Nightmares

Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany was in an abandoned classroom. She scanned her surroundings and realized she was in her homeroom class. She made her way towards the door and was moments away from turning the knob when she heard someone behind her say, “Why, Fany-ah?”

Tiffany turned around to find Taeyeon standing face to face with her. “Tae Tae? What are you doing here?”

“How could you do this to me?” Taeyeon asked, pain in her voice.

“What did I do?” Tiffany asked.

“I thought you were different,” she continued. “But you’re just like everyone else!” Taeyeon collapsed to her knees and sobbed.

“Tae,” Tiffany said as she reached out to touch the shorter girl.

Taeyeon smacked her hand away and looked at Tiffany with contempt. “Don’t touch me!” she shouted. “You’re such a liar, Tiffany! You promised me that you wouldn’t hurt me!”

“Tae, I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Tiffany insisted. “What did I do?”

“I hate you!” Taeyeon shouted.

“Tae Tae, please don’t say that,” Tiffany pleaded.

Taeyeon pushed past Tiffany and bolted out of the door.

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany shouted after the danshin’s retreating back.

Her surroundings shifted and Tiffany was now in a dimly lit room. She scanned her surroundings and gasped as she realized where she was.

“No,” she muttered to herself. “This can’t be—,”

“Fany-ah,” a low voice said, as he walked closer to Tiffany. “I’d been waiting for you.”

Tiffany backed up with every step the figure made. She took another step back and gasped as her back touched the wall. She was trapped. Tiffany looked around, trying to find a way out. The figure smirked and caged Tiffany between the wall and himself.

“No!” Tiffany shouted as she struggled to break free. “Get away from me!”

The figure leaned in to her ear and whispered, “Don’t worry, Fany-ah. This won’t hurt one bit.”

“NO!” Tiffany shouted as she sat up from her bed, her breath ragged and beads of sweat on her forehead. Tiffany felt herself trembling and hugged her knees to her chest in attempt to calm herself. “Why?” she muttered, as tears welled up in her eyes. “Why did I have to remember that?”

 

The next day, Tiffany was walking through the hallways when she spotted Taeyeon. She smiled at the sight of the danshin and was about to call out to her when she suddenly heard Taeyeon’s voice in her head. “I hate you!” Taeyeon’s voice shouted. Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows. “How could you do this to me?” the shorty’s voice continued.

It’s that dream. She said in her head. What could Taeyeon have been talking about? The bet?

Taeyeon beamed as she spotted Tiffany and ran towards her, wrapping the taller girl in a tight embrace.

Tiffany was surprised by the sudden contact. She then smiled and tightened her grip on the shorter girl, not wanting to let go. How could she stand to lose this warmth? How could she have been stupid enough to try and hurt this girl? Tiffany mentally cursed herself for even attempting it. Tae, please don’t ever leave me. She thought selfishly. I need you in my life more than ever, right now.

“Fany-ah?” Taeyeon asked. “Is something wrong?”

Tiffany shook her head and smiled as she nuzzled her head deeper into the crook of the shorter girl’s neck, inhaling her scent. “I just missed you.”

Taeyeon chuckled as she pulled away, playfully thumping Tiffany’s forehead. “Pabo-yah~ We just saw each other yesterday.”

Tiffany smiled. “I know. I’m just grateful to have you as a friend, that’s all.”

Taeyeon furrowed her brows. “Fany, with the way you’re talking, you’re making it sound as if I’m going to leave you.”

“Who says you won’t?” Tiffany muttered under her breath. Taeyeon sighed and thumped Tiffany on the head again, this time harder. “Yah!” Tiffany shouted. “What was that for?”

Taeyeon frowned. “For being a pabo! Why do you think I’ll leave you? I know we haven’t known each other for that long, but you’re one of the few people I can call a friend. When I’m with you, I feel like I can just be me and I know I won’t be judged.” She cupped Tiffany’s face and smiled. “I’d never leave you, Fany-ah. Get that through this thick head of yours,” she said as she lightly knocked on Tiffany’s forehead.

Tiffany smiled slightly. You say that now, Tae, but once you find out about the bet I made, you’ll never want to see me again. She truly was an idiot. Why, of all people, did she have to bet on Taeyeon? The shorty has been nothing but kind to her ever since they started this friendship. Her guilt was beginning to eat away at her conscience, but even so, she desperately wanted to hang on to this girl. She knows she doesn’t deserve to have Taeyeon at her side, but she couldn’t bear the thought of losing such a dear friend.

“Tae, no matter what happens, do you promise to always stay by my side?” Tiffany asked in a low voice.

Taeyeon smiled. “What am I, your boyfriend now?”

Tiffany took Taeyeon’s hands and looked into her eyes. “Promise me, Tae.”

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows and pulled Tiffany into another hug. “I promise, Fany. You know I would never do anything to hurt you.”

Tiffany felt tears escape her eyes. I know. She said to herself. That’s what hurts even more. Tiffany knew that it was selfish and unfair for her to ask Taeyeon to promise something like that, but she didn’t care. She never wanted Taeyeon to leave her side. If she could hang on to the shorty through that promise, she would take it. She couldn’t explain why, but Taeyeon had become an important person to her in the past month. She felt a strong connection to this girl. There was just something about Taeyeon that pulled Tiffany closer a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter