The Return of the Princess

Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"M—my brother was the one who did this to you?" asked Taeyeon in surprise.

Tiffany nodded. "I know it may be hard to believe, but Tae, please believe me."

Taeyeon stared at Tiffany and pulled her into an embrace. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for letting that happen to you. But I'll be damned if I let that bastard lay another finger on you."

Tiffany pulled away slightly and stared at Taeyeon. "You believe me, Tae Tae?"

Taeyeon gently smiled at her. "Of course I do. "Why wouldn't I?"

Tiffany kissed Taeyeon's lips, tears streaming down her face. "I missed you so much. I missed being able to kiss you. I missed touching you. I missed everything about you, Tae."

"Why didn't you tell me that you knew who I was?"

Tiffany looked away. "I didn't want you to know anything until I was sure. At first, I was traumatized about what happened, but as I began to calm down, everything started making more sense. But I couldn't tell anyone that I remembered everything because I didn't want to get anyone else involved in my problems. But as you kept rejecting me repeatedly, I began to get lonely, and that's why I snapped earlier. I couldn't take you pretending not to know me anymore because it hurt. I didn't want to see you walk away like everyone else in my life. I wanted to keep you here with me. No matter how screwed up my life has become."

Taeyeon smiled and hugged Tiffany tightly. "I"m sorry for putting you through so much pain, Fany."

There was a period of silence and the two continued to discuss what happened in the last few months they were apart.

"So why did Jessica's mom diagnose you with amnesia?" asked Taeyeon. "If you had all of your memories, how was a doctor fooled by that?"

"Well, I think she based it off the previous experience she had with me. The first time it happened, I did suffer amnesia and I never got my memories back from that day until just a few months ago when I recovered from the second trauma that happened."

"You sure had everyone fooled though," said Taeyeon.

"Well, that was the idea, Tae," said Tiffany with a smile.

"Okay, last question," said Taeyeon.

"Shoot."

"Do you know why Jiwoong did that to you?"

"Well, it's only a theory as of now, but I think it's because he was trying to protect your dad."

"Dad? What does he have to do with it?"

"Well, it is a fact that traumatic experiences can sometimes cause amnesia, and during the first incident, that did happen, but it failed the second time. But I think your dad wanted me to forget something I saw by traumatizing me."

"What did you see?"

Tiffany sighed. "Are you sure you want to know? This is only going to hurt you more than it already has."

"Yes," Taeyeon replied. "I want to know everything."

"Your dad was having an affair with my mom and he didn't want anyone to know about it. When I was sixteen, I moved here, not because I wanted to become independent, but because I found out about the affair. I wanted to get away from it all, so I moved back to Korea. But your dad somehow found out that I knew about thier affair and was scared that I was going to make it public, so he made sure I wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter