Rekindled Flame

Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah!" Jessica shouted at the lump under the covers. "Get up, Tiff! I've been letting you laze around like an old man for weeks and I'm putting an end to it right now!" Jessica yanked the comforter away from Tiffany, uncovering her. "You're going to school today. I don't care what you say or do. Hell, I don't even care if you threaten me. There's no way I'm letting you miss another day when you're perfectly fine and healthy."

Tiffany groaned. "You're such a jerk, Jess! What kind of best friend would do this kind of thing to a poor defenseless girl? Don't you see how depressed I am?"

"Oh, can it, Tiff! You're not pulling that one on me. I've been soft for a while now, but it's time to give you tough love." She grabbed hold of Tiffany's ankles and bent her legs. "I'm taking you to school wehther you like it or not."

"And if I say no?" Tiffany challenged.

Jessica smirked. "I was hoping you'd ask me that." She then tightened her grip on Tiffany's ankles and pulled her out of bed. Tiffany struggled and fought as hard as she could, but Jessica's will was more than enough to overpower hers.

Several minutes passed and Jessica was able to wrestle Tiffany into clothes other than her pajamas, and helped her freshen up for school. She also gathered all of Tiffany's materials and dragged the unwilling girl away from the house.

"You're an animal," Tiffany said. "You realize that don't you?"

"Of course," Jessica said with a smile. "If that's what it takes to get you to respond, then I would be more than happy to do it every day until you want to take care of yourself."

Tiffany sighed. "I guess there's not much else I could do to argue. Even if I tell you no, you'll just end up using brute force on me."

Jessica smiled and patted Tiffany's head. "That's my girl. You're finally understanding the situation you're in. Now, hopefully something will change so our mornings don't turn into a replay of today's." Jessica gave her a grave look. "Because if it does end up being the same, I won't be happy.  I can tell you now that you won't be very happy when I'm not happy. Do I make myself clear, Tiff?"

"Crystal, Jess. I'll do better. You are scary as hell when you're in a mood."

"That's the point. A predator has to be able to intimidate her victims otherwise, the circle of life is thrown off balance."

Tiffany sighed. "I suppose." There was a short pause. "Hey, can I tell you something?"

Jessica smiled. "Sure. Even if I'm like this, I'm still your friend."

"I know." There was another pause. "That girl, Taeyeon. I think that's her name right?"

Jesssica was surprised. "Yeah, do you know her?"

"Yes, well, no...I feel like I should, but I can't remember exactly who she is."

Jessica smiled. "Oh, I see."

"I'm not making any sense, am I?"

"Oh, believe me, you are making more sense now more than you have in the last few weeks."

"That's...weird, and not very reassuring at all. You're horrible at this!"

"Well, I can't be perfect at everything."

"You're not perfect at anything!"

Jessica smiled. "Well, my friend, then you are screwed."

Tiffany chuckled. "You're such an ."

"Language! You're so barbaric."

"Oh, shut up!" Tiffany playfully hit Jessica's arm and chuckled.

"It's good to have you back."

Tiffany smiled. "It's good to be back. Being in that depressed funk really threw me off. Even though I hate school, at least it gets me out of my four-walled prison."

"I know."

"You know what else is weird?" Tiffany asked.

"What?"

"Even though I'm out of my depression, I feel like there's still a part of me that's missing. Is that possible?"

"Yes."

"But no matter what I do, I can't find—," Tiffany broke off as she collided with someone. There was a loud thud and Tiffany found herself on top of Taeyeon, slightly brushing her lips on the latter's. "Oh, I am so sorry, Taeyeon!"

"No problem. That woudn't be the first time, Fany," she said with a smile, followed by a gasp.

"So it's happened before?" asked Tiffany, startled.

Taeyeon glanced quickly at Jessica then turned her attention to Tiffany. "Yeah, but it's not like it's anything important--."

"But I did get this weird feeling of deja vu. For some reason, it made me happy..." Tiffany smiled. Taeyeon stared at her in surprise and Tiffany gasped. "That sounded weird. I'm sorry. Please forget everything I said. I'm a psycho sometimes."

Taeyeon chuckled. "No, really. It's fine. I think it's cute."

Tiffany felt her face get hotter the more she stared at Taeyeon. "Weird."

"What?" asked Taeyeon.

"I—," she broke off and sighed. "It's just that I have this strange urge to kiss you rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter