Never Say Goodbye, Hello

Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aw, come now, Tiffany. Don't be like that," said Mr. Kim. "You act like we have no history. Is that how you treat your stepfather?"

"You're not married to my mom. But even if you were, I would never acknowledge you as my father. I don't associate myself with lowly people like you," she replied.

"Big talk coming from you," Mr. Kim said. "Where is all of this courage coming from?"

"Wouldn't you like to know," she replied.

"You're talking back, so does this mean that you have gotten your memories back?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry to break it to you. Your plan failed...miserably."

Mr. Kim glared at Tiffany. "No matter. I have other ways of dealiing with bad little girls like you." Mr. Kim gave her a sly smile and pinned Tiffany to the wall.

"What are you going to do? Have me again? I'm sorry, but that tactic is getting really old."

Mr. Kim smiled. "No, I've gotten bored with that as well. Let's see if a good beating won't shut you up."

"This is a public place," Tiffany threatened. "I'll scream if you hit me."

"Okay. Go ahead and try. This place is basically empty. I sent everyone on break. So there's no one here that can help you now." Mr. Kim made a fist and brought it behind his head for a wind up. Just as he was about to make contact with Tiffany's face, the punch was blocked by another hand.

"Go to hell, Bastard!" Taeyeon shouted, followed by an uppercut then a kick to the ribs, propelling Mr. Kim backwards and onto the opposite wall. "Don't you dare lay another finger on her!"

"Kim Taeyeon!" came an angry woman's voice. "What do you think you're doing to your father?"

"Go ahead, Mom. Defend the bastard that's been cheating on you the past few years."

"What are you going on about, Taeyeon?" asked Mrs. Kim.

"That douche is the reason why Tiffany was traumatized. Not just once, but twice!"

"I know that it's very unfortunate, but what gives you the right to blame that on your father?"

"Because it's the truth. He's been cheating on you for a long time now. I should know because he took me to his mistress every year."

"What?"

"Yeah, those father-daughter bonding times in America was just Dad's way of hiding his affair. Oh, and did I mention that his mistress also happens to be Tiffany's mom?"

"What?!" Mrs. Kim said once again, louder this time.

"Yeah, that's why he sent Jiwoong to do his dirty work for him and ruined Tiffany's life. It was all because she found out about their little shennanigans and Dad was terrified that Tiffany would leak it to the news. Which, if it were me, I would have in a heartbeat."

Mr. Kim stood up and charged Taeyeon. "You ungrateful little brat! I gave you life and this is how you repay me?" He punched Taeyeon square on the jaw, followed by a jab to the ribs.

Teayeon coughed and sent a powerful right hook to her father's jaw. "Go yourself!" Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany's hand and led her out of the hospital and walked to a nearby park.

"Tae, let me see your face. He hit you pretty hard," said Tiffany.

"I'm fine, Fany. I'm just glad I got there in time. Otherwise, who knows what he would've done to you."

Tiffany smiled. "I know. I'm glad you're always there to save me, but I'm starting to get worried. I never thought your dad would hit you like that."

"Well, he never liked me to begin with, so hitting me is most likely a dream come true for him."

Tiffany sighed. "Are you sure you're all right?"

Taeyeon smiled. "I'm fine. But I'm actually starting to worry about you too. I can't always be here to protect you, and I don't want a day to come when I can't protect you anymore."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I just feel like, until my dad and brother are behind bars, you are never truly going to be safe. I don't know why they keep coming after you, but I don't want to just stand by and watch them hurt you, Fany."

"So what do you want to do?"

Taeyeon sighed. "I don't know." She walked toward the pond which was now frozen. "You know, you were the reason why I started liking snow so much."

"Really?" Tiffany asked, walking up beside the latter.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter