Heart to Heart

Worlds Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon was blushing furiously as Tiffany leaned closer and closer to her. Is she serious? The danshin thought. Is Fany really going to kiss me?

Their lips were only inches apart. Tiffany opened her eyes to take a peek at her blushing friend, then smiled and kissed Taeyeon’s forehead. “You’re cute, Tae.”

“Yah~” Taeyeon whined and slapped her friend’s arm. “Why do you keep teasing me like this?”

Tiffany chuckled. “So I can get cute reactions like this out of you.”

“You’re mean, Fany,” she said with a pout.

“Aww,” Tiffany squealed. “See? You’re so cute!” She hugged Taeyeon. “Can I have you all to myself?”

Taeyeon’s heart skipped a beat. She pulled away from Tiffany with a determined look on her face.

“Tae Tae?” Tiffany asked. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

Taeyeon’s heart continued to beat faster and faster. She inched towards Tiffany.

“Tae, you’re kind of scaring me with that look of yours.”

When Taeyeon’s face was only inches away from Tiffany’s, she smiled. “I told you not to tease me, Fany.”

“I—I’m sorry,” Tiffany said, averting her gaze.

“Look at me when I’m talking to you,” Taeyeon whispered in her ear.

“S—sorry,” she replied, a blush evident on her cheeks.

Taeyeon smiled. “You’re not used to me being so straight forward, are you?”

Tiffany shook her head.

Taeyeon leaned in towards Tiffany who had closed her eyes. They were only inches away when Taeyeon pulled away due to hysterical laughter.

“Yah!” Tiffany shouted. “What are you laughing at?”

“Sorry Fany,” Taeyeon said between laughing fits. “I just don’t know how you pull it off without having to laugh at yourself afterwards.”

Tiffany pouted. “Jerk!” She folded her arms and turned her back on Taeyeon.

“Yah~ Fany-ah,” Taeyeon crooned. “Why are you being like that?”

“Because you were making fun of me.”

“No, I wasn’t. I just wanted to try it because you made it look so easy,” she explained.

“I don’t know if that was meant to be an insult or a compliment.”

“I wasn’t trying to insult you. I just wanted to see what it felt like to do the things you do.”

Tiffany chuckled. “You mean flirting, Tae?”

Taeyeon blushed and looked away. “Yeah, that.”

Tiffany giggled. “So Tae Tae,” she began. Taeyeon looked at Tiffany. “Tell me the truth. Why do you love Sunny-ah so much?”

“The truth?” Taeyeon echoed. “I think it’s because I’m comfortable when I’m with her. I can openly tell her all of my problems and everything I’m thinking. I don’t know. I just feel like I don’t have to ever hold back with her, you know?”

Tiffany nodded. “Yeah, I understand. Why haven’t you ever acted on your feelings though?”

“I was too late,” Taeyeon replied. “Before I realized my feelings for her, she was already taken.”

“Ouch.”

“Yeah, it did sting and it still does, but what can I do? If Oppa makes her happy, who am I to stand in their way, right?”

Tiffany stared at Taeyeon and smiled. “You know, you’ve got guts. Here I thought you were just a clueless little girl poking at love. I must say, you are really mature Tae Tae. I wouldn’t be able to handle that. Seeing the girl I love in someone else’s arms and still being a friend to her even though she was breaking my heart, I just don’t think I could take that. It would literally drive me insane.”

Taeyeon chuckled. “You talk to me like I’m a five year old. Just so you know, Fany, I am older than you.”

Tiffany laughed. “Yeah, I tend to forget that little tidbit every once in a while. It’s just this image I have of you, that’s all.”

“Oh, you mean the one everyone has? That I’m a weak little girl that always needs to be protected because she can’t take care of herself?” Taeyeon asked raising her voice.

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows. “Well, it sounds harsh when you put it that way.”

Taeyeon snickered. “I’ve got news for you, Tiffany, I’m not as weak as you think I am. I am more than capable of taking care of myself and the one I love!” she shouted.

“Okay, Tae,” she said, putting her hands up in surrender. “I never said you couldn’t. Please calm down.”

Taeyeon looked away. “Sorry, Fany. I’m sorry for shouting. I don’t know what came over me.”

Tiffany smiled and placed a hand over Taeyeon’s. “Hey, look at me.” Taeyeon did as she was asked. “It’s okay. I think that’s just stress getting to you.”

“Yeah,” Taeyeon said with a weak smile. “Maybe you’re right.”

“So what are your plans once we get out of this stupid closet?” Tiffany asked.

“What do you mean?”

“Are you going to continue waiting for Sunny-ah?”

“I don’t know what other choice I have left. I love her, or at least I think I am.”

Tiffany smiled. “Then I’ll be rooting for you. If you need an ego boost or just someone to vent your f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter