tiffany would not be satisfied and able to forgive herself if she doesn’t earn Taeyeon’s trust and love again. So, there was nothing for Taeyeon to do but watch.

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany called out to her. “Tae, wait up!” she said, catching up to Taeyeon.

“Aren’t you tired, Tiffany?” she asked coolly. “You beg for forgiveness day after day. Aren’t you ashamed?”

“Yes,” she replied. “I’m ashamed because I can’t believe I allowed myself to hurt you. I’m not proud of what I’ve done and I want to earn your trust again.”

“Why are you doing this?” Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany smiled. “I’m doing this because I want to,” she replied frankly. “I’m doing this because I know it’s something I should do. But most of all, I’m doing this because I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter